Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the Heeters did all that because they assume the protagonists are normal people who need actual motivation to engage in battle

Yeah they're running under the assumption that fighting supposedly the strongest dude in the universe is something you would need to provide incentives to convince someone to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No not really, they more or less got all the info they needed from Zuno. They are giving incentive to KILL Granolah. As Goku and Vegeta would like to just fight him because he’s strong. But they would not kill him for that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Quote is not edit.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I feel like we’re gonna see Gogeta again.

Vegeta is focusing on a technique that gives him unmatched destructive power

Goku is focusing on a technique that focuses on the perfect defense

You got your peanut butter in my chocolate!

They’re fighting a guy who is magically the strongest in the universe, so logically, alone neither Goku or Vegeta can stop him. But the dragon couldn’t take a being who only exists temporarily into account, like Gogeta. Silver haired, purple aura Gogeta. I’m here for it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
New manga chapter shreds

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nanigans posted:

They’re fighting a guy who is magically the strongest in the universe, so logically, alone neither Goku or Vegeta can stop him. But the dragon couldn’t take a being who only exists temporarily into account, like Gogeta. Silver haired, purple aura Gogeta. I’m here for it.

Hell, Granolah was made Strongest in the Universe™ right before G'n'V started training in divine techniques so it's already a suspect position without dances or earings involved.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if Ultra Instinct is just a state of being Goku can achieve as normal, what is the silver-haired transformation

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

if Ultra Instinct is just a state of being Goku can achieve as normal, what is the silver-haired transformation

A merchandising opportunity.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Trying to justify the different "forms" of UI instead of just chalking it up to retcons is probably foolish, but my current guess is that silver haired Mastered UI means Goku is using 100% of his energy towards UI and pushing his body to the limit to react that fast/strongly. What Whis wants is for Goku to be always at a low level UI, where he's not "focusing" on it. So his reaction speed may not be AS fast as Mastered UI, but it's way better than not.

UI has limits, as set by the person's body and mind. Even if I, the poster, had UI I couldn't dodge a bullet. My body just literally can't do that. So that's what I'm going with right now; silver hair means Goku is pouring everything into it to increase his abilities, which is extremely draining.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Won't be seeing Gogeta until they start training with Broly again on that bumfuck planet on the edge of the rim.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

whis pretty much just calls it him pushing past his limits, so it's more of a transformation obtained through trying really hard with the big drawback of being really draining to use (like ultra ssj)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Another step on the ladder to the next transformation no this time it's the top we swear™

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Super Ultra Instinct.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Vegeta gonna Hakai Granolah's right eye thing.

Broly is canon so Granolah is stronger than him and Goku/Vegeta have no chance in a regular fight.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I was under the impression that the Ultra Instinct “state” was partially him manipulating his ki as efficiently as possible which was indirectly a huge multiplier that let him beat Jiren’s Big Number. I guess I’m wrong though?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wonder how much of a margin does the strongest of the universe actually have? How quickly can others catch up?

I guess it's true that they want Goku and Vegeta to kill Granolah and lying makes that slightly more likely.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Tbh I was under the impression that the Ultra Instinct “state” was partially him manipulating his ki as efficiently as possible which was indirectly a huge multiplier that let him beat Jiren’s Big Number. I guess I’m wrong though?

It's never been set in stone exactly what UI does. It seems like it provides a poo poo load of a power boost over standard, though, in addition to the auto-fight abilities. I assume the transformation is Goku mainlining Godly Ki, as opposed to just using it in place of normal Ki for SSG and SSGSS. Ultra Instinct is a state of mind you can access without transforming, though, which is what Whis is trying to teach him.

If you can dodge everything and hit perfectly, you don't NEED to transform.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
When they show Granolah his two new opponents and Goku is just chowing down on food in the video screen is great.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Granolah probably doesn't know Freiza can transform so he's going to have quite the shock when/if he confronts him.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Judge Tesla posted:

Granolah probably doesn't know Freiza can transform so he's going to have quite the shock when/if he confronts him.

Would be hilarious if his wish only took into account base form power and not stuff like Super Saiyan or Golden Frieza

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

drrockso20 posted:

Would be hilarious if his wish only took into account base form power and not stuff like Super Saiyan or Golden Frieza

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking is going to happen. It feels like that there's got to be another catch to the wish other than just losing years of his life or otherwise Granolah is more powerful than Broly, like Admiral Joselop said.

Does Beerus's planet count as being part of Universe 7, or is it in some pocket dimension? Goku and Vegeta may not have even factored into the wish if it is

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The real villain could be that guy who is a part of the Heeters that has a face kind of designed like Kid Buu

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

That would be the absolute funniest twist, but it's still gonna be more powerful than most transformations at least, cause, base Brolly.

Also, villains getting the other Dragon Balls could create the actual villain or whatever.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah this leg of the arc does kind of feel like Superman and Batman about to fight, now once the strong Heeter guy gets juiced I could see becoming the main guy. It would be nice to see Frieza take a significant role though, given he's ostensibly the driving motivation for most of the cast this arc

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Frieza is only gonna pop in just to make everything worse. I'm betting he does another Paragus with the old Namekian.

Also I bet the topic of Frieze will be funny.

"No, no this is a huge misunderstanding we killed Frieza, twice!"

"Then why is he still around?"

"Cause we brought him back to life!"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That Heeters guy might have been stronger than Frieza but there's no way he's anywhere near as strong as Push Ups, Sit Ups, and Juice Frieza

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Frieza is only gonna pop in just to make everything worse. I'm betting he does another Paragus with the old Namekian.

Also I bet the topic of Frieze will be funny.

"No, no this is a huge misunderstanding we killed Frieza, twice!"

"Then why is he still around?"

"Cause we brought him back to life!"

"Look granola it's simple, we needed him to fight in a tournament so an Omnipotent toddler wouldn't destroy all of reality and then an angel brought Frieza back to life! Make sense right?"

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 21, 2021

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestonJew posted:

That Heeters guy might have been stronger than Frieza but there's no way he's anywhere near as strong as Push Ups, Sit Ups, and Juice Frieza

The incredibly obvious gag here is that the power scale the Heeters and Granolah are measuring themselves against is based on past knowledge, when stuff like random Saiyan kill squads were terrifying threats instead of ants to the big boys of the setting, and when Form 1 Freeza was an unstoppable demigod.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I will crack up if the Heeter boy goes to take a swing at Frieza and he turns gold and they just go 'wait he can do what now'

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

multijoe posted:

I will crack up if the Heeter boy goes to take a swing at Frieza and he turns gold and they just go 'wait he can do what now'

I'd laugh if he didn't even recognize Final Form. "Where's Freeza, who are you?"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darko posted:

I'd laugh if he didn't even recognize Final Form. "Where's Freeza, who are you?"

This has so much potential for Freeza bullshit I cannot wait

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1387271876175536128

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2021/04/28/composer-shunsuke-kikuchi-passes-away/

Shunsuke Kikuchi has passed.
RIP to a legitimate legend.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 28, 2021

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I don't want to be excited, I've been so disappointed before but the setup is again pretty drat fun

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Does anyone know how the last arc was received outside of this thread? TotallyNotMark's review was kind of the inverse to our broad impression (weak start, strong ending), was that a common view among the other strains of Dragon Ball fans?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He's a youtube review & analysis guy who's done alot of dragon ball stuff, makes pretty good videos

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

multijoe posted:

Does anyone know how the last arc was received outside of this thread? TotallyNotMark's review was kind of the inverse to our broad impression (weak start, strong ending), was that a common view among the other strains of Dragon Ball fans?

Ignoring the negative comments about how similar it was to previous arcs, The manga plus comment section was pretty positive

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

multijoe posted:

Even then, he was kinda down on it for a while before the ending occurred.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Woozie66 posted:

Trying to justify the different "forms" of UI instead of just chalking it up to retcons is probably foolish, but my current guess is that silver haired Mastered UI means Goku is using 100% of his energy towards UI and pushing his body to the limit to react that fast/strongly. What Whis wants is for Goku to be always at a low level UI, where he's not "focusing" on it. So his reaction speed may not be AS fast as Mastered UI, but it's way better than not.

UI has limits, as set by the person's body and mind. Even if I, the poster, had UI I couldn't dodge a bullet. My body just literally can't do that. So that's what I'm going with right now; silver hair means Goku is pouring everything into it to increase his abilities, which is extremely draining.

Feels like it could be like Roshi's False Ultra Instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Come to think of it, Roshi also has silver hair.

Granted, that's because he's old, but that's a nice (and funny) way to keep consistency.