Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Everyone being able to bench-press a small car (and we're not sure if the "remove the ability to generate cursed energy" solution gives a gift like normal heavenly restriction) is probably less dangerous compared to special grade sorcerers who can instagib everyone within hundreds and hundreds of meters of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

The world is going to change hard after this - of the three big families, one had their strongest member (and the strongest living being in the entire world) sealed, one's getting obliterated by one of their own which they cannot stop at all, and the Kamo family, while currently untouched, at least must be looking pretty sus for the rest of the world considering the one leading the curses is one of their own, even if it is one they have been more than clear they despise as well.

It will be interesting to see the state of Jujutsu society after all of this is over. At the very least, considering how successful Maki's rampage is being, the amount of big families is surely going down from three to two.

Well Kenjaku is not actually a Kamo he just took over ones body.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Kenjaku is not actually a Kamo he just took over ones body.

I can't not hear this in my head as DIO taunting people about being weaklings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABF7buuJDM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speedscans are up for 151
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-151/

:hellyeah:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Some strong Luffy vs Bellamy vibes from how that ended

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress THEM UP MAKI

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SgtSteel91 posted:

gently caress THEM UP MAKI

:ssj:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

It's the second time Maki cuts off someone mid sentence as they're trash talking her, and I don't think I'll get tired of it anytime soon.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Really excited to see how they'll model Naoyas fighting style and technique in the anime. Cool fight

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't understand the fps ability. Can someone explain how it works?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

I don't understand the fps ability. Can someone explain how it works?

Naobito and Naoya can divide their actions into 24 'frames" over 1 second. This lets them move stupidly fast, though they can't break the laws of physics too much. If they touch someone they can also force them to abide by the same rules, and if it is messed up they will be frozen in place for 1 second.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah turns out she was outright counting the frames he was using and slowly getting used to his ability in that manner which is neat. But also I'm impressed at how much Naoya could do, albeit Maki is injured and tired out potentially.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 4, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Naobito and Naoya can divide their actions into 24 'frames" over 1 second. This lets them move stupidly fast, though they can't break the laws of physics too much. If they touch someone they can also force them to abide by the same rules, and if it is messed up they will be frozen in place for 1 second.

How is an action a frame, though, and what constitutes "an action" to begin with?

Like if Naoya wants to punch you using his ability, is the punch an action, or is "pulling his arm back for the punch" an action? Is the punch itself split into multiple actions?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

How is an action a frame, though, and what constitutes "an action" to begin with?

Like if Naoya wants to punch you using his ability, is the punch an action, or is "pulling his arm back for the punch" an action? Is the punch itself split into multiple actions?

Think of it like animation frames. I am terrible for description so I will post an image and the wiki explantion.

quote:

This technique divides one second into twenty-four frames of animation using the user's field of view as the projection angle of view. The user can trace a predetermined set of movements into those twenty-four frames and execute them in that single second. Moving using this technique makes the user appear to move unnaturally fast, too quick for even special grade cursed spirits to follow.
While Projection Sorcery is active, anything touched by the user's palm must also abide by the "24 FPS" rule while moving. Failure to do so results in the subject getting immobilized and frozen in an animation frame for one second. Although it's just a second, anything caught in that frame is completely vulnerable to attack. Hitting the frame will break the target out of it, usually heavily injuring them.

In addition to its strengths, are several risks to the user. The predetermined course cannot be adjusted once started. Additionally, if the trajectory of movement or the laws of physics are excessively ignored, the user will be frozen as well

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Think of it like animation frames. I am terrible for description so I will post an image and the wiki explantion.

I still don't really get it. How "fast" you could go depends entirely upon how much space there is between the "frames," and how do you do something like punch someone, when technically you're just a static frame at each point? And if you place it on someone else, how do they control their own movements in a way that constitutes "frames"?

It would make sense if it were just "the ability to pre-plan a second of very fast movement."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how fast you could go, within the feasibility of the laws of physics, is the idea

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Yeah, it’s not an entirely coherent concept. In practice, I guess it makes you faster and your movements more precise, at the cost of having to plan out those movements in advance.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think one of the main things is that they move really fast then touch you and then you're stuck inside their animation cursed thing and you don't know how it works and they do.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cursed Technique: Double Post - By posting the same thing twice, I increase the cursed energy of the thread, and all those who read it suffer reading the post twice!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Aurora posted:

how fast you could go, within the feasibility of the laws of physics, is the idea

Yeah, but the "frames" part of it seems completely unnecessary and doesn't make much sense.

I guess not everyone can be Togashi with the overly detailed explanations of how the powers work.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

restrictions increase power.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I like how everyone was confused by the power the first time it showed up, so the author saw fit to bring it back so we could all be confused by it again.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The frames per second thing is fine for a kid reading the series who knows frame rate in video games. But the power basically breaks down to “move as fast as physics will allow in .0416 seconds, 24 times in a row” Dude visualizes this and then it either occurs if its is physically possible, or he gets frozen if it isnt. He can touch someone to make this happen to them as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

I still don't really get it. How "fast" you could go depends entirely upon how much space there is between the "frames," and how do you do something like punch someone, when technically you're just a static frame at each point? And if you place it on someone else, how do they control their own movements in a way that constitutes "frames"?

It would make sense if it were just "the ability to pre-plan a second of very fast movement."

Yes how fast depends how much space is between the Frames, which is why they can't excessively break the laws of physics. Naobito and Naoya are experts who have probably figured out the max amount of space between the frames. They also don't turn into frames unless they screw the technique up. The Punch would work like normal, but would have to be preprogramed. As it all happens in a second and they have mastered using it back to back so they can move at blinding speeds.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I cant wait to see it animated.
Especially Naobitos animation rant about 4k and 60fps

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait rewatch it on youtube interpolated to 60fps destroying the effect.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Open up a counter-territory, Smear Frame, to break the limit by morphing in weird ways, but you have to go back to normal before stopping.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't wait rewatch it on youtube interpolated to 60fps destroying the effect.
Watching season two on my TV with soap opera mode on and he teleports out of my tv and hits me

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah this is a power that will be greatly enhanced by being animated and boy is MAPPA gonna knock it out of the park I feel.

Like being bursted by 24 frames real quick of him beating up maki till she realizes the pattern and then SHE does the 24 frames to grab ahold of him and punch him into the floor. Or have it stop in the middle with her saying that its 24 before punching.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 5, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah this is a power that will be greatly enhanced by being animated and boy is MAPPA gonna knock it out of the park I feel.

if their animators don't all flame out from working on 69 anime a year

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ah, the real way to defeat 24frame power

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I also find it confusing how this ability can be used by the user themselves to make them faster or how losing a limb makes one slower. Since it works by enforcing a sort of speed limit to anything in their FOV, it's not like there's an invisible camera following them around

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

I also find it confusing how this ability can be used by the user themselves to make them faster or how losing a limb makes one slower. Since it works by enforcing a sort of speed limit to anything in their FOV, it's not like there's an invisible camera following them around

I think it makes sense if it's all about visualization and planning. It would take a lot of training in order to properly visualize actions with this technique and losing an arm would mean that you might accidentally plan an impossible move, using the now-missing limb, causing a freeze at a vital moment.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think its best to see the technique as a sort of buffer auto pilot ability. There is a speed increase that happens because you are essentially doing a burst of predetermined actions every second aided by sorcery. The frames are just part of the buffering system and is actually a limitation more than anything. A person with a more insane grasp of the technique could theoretically buffer more actions in a second or a variable set of actions in each second rendering one of the key weakness moot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official translation:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-151/chapter/22616?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009381

Gives a bit more clarity, "24 moves per second" even though what constitutes as a move is still nebulous.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yes, the nebulosity is what makes it jujutsu sorcery

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I’m glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t comprehend 24frames, I think I finally realized the general idea is that you can compress one action (like running towards your opponent) into one second at 24fps. The trade off being you have to commit to that action to get the ludicrous speed boost. Attempting to perform a second action or cancelling the first during your 24 frames sends you to frame hell. Usually your opponent can’t see you taking the 24 steps to complete the action but Maki’s so GOAT’d now that she can. Really I just needed to write this out so someone can explain to me if I’m wrong.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The official chapter is out.
Killing you own family is something that most people won't do even if they hate them, Toji did not do it. But them killing Mai her twin, combined with her dying wish is making her decide to destroy them. She is thinking back that she should have just remained with Mai at the bottom as a servant instead of going on her current path.

See I kinda bought into the “dying wish binding vow” theory that gets floated around but the mundane answer makes more sense.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've been vaguely thinking of it as some kind of Paper Mario Action Command that's just very difficult.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheHan posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t comprehend 24frames, I think I finally realized the general idea is that you can compress one action (like running towards your opponent) into one second at 24fps. The trade off being you have to commit to that action to get the ludicrous speed boost. Attempting to perform a second action or cancelling the first during your 24 frames sends you to frame hell. Usually your opponent can’t see you taking the 24 steps to complete the action but Maki’s so GOAT’d now that she can. Really I just needed to write this out so someone can explain to me if I’m wrong.

I'm just going to go with this even though we've seen people get put in frames for just standing still so is them freezing up also a violation of the rules? In other words

Aurora posted:

yes, the nebulosity is what makes it jujutsu sorcery

It's a good thing the best technique in the series is as simple as clapping your hands. :rip: Todo's hand though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I'm just going to go with this even though we've seen people get put in frames for just standing still so is them freezing up also a violation of the rules? In other words

Probably because nobody knows how to prevent it from working unless you were able to ask Naoya/the old head how it worked exactly which they would never explain due to how it exposes the weaknesses fo the technique.