Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

FirstAidKite posted:

Excuse me, his name was "The Funniest"

Just "The".

Funniest is his middle name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just remembered the time when Gyro fought Chocolate Disco and Gyro was so incredibly done with this poo poo that he just destroyed the guy instead of having a full on fight with him.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Chocolate Disco is such a weird fight. It comes out of nowhere and ends just as quickly, and the story doesn't even bother to give you any information about the guy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A real Arabia Fats/Kenny G moment there

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Speaking of Arabia Fats. They could have recruited him and just made him use his stand when DIO was around. DIO turns to dust, bing bong

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgrrlnSiOIQ

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those scene transitions are amazing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

New volume cover

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The teddy bear arms are still one of the most ridiculous Jojo clothing choices.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RatHat posted:

The teddy bear arms are still one of the most ridiculous Jojo clothing choices.

Just barely beating Aisho's sweater scarf

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I need to do a reread because I forget what was said in regard to Teddy vs Robut favoritism

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Araki chooses the colors for the volume art right? The color choices on the volumes have been consistently excellent. The artwork always emits so much energy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not a big fan of the character or stand but that volume art is premium stuff

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder which came first, the swirls on his jacket or the ones in his hair?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ethiser posted:

I wonder which came first, the swirls on his jacket or the ones in his hair?

The hair swirls, according to chapter 99

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

where chapter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Here, in around two hours

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

The hair swirls, according to chapter 99

Thank you for answering my deep lore question.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/hjEUj37/

Pretty decent chapter!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
lol
Space Trucking

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Holy poo poo, a chapter that actually moves the plot on by a good deal.

So her stand is named Space Trucking, and Tooru has been taken care of because he just got baited into doing an equivalent exchange with Tsurugi. Kaato loving rules.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 18, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm always wrong about where the story is going and that's beautiful

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hqG-29NTSU

beautiful

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love that after so many chapters of our heroes trying to work around Wonder of U's rules.

Kaato just comes out and basically disregards them I love her and Space Trucking

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Huge spoilers

"Inca no mezame potatoes". You deep fry them straight into cooking oil without any batter. You don't boil the inca no mezames... once the deep frying is done, you toss them into a stew. You peel and cut that variety of potatoes, that is the recipe I use when I make cream stew. I've been living at an apartment I rented nearby, so I brought a full pot of cream stew I made over.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

overmind2000 posted:

Huge spoilers

"Inca no mezame potatoes". You deep fry them straight into cooking oil without any batter. You don't boil the inca no mezames... once the deep frying is done, you toss them into a stew. You peel and cut that variety of potatoes, that is the recipe I use when I make cream stew. I've been living at an apartment I rented nearby, so I brought a full pot of cream stew I made over.

That was an extremely jojo moment. Just a grandma in a bikini walking up to some dude bleeding out on the floor, telling him her potato recipe.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Alright. I got disappointed by ice bike lady's return.

But not by this one. Holy poo poo. I love everything about this

Rule-lawyering Wonder of U because she's technically not harming Tooru

Chucking my petrified grandson at the idiot loaded up on magical exchange fruit juice

The statement "It goes without saying that your family's prosperity outweighs ethics"

But, in some weird way, my favorite one is kinda another magnificent way of jamming "king" into a stand name :allears:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Kaato just wrecking Tooru in one move has a lot of the same energy as when Hato stomped all over Damo

I love it

Also I was really terrified that Araki brought Kaato back just to kill her off like Nijimura, so glad it didn't happen

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are we expecting from Wonder of U + Paper Moon King

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Honestly I was expecting her to throw Jobin into Tooru, but Tsurugi is much better. He's kind of been built up as a weird pseudo villain, so I'm hoping him + Tooru along with Kaato wind up somehow being the final big bads to fight. Although not sure WHY they would fight Josuke and the gang at this point, but it'd be rad and that's all that matters.

Unless Jojolion is wrapping up and this is like, the end now. Tsurugi gets "cured" to end the Higashikata curse, all the rock dudes are dead, I think the only remaining loose end is Josuke's mom? Kaato could just go "oh yeah here's part of the plant I hid between my cards, use it to fix up your momma" and then we're gucci, I think? Hope not, but I could see it happening.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Tooru getting crushed when the rock disease folds him up like origami

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nat King Cole and Elvis both sang Love Me Tender

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
...what happened to Jobin? The last thing I remember was him Speed Kinging Norisuke

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

goblin week posted:

...what happened to Jobin? The last thing I remember was him Speed Kinging Norisuke

He tried to punch Wonder of U and got terminally-owned by a can of WD-40

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

How does Araki make those huge landscape 'shots'? That must take forever. Is there some kind of cheat behind that?

Loved the new chapter.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

He tried to "pursue" Wonder of U and got "hit" by a catastrophe

FTFY

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kart Barfunkel posted:

How does Araki make those huge landscape 'shots'? That must take forever. Is there some kind of cheat behind that?

Loved the new chapter.
The man himself already told us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crzE-zIf4A4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Loved the new chapter.

Assistants often do backgrounds, and sometimes backgrounds are "mangafied" photos, for want of a better term.

One example of that in JoJolion is during the Damo fight, where the door handle is obviously a photo that has been edited to look drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also, all the Higashikata males are fuckin losers.