Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maigius posted:

Going to sign up for WU and watch the supercard. How would you describe Ganbare? It's the one I am least familiar with.

its very indie. Runs smaller venues, a mix of newbies and freelancers. I think Yuna Manase is the most established vet they used regularly? Its a fun watch, just don't go in expecting the high octane workrate DDT does after they get the Dino match out of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Look at dipshit over here. I was meant to go out to get some drinks & snacks because if I'm waking up before 5am for a wrestling show I need at least a little junk food pick-me-up, but instead I completely forgot until this very minute that the show was happening so of course I have nothing & the local shops closed half an hour ago. Oh well. I'm a dummy, guess I'll have to make do with a 5am banana for a sugar rush.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

forkboy84 posted:

Look at dipshit over here. I was meant to go out to get some drinks & snacks because if I'm waking up before 5am for a wrestling show I need at least a little junk food pick-me-up, but instead I completely forgot until this very minute that the show was happening so of course I have nothing & the local shops closed half an hour ago. Oh well. I'm a dummy, guess I'll have to make do with a 5am banana for a sugar rush.

Been in this situation before. If you have some extra stuff like yogurt, banana, peanuts or peanut butter you can get creative.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It feels weird how little coverage Cyberfight Festival is getting in Western media, it's easily the largest show of the next few months and likely to be in the running for the biggest show of the year.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

fez_machine posted:

It feels weird how little coverage Cyberfight Festival is getting in Western media, it's easily the largest show of the next few months and likely to be in the running for the biggest show of the year.

Didn't AEW had some kind of partnership with DDT? Obviously they have partnership with TJPW, if AEW would've plugged show on Dynamite that would've helped alot. Maybe they don't want know promote NOAH since it's competition (I'm using this term loosely) to NJPW? I would say that western audience aren't familiar woth most of the wrestlers on the card expect Keiji, and some TJPW ladies that appeared in AEW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW doesn't push stuff happening in foreign promotions unless it's related to stuff they want to push.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

FatBagzJones posted:

Didn't AEW had some kind of partnership with DDT?

Enough to get Konosuke Takeshita on for a couple shows at least, though they didn't really promote DDT as a promotion aside from I think a quick mention.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Toi Kojima injured, no return date

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1401800990001569794

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

We discussed the ShuPro cover in the Dominion thread when Charlton said Shingo would be on the cover but unfortunately the Dragon was no match for the MegaChamp (and the other three)

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1402111461992849408?s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yoshihiko could not be denied

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress yes Yoshihiko :hellyeah:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yoshihiko stronger than God, the Best Bout Machine and the Dragon!

(Also being printed on the 7th probably saved Shupro having to make a tough decision and they probably started going to print before Dominion was done. Can easily do Shingo on the cover next week)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

We discussed the ShuPro cover in the Dominion thread when Charlton said Shingo would be on the cover but unfortunately the Dragon was no match for the MegaChamp (and the other three)

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1402111461992849408?s=19

Judging from the fact that dominion isn't mentioned at all, the event happened too late to make it in this week's issues. Curious what they would have chosen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EST/3am PST

DDT King of DDT 1st Round
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Antonio Honda, Danshoku Dieno, Kazuki Hirata, Toru Owashi & Yuki Iino vs Hideki Okatani, Toi Kojima, Yukio Naya, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku
King of DDT Round 1: HARASHIMA vs Makoto Oishi
King of DDT Round 1: Yuji Hino vs Yukio Sakaguchi
King of DDT Round 1: MAO vs Soma Takao
King of DDT Round 1: Akito vs Konosuke Takeshita
King of DDT Round 1: Daisuke Sasaki vs Yuki Ueno
King of DDT Round 1: Jun Akiyama vs Shunma Katsumata
King of DDT Round 1: Kazusada Higuchi vs Naomi Yoshimura
King of DDT Round 1: Chris Brookes vs Tetsuya Endo
Live on Wrestle Universe

Reminder that this absurdly stacked DDT show is on in just under 10 hours. Unfortunately because CyberFight Fest is long & I can't really sit for more than 2 hours at a time right now staring at a screen I'm not going to be able to watch live.

Festival was a fun show but god it's going to be 4 separate sessions to watch this god drat thing. It's very long.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah I'm planning on making a thread for the tournament when I get home from work in a few hours, mad hyped every single one of those first round matches.

I also need to catch up on yesterday's All Japan show, I had the site up and everything but somewhere in the half hour before the show started I completely forgot about it until about 4 hours later

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So I've been enjoying Dragon Gate, can I have some match recommendations for the following wrestlers:
- Kzy
- Susumu Yokosuka
- Keisuke Okuda
- Big R/King Shimizu
- Ben-K

I'm already following King of Gate 2021 so I've seen most of their matches there (poor Ben-K though). Other than that I've seen Okuda defend the Brave Gate title from Kaito Ishida last year (it ruled), and the Susumu/U-T Brave Gate match in Dead or Alive 2019 (it also ruled).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Some of those are easier than others. It's gotten real sunny outside so I'm only going to do one wrestler right now

For Kzy, I want to include the first match of his I ever saw, not because it's good so much as because it's funny, he was just a couple years into his career & Chikara brought him in for King of Trios where he tagged with Cheech & Cloudy against Brodie Lee, Jimmy Olsen & Retail Dragon. Sadly I doubt there's an easy way to watch that. Maybe it's on IWTV? Wait, no, Bilibili comes through: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV12p411f7Pa?p=4 (Skip to 1:15:01 for the prematch young Brodie Lee promo)

Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kzy - 7/2/18 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6f3ar1
For a couple of years there Kzy really established himself near the top of the DG card with amazing February Dream Gate challenges. Sadly that didn't happen this year but instead we'll get a July challenge which is a bigger deal.

PAC vs Kzy - 10/2/19 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1eb411S7hi/
This was the match that got me back into DG: it had a lot of buzz around it, I wanted to see PAC now he was freed from WWE again & let me tell you it was a loving shock to learn the amazing guy he was against was mcKz from that Chikara KOT I linked earlier. This absolutely rules

Naruki Doi vs Kzy - 7/2/20 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1C741187Nz
May as well just finish the trilogy here with the 3rd February Dream Gate Challenge. I think it's a step below the first 2 but is still a real good, 4.5 * level match.

Kzy vs Akira Tozawa - 28/2/15 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1gs411V7DR
A bit further back in time, and this time he's defending a title in February! Brave Gate match against Akira Tozawa.

Maximum (Jason Lee, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi) vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuk - 6/5/18 https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Uz4y1X7wz
An Open The Triangle Gate match for a change of pace

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Onita is bringing FMW-E to the USA to show American fans what a real explosion looks like after the disappointment of Omega/Moxley

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1402965240963239942?s=19

Apparently over 60% of the PPV buys have come from overseas for the Independence Day show held in Kanagawa on July 4th. It's only ¥1000 and the card is very sleazy for people who love indie sleaze

Exploding Barbed Wire Ropes + Exploding Barbed Wire Land Mine Barricades + Exploding Barbed Wire Baseball Bat + Exploding Table Deathmatch from Hell
Atsushi Onita, Ricky Fuji & Minoru Fujita vs. Abdullah Kobayashi, Yuko Miyamoto & & Onryo
If Team Onita loses then Onita's trademark leather jacket will be exploded, if Team Abdullah loses then his motorcycle will be exploded

Genderless Three Way Fans Pay for the Weapons Bunkhouse Deathmatch
Miss Mongol vs. Nene∞D.A.I vs. X

Kikutaro & Gabai Ji-chan vs. The Brahman Brothers

Yuichi Taniguchi, HASEGAWA & Naoshi Sano vs. Monster Leather, Mr. Atomic & Toshiya Kawarai

Fake Explosions Deathmatch
Fat Atsushi Onita vs. Yumehito Imanari

Here is the link to buy the PPV for anyone interested.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Fat Atsushi Onita

I'm listening...

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

When I have time after work I’ll look for some more, but Big R and Ben-K had a killer tag team called Big Ben Assuming you have the Network their notable Twin Gate defenses and challenges are pretty easy to find. Check their matches against CK-1 (CIMA and Dragon Kid) at Gate of Destiny 2017, T-Hawk and Eita at Dead or Alive 2018 and their match against BxB Hulk and Yamato at Kobe World 2018 (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1as411P7tb?from=search&seid=10324547053623136259), which I went a full 5 stars on and was my favorite match of 2018.

For Big R singles matches, there's the aforementioned match against Yamamura, but his big coming out, oh poo poo this guy could be something, was the 2016 King of Gate Finals against YAMATO, which was the first time I stood up and went, wait this guy's more than a protected finisher. It's hard to find because Dragon Gate refuses to update Infinitys prior to 2017 on the network, so here their fun if short rematch from 2017 KoG: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wr4hh

One match of Big R's that gets overlooked is his match against Mochizuki for the Dream Gate challenge key in 2017, excellent storytelling focused around Big R having the most protected finisher in the company and going for it early and often while Mochizuki picks and chooses his spots to take control and break him down: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15t4115739?from=search&seid=7036696042256844007

For Ben-K, basically any of his Dream Gate challenges and defenses are must see. His first failed challenge against Mochizuki, and his eventual successful defense against him once he has the belt, are stand-outs.
Defending against Mochizuku: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nE411171N?from=search&seid=12765670582409750561

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jun 11, 2021

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Thank christ the Muto nightmare is over... even if I'm not too hot on Marufuji being the guy to take the belt.

Lily Catts posted:

So I've been enjoying Dragon Gate, can I have some match recommendations for the following wrestlers:
- Kzy
- Susumu Yokosuka
- Keisuke Okuda
- Big R/King Shimizu
- Ben-K

I'm already following King of Gate 2021 so I've seen most of their matches there (poor Ben-K though). Other than that I've seen Okuda defend the Brave Gate title from Kaito Ishida last year (it ruled), and the Susumu/U-T Brave Gate match in Dead or Alive 2019 (it also ruled).

A few recommendations for Shimizu:

Dia Hearts (Shimizu, Kzy, Dragon Kid & Mochizuki) vs Verserk (Takagi, YAMATO, Doi, Kotoka) vs Monster Express (Yoshino, Tozawa, >T-Hawk, Shachihiko BOY) - Unit Disbands
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1is411g7mh?from=search&seid=5267731117854946333

Is it cheating to recommend a Unit Disbands match? It's good, trust me.

Big R Shimizu vs Takehiro Yamamura, 2/2/2017
https://www.bilibili.com/s/video/BV14E411a7ZP

Once upon a time, Big R Shimizu wasn't goofy, well, AS goofy as he is nowadays. Four short years ago he was a young powerhouse, seen here taking on the since retired Takehiro Yamamura in an excellent singles encounter.

Big R Shimizu & Eita vs Naruki Doi & Kaito Ishida vs KAI & YAMATO
https://dragongate.live/title/?program=comp_BigEventsFeature&episode=45

A great tag team match with three great teams, stealing the show in a stacked Kobe World 2019 card.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Your weekly schedule

12/6/2021, Saturday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 125
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Super Asian Title: Minoru Fujita(c) vs Mei Suruga
Live on Youtube

11am JST/1pm AEDT/3am BST/10pm EST/7pm PST

New Japan Strong Road to IGNITION
Oceanview Pavillion, Port Hueneme
Alex Coughlin vs Hikuleo
Clark Connors & The DKC vs Lio Rush & Rocky Romero
Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta vs Jordan Clearwater & Misterioso
Live on NJPW World

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Spring Tour '21 ~The Bullet~
Kitazawa Town Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe on 15th June

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour 2021 Afternoon
Aster Plaza Multipurpose Studio, Hiroshima
Chris Brookes & Shunma Katsumata vs Toru Owashi & Yuki Iino
Akito, Yukio Naya & Yusuke Okada vs Damnation (Hiroshi Yamato, Soma Takao & Yuji Hino)
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Junretsu (Hideki Okatani & Makoto Oishi)
Danshoku Dieno vs Yuya Koroku
Antonio Honda & Rey Paloma vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo)
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA, Kazuki Hirata & Naomi Yoshimura)

3:45pm JST/5:45pm AEDT/7:45am BST/2:45am EST/11:45pm PST

Stardom Tokyo Dream Cinderella 2021 Special Edition
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Preshow: Hina vs Lady C vs Rina
Cinderella Tournament Semi-Final: Maika vs Unagi Sayaka
Cinderella Tournament Semi-Final: Himeka vs Saya Kamitani
COSMIC ANGELS (Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa) vs Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Natsupoi) vs Queen's Quest (AZM & Momo Watanabe)
Elimination Tag Last Person Eliminated To Join Rival Unit: Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Konami, Natsuko Tora, Ruaka & Saki Kashima) vs STARS (Hanan, Koguma, Mayu Iwatani, Rin Kadokura & Starlight Kid)
Cinderella Tournament Final
World of Stardom Title: Utami Hayashishita(c) vs Syuri
Live on iPPV with English commentary (Not available in every country.)

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

DDT Dramatic Dream Tour 2021 Evening
Aster Plaza Multipurpose Studio, Hiroshima
Hideki Okatani vs Naomi Yoshimura
Akito, Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Iino vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno)
Antonio Honda & Chris Brookes vs Damnation (Soma Takao & Tetsuya Endo)
HARASHIMA & Kenshin Chikano vs Yukio Naya & Yukio Sakaguchi
Danshoku Dieno & MAO vs Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi
Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Hiroshi Yamato & Yuji Hino) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi & Yusuke Okada)

Ganbare Pro Face/Off 2021
Kitazawa Town Hall, Tokyo
1st Ganpro Mixed Tag Tournament Round 1: Cherry & Ken Ohka vs Moeka Haruhi & Shuichiro Katsumara
1st Ganpro Mixed Tag Tournament Round 1: Miss Mongol & Shota vs Yumehito Imanari & Yuna Manase
1st Ganpro Mixed Tag Tournament Round 1: Asuka & Shinichiro Tominaga vs Itsuki Aoki & Kouki Iwasaki
1st Ganpro Mixed Tag Tournament Round 1: HARUKAZE & Keisuke Ishii vs Miyako Matsumoto & Shigehiro Irie

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

Dragon Gate Rainbow Gate Night 4
Kumamoto-Jo Hall, Kumamoto
Ben-K, Don Fujii & Ryo Saito vs Kota Umeda, U-T & Yosuke Santa Maria
RED (Diamante & KAI) vs Ultimo Dragon & Yasushi Kanda
Masquerade (Dragon Dia & Jason Lee) vs RED (BxB Hulk & SB KENTo)
Masquerade (Kota Minoura & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Eita & HYO)
High-End (Dragon Kid, Kagetora, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO) vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, King Shimizu, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka)
Live on DG Network

Also shows from Actwres girlZ, Sendai Girls, Ice Ribbon, Colega & Tenryu Project

13/6/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/2am BST/9pm EST/6pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 126
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

Tokyo Joshi Pro That's J-PW #19
Wrestle Budokan, Saitama
Card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST

Ice Ribbon Risa Sera 6th Produce Show Hardcore Mixed Tag Tournament Afternoon
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Mixed Tag Round 1: Akane Fujita & Minoru Fujita vs Hiraga Kurumi & Toshiyuki Sakuda
Mixed Tag Round 1: Masashi Takeda & Suzu Suzuki vs Mochi Miyagi & Takayuki Ueki
Mixed Tag Round 1: Maya Yukihi & Takashi Sasaki vs Orca Uto & Risa Sera
Mixed Tag Semi-Final: Jun Kasai & Rina Yamashita vs Fujita/Fujita or Kurumi/Sakuda
Live on NicoNico

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST

BASARA 160 Nanoka
2AW Square, Chiba
Card TBA

3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EST/11pm PST

GAEAism Decade of Quarter Century
Ota City General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Sakura Hirota vs. The Great Sasuke
CIMA vs. Leo Isaka
DASH Chisako vs. Hibiki
Manami, Yurika Oka & Kanon vs. Mei Hoshizuki, Mikoto Shindo & Maria
Chigusa Nagayo, Sakura Hirota & KAORU vs. Meiko Satomura, Chikayo Nagashima & Toshie Uematsu
AAAW Single, Tag, Sendai Girls World & Sendai Girls World Tag Titles Elimination Tag Match: Rin Kadokura, Mio Momono & X vs. Chihiro Hashimoto, Mima Iwata & X
Live on iPPV

Pro Wrestling NOAH Abema Premium Match Series Mitsuhara Misawa Memorial I Will Never Forget This Day
Unknown Venue
Card TBA
Live on Abema

Ice Ribbon Risa Sera 6th Produce Show Hardcore Mixed Tag Tournament Evening
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Mixed Tag Semi-Final: Takeda/Suzuki or Miyagi/Ueki winner vs Yukihi/Sasaki or Uto/Sera winner
Mixed Tag Final
2 other matches
Live on NicoNico

Also shows from Oz Academy, Secret Base, Ice Ribbon & 2AW

14/6/2021, Monday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

New Japan Kizuna Road Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Minoru Suzuki vs Yuya Uemura
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yota Tsuji
Bullet Club (Dick Togo, EVIL, Jado & Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI)
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, SHO & YOH)
LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr)
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Colega, Wave & GLEAT

15/6/2021, Tuesday

New Japan Kizuna Road Night 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Yuya Uemura vs Zack Sabre Jr
Taichi vs Yota Tsuji
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Jado & Taiji Ishimori) vs CHAOS (SHO, Toru Yano & YOH)
Bullet Club (Dick Togo, EVIL, Gedo & Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)
LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kota Ibushi & Master Wato
Live on NJPW World

Also Colega

16/6/2021, Wednesday

New Japan Kizuna Road Night 3
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Hiroshi Tanahshi vs Yuya Uemura
Kazuchika Okada vs Yota Tsuji
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata vs Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Zack Sabre Jr
Elimination Tag: Bullet Club (Dick Togo, El Phantasmo, EVIL, Taiji Ishimori & Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, SHO, Tomohiro Ishii, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI)
Live on NJPW World

SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night! Day 1
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Card TBA but featuring a Citrus Wind vs Las Fresa de Egoistas Tag
Presumably available from here

Also Colega

17/6/2021, Thursday

Tokyo Joshi Pro That's J-PW #20
Wrestle Budokan, Saitama
Card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night! Day 1
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
BEYOND THE SEA #1 challenger: Nanae Takahashi vs Ryo Mizunami
BEYOND THE SEA Tag Titles: Las Fresa de Egoistas (Asuka & Makoto)(c) vs Rina Yamashita & Yumiko Hotta
Rest of card TBA
Presumably available from here

Tokyo Joshi Pro Additional Attack
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Arisu Endo, Haruna Neko, Moka Miyamoto & Suzume vs Nodoka Tenma, Pom Harajuku, Raku & Yuki Aino
Kaya Toribami vs Shoko Nakajima
Mahiro Kiryu & Miu Watanabe vs Nao Kakuta & Yuki Kamifuku
Hyper Misao & Rika Tatsumi vs Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki
International Princess Title: Hikari Noa(c) vs Marika Kobashi
Princess Tag Team Titles: Mei Saint-Michel & Sakisama(c) vs Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita
Live on Wrestle Universe

18/6/2021, Friday

FREEDOMS in Shinkiba
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Daiki Wakamatsu vs Tatsuhito Takaiwa
Alejandro, Kengo & Yuya Susumu vs Brahmin Gen, Brahmin Kei & Dragon Libre
Daisuke Masaoka, Mammoth Sasaki & Tomoya Hirata vs Kenji Fukimoto, Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita
Kamui vs Masashi Takeda
Jun Kasai, Takashi Sasaki & Toru Sugiura vs Takayuki Ueki, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack
No air date as yet

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thank you everyone! That's a lot of matches to digest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BTF posted:

Thank christ the Muto nightmare is over... even if I'm not too hot on Marufuji being the guy to take the belt.

A few recommendations for Shimizu:

Dia Hearts (Shimizu, Kzy, Dragon Kid & Mochizuki) vs Verserk (Takagi, YAMATO, Doi, Kotoka) vs Monster Express (Yoshino, Tozawa, >T-Hawk, Shachihiko BOY) - Unit Disbands
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1is411g7mh?from=search&seid=5267731117854946333

Is it cheating to recommend a Unit Disbands match? It's good, trust me.

I love this match, it's one of my favorite modern DG matches, and it was also the big match where Kzy started his development from unit loss pole to main eventer which is culminating at this year's Kobe World.

And as long as we're on track for Unit Disbands matches, Susumu Yokosuka is the king of these. When he's the final guy in his unit, dramatically and desperatly throwing out huge lariats, there is no better wrestler in the world. The Jimmyz unit disbands matches are some of the best in company in history and Susumu is the star of them.

The Mad Blankey vs. Jimmyz unit disbands match at Dangerous Gate 2015 is one of my favorites period: https://dragongate.live/title/?program=comp_BigEventsFeature&episode=49

And the Verserk vs. Jimmyz No DQ Unit Disbands match was really great as well. Any match that leaves people in the audience weeping is a good match by me: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Vt41167UR/

And as long as I'm here I'd also recommend the Flamita/Susumu Brave Gate match from Dead or Alive 2014. Flamita is still coasting off of how good it was.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 11, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
These links reminded me that MaxiMuM ruled so hard. :allears:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I don't even know those factions! Gotta love the "faction must disband" stip that DG does

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lily Catts posted:

I don't even know those factions! Gotta love the "faction must disband" stip that DG does
Looks like the matches you're being recommended start around 2015-2016:
-VerserK: Shingo Takagi's big bad heels.
-Monster Express: Masato Yoshino's mix of Japanese & gaijins. My avatar is their logo.
-Jimmyz: Susumu's group of fun dudes who all renamed themselves Jimmy as a gag because 'jimi' means mundane/boring.
-Over Generation: Veterans CIMA/Gamma/Dragon Kid brought in a bunch of young rookies.
-Dia.HEARTS: BxB Hulk's super babyface boyz.
-Tribe Vanguard: After Dia.HEARTS split and Yamato turned face, BxB & Yamato formed a new group.

2017-2018:
-VerserK renamed themselves ANTIAS after some lineup changes.
-MaxiMuM came from Monster Express's breakup and Speed Muscle (Doi/Yoshino) getting back together.
-Natural Vibes is Kzy's group of chill friends.

2019-2020:
-Shingo split for NJPW and left a vacuum for top heel, so R.E.D formed led by Eita.
-CIMA split to form OWE, and Ultimo Dragon came back after 15 years. Most of the rest of the roster then took sides in a generational war.

As of 2021, R.E.D is still together, Natural Vibes is back with new members, Yamato leads High-End, and Shun Skywalker leads Masquerade.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jimmyz loving ruled.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/masaddt/status/1403015061409435648

Masa Takanashi is finally coming back from injury next month, excluding a 5 minute exhibition at ChocoPro #85 he hasn't wrestled since March of last year

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Jimmyz loving ruled.

I'm sad that I can't find a good gif of a Jimmyz Train.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching last weekends DG and gotta say I kinda love HYO is still doing his double countout bit, coming from under the ring to pull YAMATO down off the apron at 19 and then celebrating like it's a victory

Match of the show deffo Mochi & Shun vs Kzy & Shimizu. Kzy vs Shun gonna be fire.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 13, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1403735819232423938

This is on in just over half an hour if anyone's interested

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

SG Bamboo posted:

I get that today is Misawas death anniversary, and memorial show is fitting tribute, but what's deference between today's show and NOAH Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial 2021 from May 31st show? Did NOAH just wanted to do memorial show in May just in case if in June they wouldn't be able to run a show?

Don't get me wrong, that man deserve that and more, but I'm just curious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1403735819232423938

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-sWOluKkKA&t=3s

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not too sure, I remember reading that the show they did a couple of weeks ago was the first official Misawa Memorial show since 2015, whereas they normally do one around this time under a different name (for instance, last year they ran a show on June 14th called go forward which was main evented by Go Shiozaki and Akitoshi Saito, they last two guys remaining from Misawa's last match). My best guess would be that your hypothesis was right and they were spooked by the extended states of emergency and weren't too sure this one would go ahead.

fakedit: Some googling showed me this from May 11th saying the May 30th show was being cancelled, so I guess they booked this one then the previous one was able to go ahead so now we have both

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

How odd, I guess there's a bit of a preshow that the english commentators aren't covering. I've got both streams up, Abema has Kobashi on as a guest while Universe is still showing preroll

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

SG Bamboo posted:

fakedit: Some googling showed me this from May 11th saying the May 30th show was being cancelled, so I guess they booked this one then the previous one was able to go ahead so now we have both

Oh, I forgot that May30th show was cancelled along with NJ dome show, for couple days, then rebooked at 31st (and probably by that time today's show was already scheduled). Now this makes more sense.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So are they running late or am I having feed issues?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

So are they running late or am I having feed issues?

SG Bamboo posted:

How odd, I guess there's a bit of a preshow that the english commentators aren't covering. I've got both streams up, Abema has Kobashi on as a guest while Universe is still showing preroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah was confused why it hadn't started, but if I'm not missing anything no need to panic.