Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Get Glenn, because it makes some incoming plot beats even dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
Get Glenn. No need for Kid just yet.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Save Kid, because I like Razzly.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

DeTosh posted:

She does come with a side of korcha though. And part of me wants to make kat look at that codpiece a lot.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
Go get Glenn. Kidd is tougher than you give her credit for.

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009
Man, this choice. Whenever I consider playing this game again, somehow it's always this bit that dissuades me. Strongest character in the game on one fork, and one of the few I actually like on the other. Not sure why it's this and not any of the game's many greater flaws, but that's how it is.

Not that you need a strong guy, though. Game's not that hard.

Save Razzly. Kid's clearly too plot relevant to need saving, but if you don't take her path Razzly straight up dies. You monsters.

DeTosh posted:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Glenn is just a cool character and the equipment you can get for him later rules. Also he can actually participate in some of the story making him better than most other characters.

gently caress it, go get Glenn

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Cuazl posted:

Save Razzly. Kid's clearly too plot relevant to need saving, but if you don't take her path Razzly straight up dies. You monsters.
:hmmyes:

Also Swiss Miss Chun-Li has the most amazing family tree, iirc her brother is Nikki the emo guitarist, their father is a pirate, and their mother was a mermaid.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm way too amused by the Bronze Sword's description being "a sword made out of copper". Partially correct, but still...

Anyhow, go get Glenn. There's way too much Kid in the game either way.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

When I played through the game a few months ago, I went with the save Kid route, so I'm gonna vote for not saving Kid on this run.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

God this is the dumbest decision point ever. Anyway Glenn is cool so go with the route that's so dumb it basically locks major characters behind a secret.

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Why, no, I wouldn't hurt a (butter)fly. Why do you ask?
Get Razzly (and torture Kat with the codpiece). Razzly is the best.

Music Junkie
Sep 30, 2012

That's right, embrace the cute. Embrace it. You know you want to.
I vote for saving Kid, if only so you can get Razzly. And yeah, you get Korcha, but you can always bench him.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Is everyone getting divorces for Christmas, Grandma Party?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Dr.Smasher posted:

Is everyone getting divorces for Christmas, Grandma Party?

I've never been this busy in my entire career. It's not dead, I promise!

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Why, no, I wouldn't hurt a (butter)fly. Why do you ask?

GrandmaParty posted:

I've never been this busy in my entire career. It's not dead, I promise!

Hooray!! I look forward to when your schedule clears up :)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You all deserve better. I'm trying to pull myself out of work stress and COVID-ness and make these more. Because they're fun.

Episode 9 is up!

Commentary On

No Commentary

This is phenomenally stupid. And I'm going to try to use this party for as long as I can while showing off other parties too.

So trying not to use the one guy everyone uses, I guess. Until I have to.

And if you haven't seen the Pampaw Bebus episode of the Sims 3 by Dan, you need to see it. I cried.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Katherine has the right pronunciation of Melchior, who was one of the three Wise Men/Magi from the Gospel of Matthew. He's also the guy who forges the Masamune and Prism/Rainbow gear in Chrono Trigger so I dunno how you forgot that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NGDBSS posted:

Katherine has the right pronunciation of Melchior, who was one of the three Wise Men/Magi from the Gospel of Matthew. He's also the guy who forges the Masamune and Prism/Rainbow gear in Chrono Trigger so I dunno how you forgot that.

I had never heard of those names for the wise men before, until one day my parents were making us go to church and I was sitting through some sermon and the pastor just mentioned in passing the wise men "Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar" and me and my brother snap our heads to each other all :aaa:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
This thread is as cold as Texas right now

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Oh man. I got real covid busy and then I got real happy because I found a way to print money and then I lost almost all of it.

No SPAC chat here. But I should be back now!

Episode 10 is up!

Commentary On

No Commentary

I busted out all the stops on this one.

Things you get:

1) The cat rubbing against the microphone;
2) Me betting I can fit eggs in my butt;
3) The dog audibly burping;
4) Us having a good time; and
5) Everyone getting on the bus.

I've found a way to make sure I can get out these regularly for a while. I record them all in advance. I've got at least 5 more in the pipe.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Did you short some Gamestop, then spend the money on NFTs of Yiik?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I tried to nft drils candle tweet so I could claim to own it but it turns out those stupid things don't work like that.

I sold 200 shares of gamestop at 18 in December

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Yesssssss! Been looking forward to this coming back.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

on one hand I'm glad this is back.
On the other hand waking up completely unprepared to remember the existence of Dildor is a complicated Mood.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Nice to see you back. I've been wanting to watch an LP of Chrono Cross, for some reason.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Luccia's expression looks like she is never not smelling a fart.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Episode 11 is up!

Commentary On

No Commentary

I bet you thought I was going to give up like last time.

You were wrong. We're in this all the way to the end, baby.

I forgot to turn off my AC so that's part of it. Noise suppression made us too flat so...we're just going to deal with the fan sound for about a minute before the music covers it up.

I won't tell you what dialogue I replaced.

It wasn't people goofing on circlmastr

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Every rpg has its Dildor. You just have to recognize them.

Kimahri is the Dildor of FFX.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

GrandmaParty posted:

Every rpg has its Dildor. You just have to recognize them.

Kimahri is the Dildor of FFX.

Hah, this could actually be some kind of fun.

FF1: Thief, since they don’t even have their one gimmick (steal) in the rest of the series

FF2: Gordon, for being a coward and easily your weakest temporary party member (with an honorable mention to Guy, whose only characterization is “can talk to animals”)

FF3: uhhh... Cid? For building an airship that gets destroyed doing the one thing it was designed for

FF4: Cid again, since at least Edward gets some character development and FuSoYa is only in the party for a couple hours max.

FF5: ehh, all of the playable cast is on their A-game, though honorable mention goes to Galuf’s werewolf buddy whose only contributions to the plot are to get his rear end kicked so hard he’s bedridden by Bartz, and sacrificing himself to dispel an illusion.

FF6: three-way tie between Mog, Gogo, and Umaro, since everyone else gets at least one character moment that they’re the center of attention in (aside from the ending).

FF7: Red XIII completes his character arc only about a quarter into the plot, and Cait Sith is Cait Sith.

FF8: Zell.

FF9: Quina and Amarant, Freya to a lesser extent.

I never played/watched or completed any of the rest of the FF series aside from Tactics, so I dunno who to put in for the rest.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

FFXII - Vaan, the viewpoint character, who has basically no reason to be involved in the plot.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I'd like to argue that Chrono Cross is filled with Dildors. Quite possibly the highest Dildor concentration per capita of any JRPG that offers distinct characters.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Oops! All Dildors!

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Mizuti posted:

I'd like to argue that Chrono Cross is filled with Dildors. Quite possibly the highest Dildor concentration per capita of any JRPG that offers distinct characters.

I think I agree, but what's the exact definition of Dildor we're using here, anyway?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

DeTosh posted:

I think I agree, but what's the exact definition of Dildor we're using here, anyway?

On thinking about it a bit, I figure it’d be something like: “despite nominally being important enough to be a playable character, this character has a minimal impact on the overall plot, has next to no characterization or character development beyond their introduction, AND/OR has their personal arc wrapped up long before the main plot is complete”.

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 12, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I think an additional criteria of either "with a little bit more effort in writing could be removed completely from the story for the betterment of all" or "default feeling when seeing or having to include them in the party is wanting to punch them very very hard"

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

DeTosh posted:

Dildor is in your heart.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

GrandmaParty posted:

Dildor is in your heart.

No, thank you.

...And now I'm going to be looking for Dildors in every JRPG I play.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

There needs to be an additional level of combat and mechanical uselessness as well, though, because An important facet of a Dildor is their permanent benchwarmer status due to there being no reason for you to put them in the party, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
To codify the Dildor, he is a playable character who is completely useless in gameplay, largely irrelevant to the plot past their initial introduction, and utterly punchably annoying.

Chrono Cross has that in spades, though that's kind of a given because of the 3 party size and 40-odd characters.