Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jerkface posted:

get their asses

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

ChaseSP posted:

Toji probably could've slaughtered them all if he wanted to, either in an upfront assault or just killing them one by one. It may have been his reincarnated corpse/body, but none of the people around could've touched him at all during the Shibuya incident, including an albeitly injured, Naobito Zenin given how he immediately hosed off with Megumi without anyone having an idea what just happened. it was only Gojo's absurd technique that could kill him due to him having no idea about it and it's likely the Zen'in's also knew this.

Yeah, no doubt Toji outclassed the majority of those present in Shibuya. I do remember Gege mentioning that Naobito was a match for Toji in a FAQ somewhere but I forget the exact details. It's pretty funny to see that it was an open secret and the entire Zenin clan are still scared shitless of his memory. get em Maki

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That eye technique is cool as hell and I really wanna see how they animate it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

That eye technique is cool as hell and I really wanna see how they animate it.

man the anime was so well done, I can't wait to see a bunch of stuff animated

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ChaseSP posted:

Toji probably could've slaughtered them all if he wanted to, either in an upfront assault or just killing them one by one. It may have been his reincarnated corpse/body, but none of the people around could've touched him at all during the Shibuya incident, including an albeitly injured, Naobito Zenin given how he immediately hosed off with Megumi without anyone having an idea what just happened. it was only Gojo's absurd technique that could kill him due to him having no idea about it and it's likely the Zen'in's also knew this.

Yeah of the people he fought only Dagon likely could have killed him, and that's only if he had managed to get his domain unrestricted so it had the auto hit.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Wow, Maki just went full Itachi on the Zenin clan.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

They really published that art that rough? I mean give the guy a break for another week or something. There is no way that's what gets printed in the volume publication.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They really published that art that rough? I mean give the guy a break for another week or something. There is no way that's what gets printed in the volume publication.

Not the first time it's happened and unfortunately won't be the last time it happens either.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

There is no way that's what gets printed in the volume publication.

Yea it wont get published like that. It may even be fixed on the app chapter release. Just means he missed the deadline for the print edition as thats where the RAWs come from. Theres been a couple of MHA chapters like that back when I followed it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Having only jumped on the manga 100 chapters in Viz is def not putting that up as the official release so I def would have missed this being a semi regular thing. I guess if thats the case, its not really that weird for it to be the tankobon printing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The rough drawing on those pages is the dude's eye technique containing maki right? It starts when he arrives and ends on the panel where she cuts the eyes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yum posted:

Does what Ranka say confirm that Toji could've massacred the entire Zenin clan any time he wanted to but decided against it?Guess we gotta wait for the official translation.

Toji made his name as a mercenary/hitman, hunting and assassinating Juju Sorcerers was his specialty. He must have gotten several requests for the heads of the zenin clan, and refused.

gently caress THEM UP MAKI

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 28, 2021

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

ATP_Power posted:

Mai: "Rip and tear, until it is done."
Maki:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T12ygsp9Mvg

Rip and tear, Maki!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

tweet my meat posted:

The rough drawing on those pages is the dude's eye technique containing maki right? It starts when he arrives and ends on the panel where she cuts the eyes.

It starts when he arrives but the art dips before he activates the technique

Also what was going on with Maki's thought process before she starts ripping and tearing? It kind of seemed like she had reservations but Mai's dying wish overrode them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The official chapter is out.

TheHan posted:

It starts when he arrives but the art dips before he activates the technique

Also what was going on with Maki's thought process before she starts ripping and tearing? It kind of seemed like she had reservations but Mai's dying wish overrode them.

Killing you own family is something that most people won't do even if they hate them, Toji did not do it. But them killing Mai her twin, combined with her dying wish is making her decide to destroy them. She is thinking back that she should have just remained with Mai at the bottom as a servant instead of going on her current path.

Manic Mongoose
Aug 5, 2010
This felt very HxH. down to the art (har har)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Manic Mongoose posted:

This felt very HxH. down to the art (har har)

I recall the many times that Togashi put out chicken scratch published on napkins and honestly it still gets the message across.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brought To You By posted:

I recall the many times that Togashi put out chicken scratch published on napkins and honestly it still gets the message across.

it was clearly a turkey not a chicken

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd buy that it was intentional if the chapter had bothered to explain what that guy's eye power was even supposed to do.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

i mean its obv not intentional, cmon. Its very clearly the rough posing for the characters. Unfortunately more common than should be necessary in jump.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

it was clearly a turkey not a chicken

I was thinking of those scribble dogs from when Knuckles was introduced. The entire finale of GI was basically a fever dream until I got the volume releases.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

MonsterEnvy posted:

The official chapter is out.
Killing you own family is something that most people won't do even if they hate them, Toji did not do it. But them killing Mai her twin, combined with her dying wish is making her decide to destroy them. She is thinking back that she should have just remained with Mai at the bottom as a servant instead of going on her current path.

The way it's written it feels less about killing her family (Who 100% deserve it) and more about her mourning fact that the path she chose was destined to lead to Mai's death.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd buy that it was intentional if the chapter had bothered to explain what that guy's eye power was even supposed to do.

I mean, even if there's no full explanation, the only thing you need to know is that a) it involves eyes, and b) it involves binding people.

Maki was being held in place. Big eyes were staring at her. Maki managed to break the big eyes to free herself from the binding. Eye dude's actual eyes started bleeding and the dude died blind.

I assume it's a "Freeze whatever you're staring at in place" or something technique with magical curse energy eyes. Given how breaking the big eyes destroyed the dude's actual eyes, maybe they're a projection of his eyes via cursed energy or some poo poo.

The important thing is that the dude died happy thinking Jinichi won, which is a way better death than most of the other Zenins that Maki murked.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I mean, even if there's no full explanation, the only thing you need to know is that a) it involves eyes, and b) it involves binding people.

Maki was being held in place. Big eyes were staring at her. Maki managed to break the big eyes to free herself from the binding. Eye dude's actual eyes started bleeding and the dude died blind.

I assume it's a "Freeze whatever you're staring at in place" or something technique with magical curse energy eyes. Given how breaking the big eyes destroyed the dude's actual eyes, maybe they're a projection of his eyes via cursed energy or some poo poo.

The important thing is that the dude died happy thinking Jinichi won, which is a way better death than most of the other Zenins that Maki murked.

We don't know he died. I think he passed out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why would this guy alone be spared

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

hes bleeding from his eyes and mouth and not moving and he basically gave his life to get his guy the kill shot and Maki owned them. He dead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

why would this guy alone be spared

Cuz Naoya is there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

i meant the change to rough art. if the eye thing was dramatic enough to cause an art shift, it would have been explained further. so, i don't really buy that it was intentional rather than simply unfinished.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Also the art shift happens before the eye thing starts up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i meant the change to rough art. if the eye thing was dramatic enough to cause an art shift, it would have been explained further. so, i don't really buy that it was intentional rather than simply unfinished.

Oh, I'm an idiot who didn't read the context. My bad.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Cuz Naoya is there.

Not for long.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Megumi is going to be in charge by default once this is all over.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ethiser posted:

Of what? All that will be left are the tools and treasures

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Of what? All that will be left are the tools and treasures

Well there's still Maki

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also his sister

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Given we were told there was a faction within the Zen'nin clan that was supportive of Megumi because of his relationship with the Kamo and Satoru clan, I assume there will be some people left alive by the end of this. But the combat squads thus far have all been on Ougi's side which is the losing prospect. Plus I don't think everyone is here at the moment given Japan is on fire so bound to be some members who will be coming back home to a mass funeral.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The world is going to change hard after this - of the three big families, one had their strongest member (and the strongest living being in the entire world) sealed, one's getting obliterated by one of their own which they cannot stop at all, and the Kamo family, while currently untouched, at least must be looking pretty sus for the rest of the world considering the one leading the curses is one of their own, even if it is one they have been more than clear they despise as well.

It will be interesting to see the state of Jujutsu society after all of this is over. At the very least, considering how successful Maki's rampage is being, the amount of big families is surely going down from three to two.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fortunately, this death game poo poo is probably going to bring the entire population of jujutsu sorcerers down to single digits by the end. if not, then maki wiping out large numbers of the already scarce sorcerers would cause some serious problems.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got a feeling the end of this series is going to be one of the proposed "solutions" to the problem of cursed energy. Everyone becomes sorcerers, or everyone gets an equivalent to a heavenly restriction- and that's that for the problem of needing Jujutsu sorcerers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

I got a feeling the end of this series is going to be one of the proposed "solutions" to the problem of cursed energy. Everyone becomes sorcerers, or everyone gets an equivalent to a heavenly restriction- and that's that for the problem of needing Jujutsu sorcerers.

A world full of Tojis/Makis sounds as terrifying as a world of curses.