Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HPJoker posted:

Has anyone else checked out the new Fight Game Pod on the Observer site?

I tried but for some reason it downloaded all out of order. I can only assume it was something on my end but literally it starts halfway through, suddenly jumps to around the 1/3rd mark, then just cut off entirely. Was super weird.

What I did hear was okay, but also - and this is a kind of silly thing to be put off by - both hosts sound like the same person and sometimes I wouldn't realize that the other had started speaking and got confused why they were suddenly arguing against the point they'd just been making (after all, it's not like they're Mike Sempervive!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
If you listen to the weekend WOR’s with Dave and Garrett, Garrett is the host and John is his co-host. John says a bunch of stuff about Dynamite that I find to be too harsh in tone even if the criticism is valid. Kind of like the opposite of Lance where I agree with just about everything he says and the degree of it. But I like Garrett and know John is good people even if he’s an old school wrestling fan.

The download off the site worked perfectly for me, FWIW

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Cleveland Territory represent! Thorne was great as always as we talk about the Cactus Jack injury angle turned legit injury at Center Stage, Sean Waltman's first day with the WWF, the Champion Carnival, that epic Ultimate Warrior holding up European promoters story, and much more. Including Billy Joe Travis going wild with shoot guitar shots.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1386542977481416704
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1386544495819468800

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is the Cactus Jack injury the one that leads to Lost in Cleveland?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

davidbix posted:

Cleveland Territory represent! Thorne was great as always as we talk about the Cactus Jack injury angle turned legit injury at Center Stage, Sean Waltman's first day with the WWF, the Champion Carnival, that epic Ultimate Warrior holding up European promoters story, and much more. Including Billy Joe Travis going wild with shoot guitar shots.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1386542977481416704
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1386544495819468800

Cactus is something else. Like how do you think a planned spot with Vader powerbombing you on the concrete would go? How do you think a planned spot where you are thrown off the top of HITC would go? Both pretty much went how anyone other than Cactus would expect.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

davidbix posted:

I am shocked to find myself alive in Cleveland (as a tiny infant child, but still) during the between the sheets date this week. Truly a blessed Cleveland Monday.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Vagabundo posted:

Is the Cactus Jack injury the one that leads to Lost in Cleveland?
Yup!

1glitch0 posted:

Cactus is something else. Like how do you think a planned spot with Vader powerbombing you on the concrete would go? How do you think a planned spot where you are thrown off the top of HITC would go? Both pretty much went how anyone other than Cactus would expect.
Well, watching the injury back, it looks like Vader was trying to alter his power bomb to gently lay Mick down...only to lose him in the process and bounce his head off the concrete.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That guitar shot is heinous

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Oh no, Vinny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Arbite posted:

Oh no, Vinny.

He was so loving drunk :lol:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I like how he guessed Ace Austin had a gimmick of ‘emo magician’.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A bit old but I'm always here for long digressions into Lou Thesz back in the day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

algebra testes posted:

A bit old but I'm always here for long digressions into Lou Thesz back in the day.

"You're really good kid I've just been doing this a lot longer, please don't quit!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

"You're really good kid I've just been doing this a lot longer, please don't quit!"

This exact moment!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah. The guy drops like a rock the same way Jake did when Honky blasted him. It's gross.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
highly enjoyed bryan and vinny giving striker a well deserved burial on the impact review

Edit: dave on wor completely out to lunch on striker wth

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 26, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Striker of Matts

Broken Vinny V

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Incessant Excess posted:

highly enjoyed bryan and vinny giving striker a well deserved burial on the impact review

Edit: dave on wor completely out to lunch on striker wth

Do we know the date in 2009 when he went up his own rear end as an announcer? He's so painful to listen to as the cool nerd wrestling fan.

Also his Wikipedia says he's in commercial real estate now, so boo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1386795206280941572?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They should teach that at the PC.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Beau was probably working concessions at that event so he had to jump in and protect the business

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Everyone needs to listen to John from Memphis' call on the Filthy Four show. I was legit laughing out loud while walking my dog. Probably looking like a maniac outside.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Dango Bango posted:

Everyone needs to listen to John from Memphis' call on the Filthy Four show. I was legit laughing out loud while walking my dog. Probably looking like a maniac outside.

That was amazing. Bryan was right though, was supposed to be people calling to congratulate filthy but John ended up making it about himself by cutting a promo on Bryan. Don’t know if he was legit upset or not but the dude does ramble on forever when he calls so can’t be surprised when Bryan cuts him off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hearing John go from amenable babbler to blasting out he was gonna beat Bryan's rear end really was quite incredible though :allears:

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Loved Bryan prouncing FRANKLIN PIERCE as if he was the new member of Retribution.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

It’s not even that weird a name, not sure why he fixated on it so much like it was the second coming of The Great Fouler

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I loved Franklin chat

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Price Check posted:

Loved Bryan prouncing FRANKLIN PIERCE as if he was the new member of Retribution.

Which president name would Bryan pronounce funniest?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Senerio posted:

Grover Cleve-LAND

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Senerio posted:

Millard...FILL-more?!

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Calvin COOL-EDGE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Henry TAFT

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Price Check posted:

Also, out of Franklin Pierce, Craig Proper, Bryan Alvarez and Vincent Verhei, Franklin is not the weird name.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Rutherford B Hayes c’mon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A BRA HAM LIN CON???

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Senerio posted:

Trump because him being president is funnier than any pronunciation.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

Henry TAFT

That's William...HowARD...TAFT?!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
John QUINCY A-DAMS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011