Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Finkelstein isn't actually advocating for a no-state solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

one state solution: reset to Turkish imperial rule, try again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

United Kingdom of London and Wales in 2045: ok THIS TIME we’re going to partition correctly!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

20 Blunts posted:

Do IDF just stand around and take pictures of each other all day when not murdering civilians? Every time you hear about someone from the IDF in any context there's always a well posed picture of them in their army man gear.

they graduate high school right into the idf so yeah

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Death to Israel imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Finkelstein isn't actually advocating for a no-state solution.

I like Finkelstein a lot but I don't see any way the 2 state solution doesn't end in a similar disaster to what we're seeing now and I don't know why he advocates for it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

I like Finkelstein a lot but I don't see any way the 2 state solution doesn't end in a similar disaster to what we're seeing now and I don't know why he advocates for it.

What's the "similar disaster" that you're imagining?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Theyd die if they entered Gaza.

in that case i hope they all enter gaza

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i figured out how to spread my rear end like goatse today, everyone

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Just beat a game of Civ VI as (a modded) Palestine. Am doing my part!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What's the "similar disaster" that you're imagining?

Israel completely controlling all the natural resources and lives of people who live next to them in a state called Palestine as opposed to people who live in occupied areas. Lebanon is supposed to be an autonomos country and israel still kills people there with impunity.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

United Kingdom of London and Wales in 2045: ok THIS TIME we’re going to partition correctly!

Bold of you to assume the UK will ever again win a war.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goatse.il

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

Israel completely controlling all the natural resources and lives of people who live next to them in a state called Palestine as opposed to people who live in occupied areas. Lebanon is supposed to be a autonomos country and israel still kills people there with impunity.

Right, so the only real solution is to go to war with Israel and destroy it.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

hobbesmaster posted:

one state solution: reset to Persian imperial rule, try again

ftfy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Who is going to do that? I don't see that being possible.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Probably the only way to get me to enlist in my country's military

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they need to get with the times and make IDF man a superhero

mcmagic posted:

Who is going to do that? I don't see that being possible.

Which brings us back to Square 1, which is Finkelstein's point.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Bold of you to assume the UK will ever again win a war.

just have to be on the winning side and have their allies say “not it”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

or roman or greek

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they need to get with the times and make IDF man a superhero

Which brings us back to Square 1, which is Finkelstein's point.

If everyone in the occupied territories was able to vote in israeli elections that would pretty much be equivalent to israel ceasing to exist as we know it today. Not saying that is a LIKELY outcome but it seems more likely than Israel being destroyed by a war.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

a free Cornwall for you and me

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

If everyone in the occupied territories was able to vote in israeli elections that would pretty much be equivalent to israel ceasing to exist as we know it today. Not saying that is a LIKELY outcome but it seems more likely than Israel being destroyed by a war.

If everyone in occupied Europe was able to vote it'd be equivalent to the 3rd Reich ceasing to exist, but it would not get rid of the Nazis. What I'm having trouble understanding is why anybody thinks it's a viable solution to make Palestinians live with Kahanists?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

the only way they would ever allow their oppressed equal representation is if they were forced to as a concession after losing a war

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i mean at a certain point we have to admit that american foreign policy is a blind idiot god unconcerned with petty public opinion or morality and basically all we can do is post

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If everyone in occupied Europe was able to vote it'd be equivalent to the 3rd Reich ceasing to exist, but it would not get rid of the Nazis. What I'm having trouble understanding is why anybody thinks it's a viable solution to make Palestinians live with Kahanists?

I mean live in new jersey and I need to live with nazis and chuds down the street. You just hope to minimize their political power as much as possible.

Shima Honnou posted:

the only way they would ever allow their oppressed equal representation is if they were forced to as a concession after losing a war

Maybe losing most of their foreign support would do it. They can't just self sustain.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It should go without saying that destroying an entire village as a strategy of counter-insurgency is literal Nazi doctrine.

that's also US and European colonial doctrine. Don't let the Nazis take all the credit!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

I mean live in new jersey and I need to live with nazis and chuds down the street. You just hope to minimize their political power as much as possible.

I have a neighbor with molon labe stickers on his truck too, but that's not 40% of the neighborhood and none of them are obsessed with the fact I'm a communist or something.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Maybe losing most of their foreign support would do it. They can't just self sustain.

if america collapsed entirely then yes israel would also collapse since we are the only thing holding it up

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
our lovely country has been handing them a free 3 billion dollars per year to steal rape and murder since at least 2001

death to america death to israel

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dudes Rock
https://twitter.com/byuergvan/status/1393228176365608968?s=20

idk if they actually managed to get into the West Bank, but they're trying. Same from the Lebanese border as well.

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1393250253030236161?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

if america collapsed entirely then yes israel would also collapse since we are the only thing holding it up

They wouldn't lose a war unless they lost american support either so I think we are saying similar things heh.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

rip in piss bitch

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Rah! posted:

rip in piss bitch

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

death to all nazis

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

West Bank is still rising up
https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1393249342887272448?s=20

Person killed on the Lebanese border was a Hezbollah reservist. Which isn't that surprising since I assume a lot of young men are Hezbollah reservists in South Lebanon.
https://twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1393255592576360452?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/birnbaum_e/status/1393258700635316229?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah until/when/if the US ever stops supporting israel is basically all that matters it seems like, european countries and others aren't going to do poo poo against israel without US support.

Yeah FB really should ban all the IDF accounts.