Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
izutsumi hesitating to run away and leave everyone behind is so precious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

also yeah feels like more and more we are heading into a marcille dungeon master swerve

Her desire to resurrect old magic seems more exploitable as the lord of the dungeon tbh.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i flunked out posted:

Her desire to resurrect old magic seems more exploitable as the lord of the dungeon tbh.

Oh, definitely. Laios is the party leader and a really trusting, naive guy, and that plus him being the most pro-monster of the group make him the obvious choice for who the Winged Lion would appear to in order to get the group where he wants, but between her already knowing a lot of magic that would benefit her in the role and her dream being far grander in scope than his, Marcille is much, much more desirable as an actual host. No one else's wishes even come close, and after Thistle I imagine the Winged Lion isn't going to be satisfied with anything mundane.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It means she is going to live forever with Falin. Nothing bad is going to happen :) :) :')
marcille... stay safe :sob emoji:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dungeon guide 5-11 https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JOTPX/5/1/

7+ are unfortunately much shorter since they're side characters.

So Maizuru wasn't actually the one who turned Izutsumi into a cat.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 2, 2021

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I like how Chilchuk was originally seen as this impish greedy thief, but over time you learn that he is just a dad with dad priorities.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Donkringel posted:

I like how Chilchuk was originally seen as this impish greedy thief, but over time you learn that he is just a dad with dad priorities.

Don't forget labor organizer and halfling rights advocate.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

So Maizuru wasn't actually the one who turned Izutsumi into a cat.

We've known that from the jump I'm pretty sure.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

The reveal of the actual curse Izutsumi has from Maizuru is incredible. I need a comic of Shuro being traumatized by it as a kid.

Inutade is so cute. I hope you get to see Izutsumi again too!

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
I would love a chill manga about Falin the undertaker.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Donkringel posted:

Izutsumi is like a little kid with Chilchuk too when they tell her story of trying to find a good place to sleep, complete with feet in the face of dad.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Giant Metal Robot posted:

I would love a chill manga about Falin the undertaker.

I'm picturing something kind of like Mushishi, except with various spirits instead of with weird paranormal wildlife.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Donkringel posted:

Chichuk is also a Union guy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
drat hien forget that dork and end up with benichidori
also lmao @ the nature of maizuru and shuro's fathers relationship

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Kanos posted:

I'm picturing something kind of like Mushishi, except with various spirits instead of with weird paranormal wildlife.

Perfect. It would combine some of the best parts of Kui Ryoko's oneshot volumes and her world building in Dungeon Meshi.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

drat hien forget that dork and end up with benichidori
Shouldn't be too difficult for her, after all she totally doesn't have feelings for him, absolutely not, really!
I hope the ninjas get a spin-off manga at some point.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Especially the way they actually act like a middle-aged couple who've been together for probably more than a decade :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

That's nobility for you.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I was pretty ambivalent about the ninja girls, and Shiro's group in general, but these Dungeon guides have convinced me that they are all extremely strong. :3:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Mangadex is down and I want to catch up on this. Where do I read this?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
This is the homepage of the scan group, you can get the chapters there.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Mangadex is down and I want to catch up on this. Where do I read this?

has there been any word on when it's going back up? hasn't it been like 3 or 4 weeks since it went down?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Anora posted:

has there been any word on when it's going back up? hasn't it been like 3 or 4 weeks since it went down?

They've been giving updates on the situation since they went down on the site itself. They've just now put the public API in a read-only mode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Anora posted:

You can follow updates on their twitter and discord. They are building the new website from scratch and are gonna be doing security testing on it soon.

https://mangadex.org/index.html

quote:

May 6th, 2021

MangaDex v5's MVP API open beta is now live to the public for testing. The API is currently in a read-only state while the frontend is unfinished. Creating/editing/deleting functionalities will be re-enabled in the future. The point of this public beta is to allow people to familiarize themselves with the API and let us know if there's anything we've missed that needs to be fixed, changed, or added in.

API Documentation: here

What's in the API:

Users and Follows/Custom Lists
Manga and Chapter feeds
Groups and Authors
Searching for Manga
And more
(You can read chapters through the API right now, Tachiyomi soonTM...)
(covers are missing)
We understand that some may be frustrated by the lack of complete functionality at this point in time, but it is important to make sure that we build for the future and not for gratification in the present. While we are monitoring the public beta for ways to improve the API and our infrastructure, work will proceed with the front end. We will not be giving an estimated release date at this time, only to say that all front end developers are singularly devoted to reading their manga as quickly as possible!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dungeon guide 12-14

Poor Namari

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
And none of it is even remotely her fault. I hope she ends up finding some huge treasure when the dungeon is inevitably upended by the unfolding events.

Yarn's outfit on the character sheet is amazing, by the way. The kindliest necromancer.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The Flokes seem quite sweet.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

I Am Fowl posted:

The Flokes seem quite sweet.
Mrs. Floke and Kaka both like creamy chicken stew.

Little Kaka develops a complex (from Daydream Hour 2):

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, the touch with the creamy chicken stew was something I thought was particularly cute.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Mr. Floke fits neatly into the "very grumpy but kind-hearted" character archetype I absolutely love.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i liked the bit about their feelings on oysters. you get the feeling that little detail has come up plenty of times in their household

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i liked the bit about their feelings on oysters. you get the feeling that little detail has come up plenty of times in their household
It's wonderful how many details about the characters' relationships with each other are crammed into these few textboxes and panels. I'm already looking forward to the rest of the Canaries.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Here's this month's chapter!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeeep, so Marcille did summon a demon and became the lord of the dungeon as expected, although the path there was a bit more circuitous. Well poo poo.

Also pour one for poor Kabru, just standing there, suffering, for like third chapter in a row. :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Aw no.
No no no.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh poo poo oh no oh gently caress oh no :ohdear:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Insane how quickly but smoothly the last handful of chapters switched the focus from Laius to Marcille, and ramped up the tension so quickly from "no... she wouldn't" to "would she? :ohdear:" to "please don't let her do it" to "oh poo poo oh no no no". This poo poo's happening, the absolute dread as those wings unfolded, jeepers creepers

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Laughing my head off at how the Canaries' hyper-competence simply can't keep up with the powerful dumbass energy of the Dungeon crew.

edit:

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 14, 2021

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're hyper-competent adventurers, not diplomats. It seems their negotiation strategy basically amounts to "No, you wouldn't stab us, because then you'd be in even MORE trouble."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The canary's reaction to the winged lion makes me think something is different about it than other demons. Maybe it's a higher ranked one or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Marcille needs to read more detective stories, as soon as the canaries were all friendly and started casually asking for specific details she should've known the jig was up.