Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

jesus WEP posted:

gently caress those subtitles that just describe the thing that’s happening in the video

The worst ones are the ones that just ask random questions in the subtitles and never provide the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Abongination posted:

The worst ones are the ones that just ask random questions in the subtitles and never provide the answer.
The most useless were the ones I encountered today: automatically generated Korean subtitles (the only ones available) on a Japanese YouTube video that, when automatically translated into English, were about something entirely different than anything that was going on at any time in the video.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Unto every age is born a Frank Welker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUjcr87XfM

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

freeedr posted:

I’m going to have to insist

He's just putting some white bell peppers on the chicken sandwich

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

freeedr posted:

I’m going to have to insist

Burger King's take on "I'd Hit It!"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Hirayuki posted:

The most useless were the ones I encountered today: automatically generated Korean subtitles (the only ones available) on a Japanese YouTube video that, when automatically translated into English, were about something entirely different than anything that was going on at any time in the video.

"Is this this?"

Truly a question for the ages. What IS this? Can we ever know? What if it's NOT this? Can we still become E-Mart? :ohdear:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Make it add a Seinfeld slap bass sting and we'll be in business

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Spent like a minute looking at this thinking it might be loss or something like that until I realized it's just useless.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

it's just useless.

That's math for you.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Until it has the 80's sitcom "serious talk" music anytime a dramatic scene plays, not worth my time.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

SyNack Sassimov posted:

"Is this this?"

Truly a question for the ages. What IS this? Can we ever know? What if it's NOT this? Can we still become E-Mart? :ohdear:

It’s it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fister Roboto posted:

Spent like a minute looking at this thinking it might be loss or something like that until I realized it's just useless.

Same here. Read it about five times to convince myself it was actually saying A=B therefore A=B.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

:golfclap:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Same here. Read it about five times to convince myself it was actually saying A=B therefore A=B.

Well, technically it's saying that if the measure of the angle Θ is t radians, then the sine of Θ will be the same as the sine of t radians. Sin(Θ) would not equal sin(t) if t were measured in degrees, for example.

It's like a step in a mathematical proof for going from the generic identity of the angle to the specific measure of the angle.

I see what it's doing but unless you're really into that stuff it seems pretty silly and redundant.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Deteriorata posted:

I see what it's doing but unless you're really into that stuff it seems pretty silly and redundant.

It has a strong "solving an equation and getting X = X as the answer" kind of vibe.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

What is it?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Look, it's it and that's that. :colbert:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
personally I dont think its better than the baby shoes, but its close.

https://twitter.com/samlymatters/status/1402639800172257282

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

TLDR: Alan Tudyk is a goddamn National Treasure.

Alan Tudyk was the only cast member to defend Joss Whedon. Makes you think.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Alan Tudyk was the only cast member to defend Joss Whedon. Makes you think.

Andy Tudyk? More like, "And he's a true dick," if you ask me!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Was he the one with the stories about his tudyks a couple years back

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I really don't want to bring something up that's already done but what's so funny about "saw zaw"? It's just a very normal thing people say. How many people say "alright" vs "awright"?? Or "although" vs "awthough"??

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I really don't want to bring something up that's already done but what's so funny about "saw zaw"? It's just a very normal thing people say. How many people say "alright" vs "awright"?? Or "although" vs "awthough"??

yeah but no one would type those words that way

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The same answer for all the arguments we have over pronunciations: it's regional. For some people it's the standard usage and completely normal, for other they've never ever heard that before and they think it's funny and weird

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean that’s like saying “supposebly”. After a certain age, you should learn how to speak correctly. Thats why you go take English class for 12 years in a row.

I don’t know anyone who can’t pronounce the words “alright” or “although”, but if I did, I’d definitely make fun of them.

I’ve also never heard anyone say “sawzaw” and I worked construction for 5 years.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Jun 11, 2021

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

RCarr posted:

I mean that’s like saying “supposebly”. After a certain age, you should learn how to speak correctly. Thats why you go take English class for 12 years in a row.

I don’t know anyone who can’t pronounce the words “alright” or “although”, but if I did, I’d definitely make fun of them.

I’ve also never heard anyone say “sawzaw” and I worked construction for 5 years.

Not pronouncing your ls is not the same as saying "supposebly", it's not saying a different word, it's just saying the same word a different way. Your idea of someone not speaking correctly is bullshit and borderline offensive. Language is fluid.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Except when you write it out, then it’s just wrong.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

it's not saying a different word, it's just saying the same word a different way

The dude literally spelled out "saw zaw."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bone apple tea

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

RCarr posted:

Except when you write it out, then it’s just wrong.

But how is someone who says "awright" or "awthough" pronouncing those words wrong??

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

But how is someone who says "awright" or "awthough" pronouncing those words wrong??

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The same way that just randomly not pronouncing my S’s and saying “Mississippi” as “Miiippi”. I think it’s safe to assume that would certainly be wrong.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As long as you know what they mean it's fine.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/hmoO1ER.mp4

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://youtu.be/lfIWX5vGTEk