Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

A list of supposed Disney+ Marvel CMFs has started circulating. I want them all if true. Spoilered just in case.

Scarlet Witch
• White Vision
• Monica Rambeau
• Captain America (Sam Wilson)
• Bucky Barnes
• Loki (with Throg)
• Lady Loki
• Captain Britain (Peggy Carter)
• Zombie Captain America
• Star-Lord (T’Challa)
• Spider-Man (Steve Rogers)
• Thanos (Gamora)

I’ll wait for pictures. This looks too much like a wishlist from some Uber fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

It's the last day of double VIP points so I went ahead and bought the Corner Garage before it goes out of print, but apparently I'll only get the 2700 points that the set is worth?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guzwar posted:

It's the last day of double VIP points so I went ahead and bought the Corner Garage before it goes out of print, but apparently I'll only get the 2700 points that the set is worth?

No? That’s double the value. £159.99 x 8 (£1 is 8 points) = 1279.92, but Lego site says I’ll get 2560 points, which is double.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

It's a few pins how did it take 2 people 50 minutes to install? I think I had the whole thing mounted and displayed in about 10 minutes by myself.

Building that stand sucked rear end though.

The top two pegs went right in, but the bottom ones just weren't lining up at all. Maybe it was the fact that the stand was knockoff parts from yourwobb. I noticed while building it that stuff just didn't fit like genuine lego parts would, with sometimes zero tension on parts meant to keep crossbars in place. Also two pieces were missing but I had lego spares in another color. It all got forced together eventually though so now I just have to wait for our cat to try to knock it over.

Got the corner garage in, but I'm more looking forward to the pick a brick which just shipped, and trying to figure out where I intended all the individual pieces to go.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yes! This is very flattering, I'll send you the parts list and instructions for the white version if you like. Was planning on building one first but I'll dig them out.

I ran into two problems with doing a snow version. One, the color availability of the snowshoes used in the front is low, I had to go with black. Two, I somehow only ordered one. :smith: Anyway, I basically swapped black to gray, and brown to white.

And the vendor who's literally the closest to me on Bricklink took forever to ship.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Pick a brick takes so long it’s insane. They should really open it up to whatever they have in production for pieces/colours, not just surplus.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

The_Doctor posted:

No? That’s double the value. £159.99 x 8 (£1 is 8 points) = 1279.92, but Lego site says I’ll get 2560 points, which is double.

It was 270 in low-value Canadabucks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Pick a brick takes so long it’s insane. They should really open it up to whatever they have in production for pieces/colours, not just surplus.
It's not pick-a-brick but Im still waiting for some replacement parts I requested back in January.
At the start of march I got this:

quote:

Due to a recent change in European customs regulations, your order has been returned to our warehouse.

We’re really sorry for the delay—we’re working hard to make all the necessary changes so we can reship your order as soon as possible.

We’re taking care of getting everything sorted, so there’s no need to contact us or place a new order. We expect to reship your parts within the next 10 business days.
Still hasn't turned up lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

davebo posted:

The top two pegs went right in, but the bottom ones just weren't lining up at all. Maybe it was the fact that the stand was knockoff parts from yourwobb. I noticed while building it that stuff just didn't fit like genuine lego parts would, with sometimes zero tension on parts meant to keep crossbars in place. Also two pieces were missing but I had lego spares in another color. It all got forced together eventually though so now I just have to wait for our cat to try to knock it over.

I have the same one or similar, sourcing real parts was expensive and a pain, and yeah you can definitely feel the quality difference. I had to trash the pins and use real Lego ones.

The stand itself is rock solid though. I have rammed my Falcon with my shoulder probably 20 times on accident and it barely budges. A cat would probably have hard time knocking it over.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

I used Bricks & Pieces a lot in 2019 despite its poor interface and slow-ish shipping times. Back then, slow shipping times meant ~2 weeks (plus another week or so of transit), so it was definitely slower than using Bricklink, but still worth it sometimes. Now, the estimated shipping time is more like 2 months and I just can't bring myself to use it anymore. I just don't have that kind of patience.

Stream tonight, 7PM Central (in about 3.5 hours), and it should be an interesting one. Gonna look at the 2021 Bricklink Design Program Invitational, what it's all about, what to expect, changes from last year, and some deep dives into some of the available models (including revisions made since their IDEAS-era submissions, and changes made since the 2021 BDP went live). I haven't seen anyone do really deep coverage on this yet and figured I should!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 20, 2021

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Alarbus posted:

I ran into two problems with doing a snow version. One, the color availability of the snowshoes used in the front is low, I had to go with black. Two, I somehow only ordered one. :smith: Anyway, I basically swapped black to gray, and brown to white.

And the vendor who's literally the closest to me on Bricklink took forever to ship.

I'm so sorry, I forgot to send you that parts list! Yeah white snow shoes were impossible to find so subbed them out for white flippers.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I guess I got lucky, or maybe it's because I only ordered about $20 worth of parts, but it only took 6 days to ship mine. The lack of selection meant the stuff that is available was pretty easy to just browse through, and I like that it's all new. I imagine it'd be infuriating if I had a parts list I was trying to source, but it was more like "hmm, yeah I guess I could use some of those, and ooh some of those and why not throw in these too" so it worked out.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Earth posted:

I’ll wait for pictures. This looks too much like a wishlist from some Uber fan.

It seems to line up with the current and upcoming Disney+ offerings, so it wouldn’t surprise me too much if it were true. Synergy and all that jazz.

Personally, I’ll hold out for a “What If” Ward Meachum as Iron Fist figure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
May 4th promo set. Needs a couple of black dots for outside the homestead.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That fox in Lego Masters was pretty drat great.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It's kinda great to see blokes getting a bit teary on the telly. The Fox was magnificent.

I think the wrong team went home, but I understand the rationale. I was a little surprised the ballerina wasn't subjected to more scrutiny. The proportions weren't great.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I may be misremembering but the farm was on flat land wasn't it? Not really mountains in that area

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The_Doctor posted:

I’m guessing $200 GWP? Or are they pulling the VIP point bullshit again?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

75USD based on previous years.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Probably whatever coincides with the UCS R2D2 pricepoint.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So looks like I’ll bet getting the imperial droid and something else to hit that price point. Setting a reminder in my calendar to hit the mall when it opens on 5/4.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Doctor Spaceman posted:

That fox in Lego Masters was pretty drat great.

Oh dammit, is LEGO Masters not a weekly thing? I'll have to catch up later.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Beep boop bweeeee

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1384860197043294214

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A video showing R2D2 getting a reach around and ending with "adults welcome" is now permanently burned into my head.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That R2 looks really nice.

Official pictures of the Shang-Chi sets are out. I bummed/pissed they used light nougat for the heads. The cast is east Asian ffs. I know they've used nougat for Dr. Wu from Jurassic Park and Cho Chang from Harry Potter previously.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

the pictures of the internals make it look completely different inside - looks like the entire body is SNOT panels attached to a technic beam frame while the original was a bottom-up brick build

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Oh dammit, is LEGO Masters not a weekly thing? I'll have to catch up later.

Yeah episode 3 was tonight. The schedule is weird.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh hey this is neat and I have the others, shame there aren't any sets out that I want that I haven't gotten already....

Oh, nevermind, ha.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The_Doctor posted:

Beep boop bweeeee

Man this'll be the first time since pandemic that I'm going to the store to get something on launch day, thanks vaccines

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

deoju posted:

That R2 looks really nice.

Official pictures of the Shang-Chi sets are out. I bummed/pissed they used light nougat for the heads. The cast is east Asian ffs. I know they've used nougat for Dr. Wu from Jurassic Park and Cho Chang from Harry Potter previously.
I don't give one fraction of a heck about the sets but the sword hand guy from the car set has this piece in light bluish gray and that owns

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Brick set is reporting $85

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Carbohydrates posted:

I don't give one fraction of a heck about the sets but the sword hand guy from the car set has this piece in light bluish gray and that owns

I can't believe we allow this kind of language here.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

Already planning a build that uses it as a gas cap? ;)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Finished the shuttle, it's rad. The front landing gear doesn't come down properly and I cannot be bothered to take it apart to figure out why not, but fortunately it just looks like the real thing when it's tilted down at the nose like that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Carbohydrates posted:

this piece in light bluish gray

:eyepop:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

D'oh! Apparently May 1-5 is double VIP for Star-Wars stuff, along with the Tatoonie promo. Little bummed to know I could have gotten both for my Razor Crest had I known sooner/waited. :v:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Oxyclean posted:

D'oh! Apparently May 1-5 is double VIP for Star-Wars stuff, along with the Tatoonie promo. Little bummed to know I could have gotten both for my Razor Crest had I known sooner/waited. :v:
The less notice they give you, the more they can weaken your ability to plan your purchases in advance, causing you to impulse buy more stuff to get more VIP points! Woohoo!

For tonight's stream, my somewhat LEGO-inexperienced partner will be attempting one of my (difficult) car builds while drinking! We'll see how far they make it. In 1hr 15min / 7PM Central. Note that it's on their channel there, as linked, not on Brickening.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
:stare:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/ekow-nimako-lego-city-kumbi-saleh-3020/?format=amp

At first glance I thought it was the "city" from the movie "Dark City."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:stare:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/ekow-nimako-lego-city-kumbi-saleh-3020/?format=amp

At first glance I thought it was the "city" from the movie "Dark City."

The city is neat but I am way more impressed by those camels tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Probably way cooler in person, but I do like the aesthetic.