Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

That clip is impressive, boots beats him to the counter punch even though he throws from the same hand twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/DAZNBoxing/status/1381995498731667457?s=09

Between Triller and King Ry, 14 year olds are having a hell of a year.

Edit: It's possible that if he comes through this he gets positioned to fight Devin Haney if he beats Linares. Or maybe Teofimo if Golden Boy jumps to Triller

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’ll probably be teofimo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'll be interested to see how far garcia goes. he passes the eye test for sure. he'll also be carded at drinking establishments until he's 52.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Frame by frame, it looks like a shoulder? Not that that’s any better.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Jake doesn't have the Will of the Warrior.

Puttin' the big dosh on Askren

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

well, he does seem to be trying to emulate real boxers in one respect

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Frame by frame, it looks like a shoulder? Not that that’s any better.

Yeah, looks more like a sneaky shoulder check but with the way Ennis reacts there might of been head to head contact too.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

BrotherJayne posted:

Jake doesn't have the Will of the Warrior.

Puttin' the big dosh on Askren

Jakes gonna gas, askrens skull is too thick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. F! posted:

Jakes gonna gas, askrens skull is too thick

It's been conditioned like a Thai fighter's shin bone thanks to Lawler, Masvidal, and K1/Lumpinee grand champion, Demian Maia

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

How did I know what this article was going to be about before I even opened it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

It's been conditioned like a Thai fighter's shin bone thanks to Lawler, Masvidal, and K1/Lumpinee grand champion, Demian Maia

Yeah, dude his face looks so loving weathered. Like its been flattened thousands of times over the years

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Mr. F! posted:

Yeah, dude his face looks so loving weathered. Like its been flattened thousands of times over the years

Dafuck you talkin' 'bout, Funky got a face carved from finest marble. He IS the Pantheon.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If Ben Askren’s face is carved from marble, the sculpture he ended up as is Boxer at Rest

Which was actually a bronze statue but whatever

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jump King posted:

If Ben Askren’s face is carved from marble, the sculpture he ended up as is Boxer at Rest

:eyepop:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
The real main event of the week is clearly Demetrius Andrade-Liam Williams :mad:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1382811728724033536/photo/1

Showtime just released their summer schedule. To me the highlights are Jermall Charlo-Brian Castano for the 154 full unification and the delayed Nordine Oubaali-Nonito Donaire. David Benavidez- Jose Uzacategui could be a cracker too.

Tank on PPV though :mad:

EDIT: The co-feature to Tank-Barrios is supposed to be Erickson Lubin vs Jeison Rosario. A little better I guess

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 16, 2021

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don’t really hate anything here aside from the Jermall fight, but yeah tank and lubin isn’t good enough for ppv

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Literally the boxing equivalent of being really tired and self-diagnosing as having COVID

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1382764354349719552?s=09

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The SituAsian posted:

Literally the boxing equivalent of being really tired and self-diagnosing as having COVID

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1382764354349719552?s=09

hopefully we'll get confirmation soon

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Paul's CTE is retroactive, in that it was showing up before he ever got into a ring

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If the commission sees that article and pulls the plug on the fight that will be the funniest thing in combat sports this year, hands down.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wow Jake Paul has brain damage

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
A severe case of youtuber brain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lol

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Show these two pictures to people who don't know either person and ask them which one is the dorky youtuber and which one is a multiple organization MMA champion. (crop the name on the pants though)

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

CommonShore posted:

If the commission sees that article and pulls the plug on the fight that will be the funniest thing in combat sports this year, hands down.

Frank Mir weighed in 70 pounds heavier than Steve Cunningham. They don't give a gently caress

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Brut posted:

Show these two pictures to people who don't know either person and ask them which one is the dorky youtuber and which one is a multiple organization MMA champion. (crop the name on the pants though)

Reminds me of the Todd Duffee vs Russow. Hope it goes the same way.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Brut posted:

Yeah it's sweet that Ben Askren has neither the physique nor the lovely tattoos of a combat sports athlete

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
On my Fremdscham-scale, Askren vs. Paul feels like 9 out of 10 Tito press conferences, so I don't even think I can watch it, but I'm definitely gonna read the posts about it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The way everyone's looking at Askren

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Duzzy Funlop posted:

On my Fremdscham-scale, Askren vs. Paul feels like 9 out of 10 Tito press conferences, so I don't even think I can watch it, but I'm definitely gonna read the posts about it.

Here's what Michael Buffer thinks:

e: get this startup setting money on fire payday while you can
https://twitter.com/lefthookclub/status/1383133861236903938

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 17, 2021

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

kimbo305 posted:

Here's what Michael Buffer thinks:

e: get this startup setting money on fire payday while you can
https://twitter.com/lefthookclub/status/1383133861236903938

The reports are that Ben is getting PPV points and honestly, given the buzz that's swelling up, I think this could approach 1 million buys. So he's probably going to clear a few million. Not too bad for fight with Youtuber

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

I think this could approach 1 million buys.

even if it does a third of this, it should embarrass any and all combat sports 'promoters'. dana has some of the finest athletes exclusively signed to his company and it would take a stacked card to do half the buys of the youtube man.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/ESPNRingside/status/1383176320394227717?s=19

Sure. Why not.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Wasn't there once this old show called celebrity death match where the animators imagined what it would be like if Oprah fought Ellen or whatever?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Marching Powder posted:

Wasn't there once this old show called celebrity death match where the animators imagined what it would be like if Oprah fought Ellen or whatever?

Yup. Quality Claymation art stuck in its time period.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Gumball Gumption posted:

The way everyone's looking at Askren

The guy walking past with the camera certainly has "boyfriend checking out passing lady while girlfriend looks upset" stock photo energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

There is no low boxing will not sink to