Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Lemon, it’s June.

and yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Meltdown May is more than 31 days on a calendar. It is a state of being.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Some of us are in a constant state of meltdown and we will never stop posting through it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

HMS Beagle posted:

Some of us are in a constant state of meltdown and we will never stop posting through it.

Please don’t call me out like this.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I'm actually kinda curious whose IP laws count for what here. Dunno where holobass is located, but Spotify is Swedish, Youtube American, Ame is Retro-Future Scottish, and Cover is a Japanese.

YouTube at least legally he's almost certain in the clear as far as the actual law (from their actual legal rights they could issue demands to not show it in certain countries but not a full takedown) but also youtube doesn't give a poo poo about the actual law so tough luck.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

aaaaaand her stream is unlisted. Here's the link in case she decides to private it.

a loving shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8cM3yzgRP8

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Carteret posted:

aaaaaand her stream is unlisted. Here's the link in case she decides to private it.

a loving shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8cM3yzgRP8

I was able to navigate to it just now on my subscriptions at least

Ska Shiny Smiley Story is amazing.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

well now hold on everyone knows drat well that youtube stumbles over its own rear end all the time with big streams

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Can someone give me a time stamp to the ska shiny smiley story?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

antisocial democrat posted:

It would have been easy to parlay his songs into a career getting commissions and/or putting out his own monetized work on his YouTube channel alongside his Holo content, but this guy apparently just didn't have the imagination for that.
I wonder if he looked into that at all and decided he'd be unsatisfied by it. Probably not. I remember when a VG cover dude I follow started putting out his own original stuff once a month alongside video game covers and wondering how they would be received or how many views they'd get compared to the stuff people went to him in the first place for, and it looks like it's about an average of 25-50% viewership compared to the covers. Not bad, holobass really did throw away a good thing he was working towards. considering his hololive stuff a foot in the door to get eyes on him would've been the smart play, but instead he threw a tantrum and burned it all down.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Talorat posted:

Can someone give me a time stamp to the ska shiny smiley story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8cM3yzgRP8&t=32710s

9:05:10

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

I'd assume the latter; pro-China people, if they acknowledged Tiananmen Square at all, would probably do something like point out that official US government sources who were there at the time said there wasn't a massacre in the square (there were armed clashes elsewhere in the city that resulted in deaths on both sides and probably of bystanders too, as what was going on then was an ongoing movement and not just a single protest in one place, and there's debate over exactly what happened and how many people died overall, but it's pretty conclusive that the student protesters in Tiananmen Square weren't gunned down or anything and that Western media and politicians intentionally conflated separate events or sometimes outright lied to make it sound like harmless students were being killed by the hundreds), not just spam "Tiananmen Square" or whatever, since that just brings to mind the dominant anti-China narrative on the subject. There's also a lot of Sinophobia going around lately, too, which also makes me think that it's probably people who both dislike Hololive or at least the particular VTubers they're spamming and also hate China who are, as you said, using everything that's happened lately as cover to be shitheads.

What the gently caress?

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
I want to download that stream because I missed the first 4 or so hours, I hope I get a chance to.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Bless!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
zen, you okay buddy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcvUiYOdJk&hd=1

Mouse was just talking about popping a lung from sneezing/coughing too hard, don't make it happen to her from laughing too hard, zen.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 6, 2021

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Eh, Jenma is probably going through the stream and editing out pops on rocks, so they don't haven't to deal with any bullshit, this is too important of a stream not to be uploaded.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might've just missed the tweets announcing it with the crazy spotify meltdown being the first on everyone's minds now but I was just on my homepage and Marine and Lamy have been playing RE6 for I don't know how long.

Horny Pirate POV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diTeULM88Tk

Average Alcohol Enjoyer POV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1zZYEKhwU

Really thought 5 and 6 were going to be weirdly off limits for at least another 2 months.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Captain Invictus posted:

zen, you okay buddy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcvUiYOdJk&hd=1

Mouse was just talking about popping a lung from sneezing/coughing too hard, don't make it happen to her from laughing too hard, zen.

:laffo: I’m gonna guess TTS hosed (:haw:) up and Zen just leaned into it? That takes some serious loving balls, to say that to Mousey.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
considering how zen completely loses it immediately after that and then mentions getting hosed by TTS later, probably. :v:

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The stream isn't unlisted or anything. You just need to go to the Past live streams section.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
The time is off though. When you load it it cuts down to 9:10:15 before it plays. So yeah Pop on Rocks is already gone.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Nope, it's still there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
All that random DICKS spam really pays off sometimes

https://www.twitch.tv/zentreya/clip/ComfortableExquisiteCrowHeyGirl-lOL5yp6bZDdAd7cl

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dude should've just opened a Patreon like everyone else. He already had all the audience he needed.

Kild posted:

Yeah, switch controller playing through OBS is a very effective power limiter.
What's weird is that I'm pretty sure she's confirmed she has a second screen and that her capture card has a passthrough, so why does she insist in playing through OBS?
The rest do it too, but at least the others don't rely so much in instant reactions. (Save for Ame which is also baffling)

Just Andi Now posted:

The stream isn't unlisted or anything. You just need to go to the Past live streams section.

Adding to this: Finished streams do not appear in the "Uploads" section until they finish processing (chat replay becomes available).

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

I love the back and forth between Mouse and Zen.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Kyte posted:

What's weird is that I'm pretty sure she's confirmed she has a second screen and that her capture card has a passthrough, so why does she insist in playing through OBS?
The rest do it too, but at least the others don't rely so much in instant reactions. (Save for Ame which is also baffling)

Maybe she uses one screen for OBS, another for chat and any behind the scenes technical work with the face tracking software? Or like a manager line to contact her? Screens fill up pretty quick when vtubing.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nipponophile posted:

What the gently caress?

It's pretty wild to read about. Also probably off-topic now that I think about it though; I'll PM you and anyone else who's interested the post I had written, but basically, while a lot of poo poo went down in Beijing that night, some of it ending in bloodshed, most of it happened in places other than Tiananmen Square itself, where most of the protesters apparently left before government forces even showed up, according to sources like a Western reporter who was there interviewing students all the way until the dawn, the US embassy in Beijing, and so on.

Which is why I doubt those particular spammers are Chinese nationalists; I'd expect stuff from them to either ignore Tiananmen Square entirely or to try for some sort of, "Even the US government admits the Tiananmen Square massacre didn't happen," message with quotes from different Western sources or whatever (while hoping you don't do more research and learn that, while there wasn't a massacre in the Square, there were conflicts in other parts of Beijing that night where the death toll, according to various estimates, could be in the hundreds or even thousands). Just spamming the words "Tiananmen Square" seems more like, "Hey, remember that time the Chinese government killed a bunch of students?" Which isn't a very pro-China message, in my opinion at least. Maybe it is if you really hate college students.

Kyte posted:

It being what they're used to and them not wanting to change/it not occurring to them that they could do things a better way? People sometimes end up sticking with really inconvenient or inefficient things they could easily change for extremely minor reasons sometimes. I don't know, but it would definitely be nice if they shifted away from that, yeah. Time delays like that in games are such a pain just when playing; it has to be even worse when you're also trying to provide commentary (something that already taxes your mind somewhat and seems to fairly consistently result in streamers/LPers doing notably worse at games) while doing so.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 6, 2021

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

what the

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

:chloe:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Roland Jones posted:

I'd assume the latter; pro-China people, if they acknowledged Tiananmen Square at all, would probably do something like point out that official US government sources who were there at the time said there wasn't a massacre in the square (there were armed clashes elsewhere in the city that resulted in deaths on both sides and probably of bystanders too, as what was going on then was an ongoing movement and not just a single protest in one place, and there's debate over exactly what happened and how many people died overall, but it's pretty conclusive that the student protesters in Tiananmen Square weren't gunned down or anything and that Western media and politicians intentionally conflated separate events or sometimes outright lied to make it sound like harmless students were being killed by the hundreds), not just spam "Tiananmen Square" or whatever, since that just brings to mind the dominant anti-China narrative on the subject. There's also a lot of Sinophobia going around lately, too, which also makes me think that it's probably people who both dislike Hololive or at least the particular VTubers they're spamming and also hate China who are, as you said, using everything that's happened lately as cover to be shitheads.

Like, apparently trying to search up "Tiananmen Square" online in China is censored (which, given the above, is arguably even more pathetic than most examples of that kind of censorship, since it means the ruling party is so sensitive that they're suppressing even fictitious criticisms of them), so it doesn't seem like something Chinese nationalists would be spamming that way. You'd think that, assuming they were aware of it at all, they'd want to similarly it doesn't exist or whatever, not actively draw attention to it.

Anyway, it's over now, but Elira had an unarchived karaoke stream earlier. It was pretty good, I thought. I wish it were archived; apparently it was her thinking that things were going to be scuffed that made her decide she wasn't going to archive it rather than copyright issues or whatever, and the songs seemed to mostly be Vocaloid and anime ones, so I think she could have archived it if she wanted. The "scuffed" parts I saw (like her forgetting some lyrics for a moment) were more endearing than anything, in my opinion, and overall she was still really good.
This is from a couple days ago, but earlier today Melody's Twitch archive channel uploaded that stream. It's pretty great, yeah.

Roland Jones posted:

It's pretty wild to read about. Also probably off-topic now that I think about it though; I'll PM you and anyone else who's interested the post I had written, but basically, while a lot of poo poo went down in Beijing that night, some of it ending in bloodshed, most of it happened in places other than Tiananmen Square itself, where most of the protesters apparently left before government forces even showed up, according to sources like a Western reporter who was there interviewing students all the way until the dawn, the US embassy in Beijing, and so on.

Which is why I doubt those particular spammers are Chinese nationalists; I'd expect stuff from them to either ignore Tiananmen Square entirely or to try for some sort of, "Even the US government admits the Tiananmen Square massacre didn't happen," message with quotes from different Western sources or whatever (while hoping you don't do more research and learn that, while there wasn't a massacre in the Square, there were conflicts in other parts of Beijing that night where the death toll, according to various estimates, could be in the hundreds or even thousands). Just spamming the words "Tiananmen Square" seems more like, "Hey, remember that time the Chinese government killed a bunch of students?" Which isn't a very pro-China message, in my opinion at least. Maybe it is if you really hate college students.
It being what they're used to and them not wanting to change/it not occurring to them that they could do things a better way? People sometimes end up sticking with really inconvenient or inefficient things they could easily change for extremely minor reasons sometimes. I don't know, but it would definitely be nice if they shifted away from that, yeah. Time delays like that in games are such a pain just when playing; it has to be even worse when you're also trying to provide commentary (something that already taxes your mind somewhat and seems to fairly consistently result in streamers/LPers doing notably worse at games) while doing so.

what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLRv0b6wJlA

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

most people here know what the tiananmen square massacre is. i don't think this is the thread to go in detail on it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOQGqVDXZsQ

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofR2Xmmwiy4

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

:carol:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:yikes:

So yeah, it should go without saying, don't deny genocides and massacres.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Let's wash out the taste of that by watching this video of Nene saying hexagon,

Let's watch it every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdMxDzPIcsw

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sharkitten posted:

Let's wash out the taste of that by watching this video of Nene saying hexagon,

Let's watch it every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdMxDzPIcsw

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjNEMl4MlMM

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Painapple...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belan
May 7, 2007
Calli's mystery guest is probably Gigguk, I'm guessing. Pretty sure he has a lot of hours in that game.