Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

does uh... does the color change the way that it heats or something :confused:
Look man I have a sparkly navy blue Le Creuset called "Midnight Blue" and you better believe the corned beef comes out tastier in that.

MisterOblivious posted:

“RocketLunatic” posted:

marinated gochujang pork tenderloin on the grill. Excited.
Have a preferred recipe? That's what I'm cooking tomorrow.
Also interested in this. Usually I marinade skirt/flank/flat iron steak in gochujang and honey, but pork would be a nice change.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nooner posted:

does uh... does the color change the way that it heats or something :confused:

I chose red specifically because I think it makes food more exciting. Like Mc Donald's. Blue would be weird.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Jingleheimer posted:

I spent too much of my day today wasting away on reddit, but it wasn't a total waste. I discovered that r/CostcoHotDogCult is a thing that exists.

:wrong:

they don't love the hotdog the same way we do, son. they love it wrong

ever since the great Hotdog Schism of '04...

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My ex claimed to love hot dogs but hated both corndogs and Costco dogs. I should have run for the hills way earlier.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Martman posted:

My ex claimed to love hot dogs but hated both corndogs and Costco dogs. I should have run for the hills way earlier.

Did she have a false love for mustard?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:crossarms: How big is your oven?
standard apartment oven? it's not big but it fits just fine. enough room to move it aorund it's not like comically wedged in or anything.

Renegret posted:

I want those dutch ovens but I don't need two and my Costco is always out of stock of the color I want. I can't justify a $70 purchase that way.
ngl the second one I really dont need, but it was only $45. apparently the sale just ended yesterday though so you missed out the $25 off which should make it a no brainer even if you throw the other one away. the only colors they come in are red and teal. i went with the teal although neither would be my first choice.

i'll still use the second one because its always a pain spilling sauces out of sautee pans and often i've got one in use already. we were going to buy a braiser earllier but this will work

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 20, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Delpino posted:

Was it in an aluminum can with lots of different languages on it? If so that was бринза (brinza) and that poo poo is stupidly good on top of polenta with some crispy lardons.

yea its called piknik dairyland

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

standard apartment oven? it's not big but it fits just fine. enough room to move it aorund it's not like comically wedged in or anything.

I was getting at... did you mean quarts? Because 7 gallons is like a restaurant stock pot. I have a nice new big oven and I use maybe a 6 quart dutch oven.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Costco used to carry a Kirkland branded Dutch oven. It was a tad small, maybe 6 quart, but it was great and I learned all of my test kitchen secret stew recipes with it. Gave it to a friend who uses it to this day.

It even had a metal knob! A lot of Dutch ovens have a plastic knob that’s safe to touch and is perfectly fine for most Dutch oven needs. Bread people use too hot an oven, and you risk a melty knob. Hell, when I upgraded to a loving sweet purple le creuset, I think I had to shell out another ten bucks for a metal knob. That’s like a third of the price of the Costco oven.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was getting at... did you mean quarts? Because 7 gallons is like a restaurant stock pot. I have a nice new big oven and I use maybe a 6 quart dutch oven.

oh yeah i'm a loving idiot. yeah quarts

my previous lodge one was 6q, which was fine but actually i often made some stews or soups that came right up to the lip or just enough that stirring it has potential to spill off onto the range. 6q its a good size but i feel 7q is probably a little more useful overall just for that little bit extra wiggle room. the tramontina does have less thermal mass than my lodge, which is kind of a bummer since hefty thermal mass is important for searing and such.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 20, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i noticed at my costco they were selling these enormous stock pots that seemed too large to fit on any stove i would ever own so i kept on going

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Xaris posted:

ngl the second one I really dont need, but it was only $45. apparently the sale just ended yesterday though so you missed out the $25 off which should make it a no brainer even if you throw the other one away. the only colors they come in are red and teal. i went with the teal although neither would be my first choice.

i'll still use the second one because its always a pain spilling sauces out of sautee pans and often i've got one in use already. we were going to buy a braiser earllier but this will work

What's weird is that I just looked at it in store last week and it was listed as regular price. So I intentionally didn't buy it in order to wait for a sale.

And they only had the blue in stock and it's ugly as well. I want red :(

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

i noticed at my costco they were selling these enormous stock pots that seemed too large to fit on any stove i would ever own so i kept on going

those are for italians to put on propane burners in their garage ime

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Would keeping my boxed.com membership be worth it once I get a sweet sweet Costco membership? I'm thinking no.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

SirPablo posted:

If the question is "can this air fry?" The answer is "yes".

A friend just air fried cinnamon rolls as an experiment.

Outside was crispy burnt, inside was still cold.

A few minutes in the microwave afterwards helped a lot though

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

MisterOblivious posted:

Have a preferred recipe? That's what I'm cooking tomorrow.

My wife used 4 tablespoons gojuchang, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, one tablespoon soy sauce, two tablespoons rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper on meat, a little sugar and honey, and one tablespoon of canola oil.

Though she added more gojuchang and soy sauce and rice wine to make it more liquid like, just to get a good consistency.

She let the meat marinate a few hours.

I grilled it over charcoal on both sides then moved them to direct heat for about 30 minutes. Then I drizzled extra sauce and put it back on direct heat for a bit. It was drat good.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Johnny Truant posted:

I think I could dig up the coupon I got through my previous employer's generic benefits email(hell yeah they never took me off the mailing list :getin:) if you'd like. It's nothing huge, I think you just get a $30 Costco gift card, but happy to share the generic code if anybody wants it!

That is insanely thoughtful... how about giving it to someone new or on the fence about going to the church? This family is already on board :) I just want them to get a cool bag or something ;)

Again, thx so much for the offer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DarkHorse posted:

A friend just air fried cinnamon rolls as an experiment.

Outside was crispy burnt, inside was still cold.

A few minutes in the microwave afterwards helped a lot though

Sounds like they had the temp turned up way too high. Air fry mode at 200-250F is a great way to reheat rolls ime

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

That is insanely thoughtful... how about giving it to someone new or on the fence about going to the church? This family is already on board :) I just want them to get a cool bag or something ;)

No prob! It'll require a little digging through my emails cause I don't remember wtf I labeled it as, or if I did so at all, but I'll set a reminder to check it out tonight :toot:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Fallom posted:

Sounds like they had the temp turned up way too high. Air fry mode at 200-250F is a great way to reheat rolls ime

This was an original cooking experiment, not a reheat :)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Walrus posted:

those are for italians to put on propane burners in their garage ime

My neighbors set theirs up in the backyard and I enviously watch them make huge batches of tamales.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Crawfish boil!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Brew beer!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DarkHorse posted:

This was an original cooking experiment, not a reheat :)

My bad, I have yet to dial it in for baking myself

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My bitchin sauce went bad :smith:

I only had a quarter left too. :qq: sleep well, sweet prince

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i'm going to costco today

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

AlphaKeny1 posted:

i'm going to costco today

That’s awesome, man. I think I’m gonna head over there tomorrow. Let me know if you see anything good.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Please pick up some dave killers bread

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got some of those brown sugar milk bars... very tasty treat! Thanks thread for the rec!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The FoodSaver vacuum sealer is on sale is it worth it?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

The FoodSaver vacuum sealer is on sale is it worth it?

I needed this I wanted this but I waited and Costco has blessed me once more

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm not sure if I need it I don't know what it does besides vacuum seal steaks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got it but haven't used it yet.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can use it to sous vide food. It'll marinate food faster. Saves space in the freezer and keeps the stuff good for longer.

I wouldn't say they're essential but if you got a couple people in the fam they're useful

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

namlosh posted:

Found it! So it's not a coupon, but it's essentially the same thing. Buy a Costco Membership Activation Certificate, present it at an actual Costco, and you'll get :10bux::10bux::10bux: on a Costco gift card! It gets mailed to the address you provide, which meh, but money is money.

Anybody can use it as far as I can tell, so if anyone is going to sign up for a new membership hit this uuuuuuuuuuppppppppp: https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/purchase/Perkspot

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Hed posted:

I got some of those brown sugar milk bars... very tasty treat! Thanks thread for the rec!

:yeah:

on first bite, i thought they’d be too sweet for me but they’re really delightful.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i got prok ribs, skrimp cebiche, and basil hayden

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

FogHelmut posted:

I'm not sure if I need it I don't know what it does besides vacuum seal steaks.

What else would you need it to do? :raise:

And that's just today's trip - PBUC!

But seriously, it is great for sous vide as mentioned above, but also for all sorts of leftovers. I use it for when I inevitably make too much pulled pork, brisket, ribs, etc. Then sous vide to reheat :getin:

ROJO fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 21, 2021

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Picked up the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling for my wife's birthday. That's some good cake. I think I'll grab one for my birthday this year instead of the tuxedo cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ROJO posted:

What else would you need it to do? :raise:

And that's just today's trip - PBUC!

But seriously, it is great for sous vide as mentioned above, but also for all sorts of leftovers. I use it for when I inevitably make too much pulled pork, brisket, ribs, etc. Then sous vide to reheat :getin:

:fap::jackbud::fap: