Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
The only thing I give lorenzo credit for is ending those dumb post race victory celebrations by almost drowning himself. Who knew jumping into a pond in full racing gear was a dumb idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Slavvy posted:

Hey there's a superbike round this weekend if anyone cares.

My predictions: rae will win, Redding will complain about the tyres or have an altercation with someone, the Yamahas will furiously battle for third.

Close, but luckily no one actually knows the result because WSBK is so astronomically boring now - even in the miraculous event of someone other than Rea winning.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Scott Redding with the big brain move? Will wonders never cease.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
There was some actual racing in WSBK this weekend, though it was generally behind whoever was way out front. Slavvy got it, Race1 was Redding bitching about wrong tire choice and was ready to fight someone though he made the decision. Race two as someone mentioned Redding gambled and finally got it right, everyone behind Redding on intermediate tires there was some actual racing going on.

and as usual the supersport300 class was just a mess and hilarious to watch.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Race 2 was actually a decent watch I gotta say.

It's annoying that Redding is the only guy there who hasn't accepted his lot is finishing second behind rae, and therefore the only conceivable title challenger. You can see his frustration, not just at his own situation but also at the fact that there's half a dozen dudes on bikes that can win who are basically not taking it seriously enough and just thinking about the result in front of them. The organizers try to fix it by loving with rev limits etc but the real problem is the level of riders and teams just isn't up to scratch, JR operates like a GP rider and Redding is the only one that seems to even be aware of this.

Also lol @ Ducati and their fabulous decision to kick Davies in favor of Rinaldi. Good work lads.

And finally: Garrett gerloff is like an american zarco and I hope he can start doing some real damage next year.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

oh god marquez on a slick track, oh god noooooo

maybe he'll play it safe and not crash on his hosed up shoulde- oohhhh whoops

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

honest question who has pramac been running instead of martin? i can't remember seeing any pramac that wasn't zarco

ed: oh i guess they're running pirro this week at least. the colors on screen didn't make that very clear at all dorna.

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 28, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

maverick got dumped out of q2 at the last moment after smashing up his bike should be a fun quali.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

honest question who has pramac been running instead of martin? i can't remember seeing any pramac that wasn't zarco

ed: oh i guess they're running pirro this week at least. the colors on screen didn't make that very clear at all dorna.

It was tito, that is a normal reaction to tito being on track

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
haha Binales is such a weak hand

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ROFLBOT posted:

haha Binales is such a weak hand

he was pissy going into it and didn't look calm once no surprise he hosed it when marc pushed him

the draft being so powerful here an aprilia nearly got on the front row was hilarious. love mugello every time

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Lol that Maverick was so slow Marc could follow him and break his brain. He tried the same thing with Binder and got dropped by almost a second.

E: superbike mostly boring, although the kawasaki not being able to pass the R1 on a huge straight while firmly in the draft is surprising. Estoril is one of the few tracks that has a 5th gear corner and they film it so flat and zoomed out, they should put a bit more effort into camera placement to help convey some speed from one of the speediest corners in the championship.

BitcoinRockefeller fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 29, 2021

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
i mean imagine being a Binales fan

There’s just the right sprinkling of hope and random strong performances to keep you sucked in
Forcing you to keep on saying “next Sunday will be the one” while you cut yourself

At least Rossi gives his fans peace in the knowing that he will be consistently crap

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Commentators every Saturday: binales has the pace to win this

Commentators every Sunday: what's happened to binales he's languishing down in fifteenth

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to tonight. I reckon it has a good shot at being a Nutty Old Race.

Slavvy posted:

Commentators every Saturday: binales has the pace to win this

Commentators every Sunday: what's happened to binales he's languishing down in fifteenth

lmao

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

What is the best motorsport in 2021 and why is it Moto3?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sad news about Dupasquier. I had a bit of hope when they showed a replay of the crash yesterday but it didnt look good.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

echomadman posted:

Sad news about Dupasquier. I had a bit of hope when they showed a replay of the crash yesterday but it didnt look good.

Exactly this, a great shame that we had to witness another accident similar to Simoncelli's (just hard to watch). Was particularly weird that for a little while they kept showing it on replay from different angles when you could clearly deduce something's gone incredibly wrong.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the cameras swarming around it really pissed off simon he ranted about it on twitter

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
RIP Jason Dupasquier

Motorcycle racing is a dangerous sport, and the best I can say is that incidents like this will hopefully always be freak accidents.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Remy Gardner hell yeah.

Good ride for Joe Roberts too.

edit: lol Roberts lost 3rd

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 30, 2021

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sickener

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Huge me in MotoGP 21 moment in the warmup lap.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

What an utterly bizarre beginning to this race... Don't even know where to start. :raise:

Also, FFS Pecco!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

not a single ducati on the podium lol christ. I thought bastianini was mav at first until I saw the helmet.
edit: even the commentary team have massively soured on rins this season

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 30, 2021

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Rins is the new Crutchlow, fast enough to win but utterly unreliable. What a terrible race he had. Nevermind the crash, him fighting so hard to hold off Mir when Mir could actually pass the Ducatis, and probably pass in such a way he sets up Rins for his own pass, was dumb as hell and probably cost him this ride and a shot at another factory ride too.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bagnaia collapsing as predicted, zarco top Ducati as expected, Miller plugging away instead of crashing thankfully.

Championship isn't over yet but it's looking pretty blue ATM.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
RIP

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Honda Repsol? More like Lol Espargaro

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
I know there are some WSBK fans here, and I wish I could count myself amongst them, but a tree fell in a WSBK forest and no one noticed because it was still boring. Especially on a MotoGP race weekend.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Anyway, that is how a Moto3 race is supposed to go.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Redvenom posted:

I know there are some WSBK fans here, and I wish I could count myself amongst them, but a tree fell in a WSBK forest and no one noticed because it was still boring. Especially on a MotoGP race weekend.

Having not yet watched sbk weekend #2, I'm going to assume that:

Rea wins at least one race
Redding complains about tyres
Yamahas battle furiously for third

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal
What's the deal with Rins? The guy seems to be super sharp each race, right up until he crashes for no obvious reason.

Moto3 was preposterous as always, but in a way that was incredibly fun for me without someone who I'm very dedicated to as a fan. That start/finish straight away acted like an etch-a-sketch, just shake it up and you've got a new leaderboard each lap. Super fun to watch, but it must be incredibly frustrating as a rider.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What's the deal indeed

The deal is he has always been a fast but brittle rider, Suzuki hired him on the conventional wisdom that it's easier to get a crasher to stop crashing than turn a tortoise into a hare (see: AM73), but it seems like since Davide brivio left any progress in that area has been lost. What makes it worse for him is he used to be Suzuki's reliable points-getter and now mir is younger and doing a better job. His days are numbered.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

JohnClark posted:

What's the deal with Rins? The guy seems to be super sharp each race, right up until he crashes for no obvious reason.

Moto3 was preposterous as always, but in a way that was incredibly fun for me without someone who I'm very dedicated to as a fan. That start/finish straight away acted like an etch-a-sketch, just shake it up and you've got a new leaderboard each lap. Super fun to watch, but it must be incredibly frustrating as a rider.
I love watching Moto3. Bunch of hormonal teenagers with southern european tempers getting into ridiculous fights while trying to figure out how to go fast around the track on a bike where you have to carry corner speed to get anywhere.

Fenato vs Ajo will forever be my favorite ridiculous Moto3 moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fep8y0X2w

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tech3Racing/status/1400000510443376641
idk he's getting a lot of hype this year and I really need to remember to watch moto2 because I mostly remember him as a crasher

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well okay.

I mean, I'm worried because he's on the best bike and hasn't done a lot in a category you need to really shine to go anywhere in so we'll see.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

algebra testes posted:

Well okay.

I mean, I'm worried because he's on the best bike and hasn't done a lot in a category you need to really shine to go anywhere in so we'll see.

'done a lot' isn't the criteria.

'better than iker' is the criteria and he passes that with flying colours.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/motomatters/status/1400395848471699459?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Old Spaniard -> young Spaniard -> old Italian.

Logically next season it should be marco rigamonti or some other young Italian.