Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

am I misreading that mcmagic post or is everybody else

e: dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

romanowski posted:

i think we all are because i think he's saying DTI but in a weirdly phrased way, but i'm rolling with it because DTI

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

romanowski posted:

i think there was a severe breakdown in reading comprehension somewhere along the way

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

smarxist posted:

i think we all are because i think he's saying DTI but in a weirdly phrased way, but i'm rolling with it because DTI

too late to turn back now just go with it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

romanowski posted:

Mcmagic's post is an incredibly lib thing to say.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I used to think that Israel worried that if they went too far even the United States would eventually denounce them and that this fear was the only reason we have yet to see Nazi style death camps with gas chambers and crematoriums. But now i see that Israel was irrational in thinking there was ever a red line of atrocities they needed to be afraid of overstepping. Even if they did do an open, documented and admitted genocide Joe Biden would still call on both sides to negotiate.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the reality is that the moral and legal institutions around war crimes - indeed the concept of war crime itself - is a propagandist's illusion erected by whichever reigning power has dominance within their own particular realm of influence, and if there was no better evidence of that prior then the moment we are in living is nothing short of damning proof. unapproachable and unthinkable acts of violence for any given government become quite palatable so long they further its material and imperial interests

don't think that's why some people are mad at mcmagic, however

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ZRYg-fAgg

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

romanowski posted:

he’s saying israel is committing war crimes then got dog piled lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

its pretty funny

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Der Meister posted:

he’s saying Israel is committing war crimes then got dog piled, lol

McMagic is a broke-brained lib most of the time, so it's hard to gauge.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Homeless Friend posted:

goddamn hamas spent a whole 2/3 a whiskeyjuvenile
lol what

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVJYmRvvKQ

Even finklestein seems to be moving away from the two state solution rhetoric. He says that all previous assumptions have come into question.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

whiskeyjuvenille succzone maid man (no longer post :rip:) rakes in like 400k

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Israel and the IDF are child-murdering, war crime committing, white phosphorus using rapist shitheads who perpetuate apartheid colonialism and ethnic cleansing. They are terrorists, and Hamas is defending Palestine. The IDF started this latest round of conflicts by shooting Palestinians praying during Ramadan of all times at Al-Aqsa with rubber bullets and tear gas. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who defends Israel, is a piece of sub-human trash. Doubly so for anybody who gives Israel money, as they are complicit in their war crimes.

In short: gently caress you, you disingenuous, child murdering-loving piece of trash. gently caress Israel, gently caress the IDF, and gently caress anybody who supports them.

Seriously what the gently caress..... I'm not defending or supporting israel. Why is everyone such a dick for no reason?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Mcmagic's post is an incredibly lib thing to say.

yeah pretty much, its correct but only the most delusional and naive would think it matters

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Seriously what the gently caress..... I'm not defending or supporting israel. Why is everyone such a dick for no reason?
i think they're just angry and confused

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

people have really really hard times with reading comprehension but not such a hard time with getting mad online for no reason

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I apologize. I’m a bit triggered because Israel is murdering children in refugee camps and I misread your post. Still, DTI.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is good. i'm glad we can be patient with each other while remembering to stay true to our mission

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

the word "war crime" is an appeal to an authority that does not exist. it's worth calling out.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Look at all the harm joe bidens reducing!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

the word "war crime" is an appeal to an authority that does not exist. it's worth calling out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZ9oFhaXd8

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Baudolino posted:

I used to think that Israel worried that if they went too far even the United States would eventually denounce them and that this fear was the only reason we have yet to see Nazi style death camps with gas chambers and crematoriums. But now i see that Israel was irrational in thinking there was ever a red line of atrocities they needed to be afraid of overstepping. Even if they did do an open, documented and admitted genocide Joe Biden would still call on both sides to negotiate.

im pretty sure any consequences that actually come to israel will come in the form of pissing off muslims and arabs in general with their blatant and open war crimes, which is probably starting now that there's massive streams of pissed off people breaking down the fences from both lebanon and jordan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/RamAbdu/status/1392829156182962177

Run run run you settler pieces of poo poo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

im pretty sure any consequences that actually come to israel will come in the form of pissing off muslims and arabs in general with their blatant and open war crimes, which is probably starting now that there's massive streams of pissed off people breaking down the fences from both lebanon and jordan

careful now, calling things war crimes is a controversial appeal to authority

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
here's an authority i appeal to: hamas. dti.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mcmagic posted:

we all need therapy

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Look at all the ham joe bidens reducing!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Look at all the harm joe bidens reducing!

no one is gonna fall off any of those apartment buildings

ty joe

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1393368685461528576?s=20
50 seconds in is right before the rocket hits

Also, get your brain right before looking at what the pundits are saying. RIP Jamal Kashoggi, he'd be here too if he wasn't chopped up.
https://twitter.com/kampeas/status/1393381858591838208?s=20

quote:

Ron Kampeas is JTA's Washington bureau chief. rkampeas@jta.org RT="People who follow a JTA reporter might find this interesting/amusing, nothing more."

https://twitter.com/Ibishblog/status/1393335999959285761?s=20

quote:

Senior Resident Scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington - @GulfStatesInst, weekly columnist for @bopinion & @TheNationalNews, etc.

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/1393340037677342720?s=20

quote:

Senior writer, @tabletmag. Teller of stories, troller of Nazis. Politics, religion, culture. Newsletter: http://yair.substack.com Music: http://spoti.fi/3gcoPo5

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I truly, and honestly despise with the bottom of my cold and blackened heart, the excuse Israel defenders give when confronted with the IDFs war crimes.

“Why did Hamas do $x around civilians when they knew Israel would retaliate?”

LIKE ISRAEL HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BOMB INNOCENT CIVILIANS, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

So I guess I never looked into it, but what is the US’ strategic goal in such unconditional support for Israel? Just so we can have a friendly place to park military bases? So stir up the Muslims and give them a target that isn’t US forces? Or we just felt bad for opposing the Nazis and wanted another genocidal regime to support to help make up for it?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Israel has a bunch of white people in it, the USA loves white people.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

So I guess I never looked into it, but what is the US’ strategic goal in such unconditional support for Israel? Just so we can have a friendly place to park military bases? So stir up the Muslims and give them a target that isn’t US forces? Or we just felt bad for opposing the Nazis and wanted another genocidal regime to support to help make up for it?
i think the most important thing is economic as there is a lot of interlinking between the U.S. and israeli economies in terms of tech, biotech, pharma and the military-industrial complex.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Didn't some carter admin guy say it was important to keep the mideast in turmoil because it's the nexus of Africa, Asia, and Europe

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

romanowski posted:

He's trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
still lol at this