Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

This is called trap neuter and return, but it’s usually only done with cat colonies

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

oh nextdoor.

when i briefly was on it in like 2014 there was one dude who would go on these massive unhinged sincerely off-meds-sounding rants about the global conspiracy and how it related to the local botanical gardens requiring you to show ID to prove county residency and have the admission fee waived

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Any Body Know?

Where I can buy some tomato plants (good ones!) to plant?

Please do not say The Auction Barn because I went there and it was a MESS. Even though our state no longer mandates masks I was told "Put a mask on... PLEASE!" no thank you. Then I find tomotoes, but ask "Okay, which do I buy?" there were so many! Nobody helped, I was left alone. I finally bought what "looked good" and was told they were one dollar each. Very expensive.

I planted the tomatoes right before the last frost, which killed them all. Asked for refund and was told "No refunds on plants" and they pointed at a sign. THAT SIGN WAS NOT THERE BEFORE, THEY PUT IT UP BECAUSE OF THIS.

This was as terrible as those Progressive Insurance Commercials. Helloooo, many young people should want to turn into their parents - It's called "Growing up!"

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was as terrible as those Progressive Insurance Commercials. Helloooo, many young people should want to turn into their parents - It's called "Growing up!"

Lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

FYI this is 100% a real quote from someone in my neighborhood, left for no reason at all. They also announced that they were "tweeting it at Progressive".

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
My wife saw some asking about the sirens constantly going off for several days without break.

People telling them, "It's Cicadas"

Them not believing it.

More people saying, "It's Cicadas"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A Fancy Hat posted:

FYI this is 100% a real quote from someone in my neighborhood, left for no reason at all. They also announced that they were "tweeting it at Progressive".

incredible

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

"Did anyone else hear gunshots at 6:45? I'm virtually sure they were in my yard."

They were not, Kent, they were across the hill in Townsville. The police updated their post about it.

"No they were in my yard!"

Okay, Kent.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How the gently caress do you get Arabic from those characters

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Ravenfood posted:

How the gently caress do you get Arabic from those characters

The thread has now gotten the poster to reveal that the daughter “has suspicions” and that this has “been going on a long time”. No further notes or explanations have been forthcoming.

Someone just posted this gem:
“Men who watch women and their coming and going of places use these codes so the next intruder knows whether they are alone, do live they live alone, what time
They come home etc… it’s a code they use if a girl/women is the one they want. This is how the communicate. These codes are known to be written on trash bins typically.” (Edited)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hobo code has really gotten out of hand, you guys.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Nextdoor was great when covid started. They told me when I should put out my trash.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MrQueasy posted:

The thread has now gotten the poster to reveal that the daughter “has suspicions” and that this has “been going on a long time”. No further notes or explanations have been forthcoming.

“Men who watch women and their coming and going of places use these codes so the next intruder knows whether they are alone, do live they live alone, what time
They come home etc… it’s a code they use if a girl/women is the one they want. This is how the communicate. These codes are known to be written on trash bins typically.” (Edited)

Wouldn't a stalker want to signal "back off this one is mine"? Why would he want to help the competition?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Lol, this dude has been gangstalked

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

Definitely start inquiring how this person knows so much about this topic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wouldn't a stalker want to signal "back off this one is mine"? Why would he want to help the competition?

Also, why on earth would they want to let the victim know about any of this lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd feel compelled to ask both of those questions (the 'why would they want competition' and 'why would they inform the victim'), as well as what 'reports of strange men' they're referring to, and provide sources for this and NOT STOP until they left or tried to fully explain it further.
Either they knock off the bullshit, or they out themselves as the actual crazy person in the neighborhood. Otherwise you're just letting that poo poo fester and possibly spread to others who read it and just go "Oh hmm maybe"

It's one thing when Crazy Bill wants to know why his phone keeps ringing or the birds are so drat loud. It's another when he's telling his neighbors that strange men are coming to town to stalk their children. People start doing stupid things when people tell them that poo poo.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 27, 2021

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

DrPossum posted:

be the change you want to see

That is the change I wanted to see

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Beef City posted:

I'd feel compelled to ask both of those questions (the 'why would they want competition' and 'why would they inform the victim'), as well as what 'reports of strange men' they're referring to, and provide sources for this and NOT STOP until they left or tried to fully explain it further.
Either they knock off the bullshit, or they out themselves as the actual crazy person in the neighborhood. Otherwise you're just letting that poo poo fester and possibly spread to others who read it and just go "Oh hmm maybe"

It's one thing when Crazy Bill wants to know why his phone keeps ringing or the birds are so drat loud. It's another when he's telling his neighbors that strange men are coming to town to stalk their children. People start doing stupid things when people tell them that poo poo.

There's nothing so crazy you can say that wouldn't make some people think "wow this dude knows what he's talking about". People in the suburbs are loving daffy ime

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My Nextdoor lately has been an awful lot of rednecks telling other people to buy guns because crime is apparently just running rampant under our Democrat governor.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Have you ever wondered why there are these strange numbers on every house on most streets and they are always sequential and start with 1 and even on one side and odd on the other? Who is putting them there? Is it pedophiles who want to abduct, rape and murder children and wear their skin like a vest and eat their organs and bath in their blood? What has the world come to that we now have to worry about something like this happening all the time?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Perfectly Good Garden Hoses

quote:

When I was about 10, we went to the local video rental store, Video Village, to rent a movie and to return instructions for a video game (Battle Toads), which we'd lost weeks earlier and had incurred a fine.

I asked about a refund of the fine and was rebuffed by the cashier. My younger brother, who was about 8, took umbrage at this and replied with a loud "well, UP YOURS!"

I grabbed his arm and rushed out of the store like a fire had broken out. The thing is, my mom was waiting in the pickup truck for us to finish the errand. Much to everyone's dismay, the cashier followed us out and really laid into us through the open window, retelling the exchange to my mom, while I sat next to her in a tightly packed row of three in the Ford truck, wishing I'd just walked over myself.

When we got home, the rest of the family heard what happened and my very sweet Irish mother said "I thought it meant 'up your nose with a rubber hose.' "

So, to wrap it up, I think this is what she pictured and my brother faced no real consequences.

Pick up at the curb.

(photo of garden hoses attached)

quote:

These are taken, thanks.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Florida

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sjs00 posted:

Florida

Yeah, gently caress that.

Cons of living in Florida:
Prehistoric lizards wandering around
Everyone is Floridaman/Floridawoman
Non-stop year-round humidity
Is actively sinking into the ocean
Sink holes

Pros of living in Florida:
:shrug:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ever since I spent time living down there I've wondered

"Why in God's name would anyone willingly come here before the invention of air conditioning. No human should live like this even WITH it."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Alligators are cool tho

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Please don't imply that there's absolutely nothing cool in Florida.
Follow the dredge crews around and go on archeological digs sharks teeth
I can really easily get distilled weed from Oregon here
Uhhh fishing? I lived through winter in SC recently and would not want to do that again because goonliness. At least the heat is bearable with the ocean and always will be.

landlocked Florida is poo poo tho

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't care

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ron Disantis is a murderer criminal and runs Florida.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Ron Disantis is a murderer criminal and runs Florida.

Who did he kill other than thousands of his voters

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I wish we had elected the gay cocaine governor.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zero One posted:

I wish we had elected the gay cocaine governor.

Crist was governor tho hahahaha

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who did he kill other than thousands of his voters

Oh nevermind. I was just including his voters. Whoops. :shrug:

Although the moment a protester gets run over he'll have blood on his hands for that since he literally made it legal to run over and kill protesters.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Big Beef City posted:

Ever since I spent time living down there I've wondered

"Why in God's name would anyone willingly come here before the invention of air conditioning. No human should live like this even WITH it."

didnt one of the first european expeditions into florida come back basically saying "there's nothing here but swamp and malaria"

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
taking a look at my area to see if it's as wild as the stuff you all post...

losing my mind giggling by just picturing this Johnny Francois character. I'm picturing the most stereotypical cartoon caricature of a French man. Maybe a scummy theif that pretends to be a fancy Montessori teacher to get into your house and only your child is onto him? Hinijks ensure as your child outsmarts his montessori teacher/French conman. Hollywood get at me.

I was also amused by this thinking Plogging was some new wild exercise fad, like a really specific form of speed walking where you have to lift your knees JUST RIGHT, but it turns out it's just jogging while picking up litter :unsmith:

Finally we have this nosy motherfucker that needs to mind their own business and let book guy read his drat book.

All the other posts are requests to ID birds and snakes, people finding animals and asking "anyone lose a dog/cat/rabbit/parrot" (way too many exotic pets that were def just abandoned for being trouble :smith:) and a looooot of "did you hear that?"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
GUNFIRE NO DOUBT. There’s no doubt in my mind that was absolutely gunfire

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Kitty Sitting. Hello,

I am going on a trip for six nights starting Wednesday or Thursday (tbd) and I need someone to check in on my cats once a day. I have three grown cats (two of them you will probably never see cause they hide)

I live in Rook Lane and they need to be fed, water check and litter box changed daily. Can anyone recommend someone trustworthy?

Thank you!!

the syntax and bolding is all theirs
and the comments is full of posters offering to sit the cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Sittin' on my Porch - Come Say HI!

Do you remember "back in the day" you would sit on your porch, people would come by and say hi (and SMILE!). Sad, now a days everybody has their nose in an electronic game or is too busy to say hi. Well, now I am sitting on the porch, ready for you to come say HI. Let's take things back to the "good old days", when people did not steal your social security number through email and use it to buy a boat in China and you are then forced to spend "Hours and Hours" on the phone with the bank, arguing that you don't even live in China, you live in the Greatest country in the world, where people talk to Guys on Porches!