Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I don’t think this was public knowledge but on the former iconics podcast, the one that meltzer had talked about, revealed that they had been dealing with a eating disorder for five years.
I empathize with her but let's not dig this up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It was just something mentioned. Something they mentioned later on in the episode makes me curious about their in ring ability post wwe as they lamented having to be cowardly heels needing to sell for the face in a short amount of time basically saying what could they do when the face needs a comeback and get their poo poo in, in a minute or so.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

I don’t think this was public knowledge but on the former iconics podcast, the one that meltzer had talked about, revealed that they had been dealing with a eating disorder for five years.
Sadly not the first woman to come out of that company with an eating disorder. Horrific company

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE1vY_0KCjc
Lost it at "I know you're not a wrestler"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't Bryan work Gage once?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
In his, so far, final match, yes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They just put up Lance talking about the argument with Evans, and... Lance is reading that Bret quote in a way I'm not sure anyone else ever has. He apparently sees the last part as a legit question when it's always been pretty obviously a rhetorical one.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Incessant Excess posted:

In his, so far, final match, yes.

Did Santell retire after that match too, or has he just been laying low during the pandemic?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

he got hurt shortly before the pandemic, it looked like they were building to him and gage vs bear country at the beyond new years eve show 2019. no idea if he's done now or what

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gaz-L posted:

They just put up Lance talking about the argument with Evans, and... Lance is reading that Bret quote in a way I'm not sure anyone else ever has. He apparently sees the last part as a legit question when it's always been pretty obviously a rhetorical one.
What Bret quote?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

davidbix posted:

What Bret quote?

I think it's the one that's something like "Everything we used to do was fake, and everyone thought it was real; today, the wrestlers do everything real, and everyone thinks it's fake."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

What Bret quote?

Lance has serious doubts about El Dandy, and he's not afraid to share them.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Some say they heard Lance call him "El Blandy"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamnit.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Did Santell retire after that match too, or has he just been laying low during the pandemic?

He had 15 matches after, but none since 2019.

Big Dave posted:

he got hurt shortly before the pandemic, it looked like they were building to him and gage vs bear country at the beyond new years eve show 2019. no idea if he's done now or what

Yeah, who knows if they'll try and bring it back. Nerder Death Kill was certainly winning lots.

Gaz-L posted:

I think his interpretation, while strange, was a good one for wrestlers. Remember to think about who the audience is and whether you're impressing.

I was thinking about the Harlow O'Hara - MV Young match spot that everyone hated, but:
https://twitter.com/hvrlow_/status/1398816222003843074

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1399059440750542850

And both Lance and Shane understanding that doing something dangerous or painful to prove something to yourself or other wrestlers isn't something you'll ever really stop, but wrestlers should generally remember to focus on the audience.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 14, 2021

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

It's time for an all-new Between The Striations!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1404297737168953351

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

davidbix posted:

It's time for an all-new Between The Striations!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1404297737168953351

Wasn't the '91 WBF Championship on PPV as well?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I think it's the one that's something like "Everything we used to do was fake, and everyone thought it was real; today, the wrestlers do everything real, and everyone thinks it's fake."

And the ending question "Now who're the marks?"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh my God I'm dying laughing at this Dr. Death book quiz story on Talk 'N' Shop. Gallows' impressions of Johnny Ace and Jesse/Ray Gordy add so much to the story.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

dsriggs posted:

Wasn't the '91 WBF Championship on PPV as well?
Nope. Just Coliseum Video. They showed clips on TV to hype the VHS and the WBF in general.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
LOOK AT THE STRIATIONSSSSSSSS

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol. Brian on WOL explaining that OF COURSE Joe would sign with WWE because the company isn't going out of business and it's a job for life.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

1glitch0 posted:

lol. Brian on WOL explaining that OF COURSE Joe would sign with WWE because the company isn't going out of business and it's a job for life.

....after they just fired him for no reason?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

....after they just fired him for no reason?

I guess the chat clowned on him because then he changed it to "He was unemployed and got a job offer! Why wouldn't he take it?? Sure he could get fired, anyone can get fired from any job at any time!!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The discussion on WOR on whether Meng was the evil 1000-year-old woman on NXT or not was loving hilarious.

"I saw him last year in New Japan!"
"It's been a long pandemic."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The discussion on WOR on whether Meng was the evil 1000-year-old woman on NXT or not was loving hilarious.

"I saw him last year in New Japan!"
"It's been a long pandemic."

B&V was even funnier for "Mei...Ying. Mei Ying. MeiYing. MENG!!"

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

I guess the chat clowned on him because then he changed it to "He was unemployed and got a job offer! Why wouldn't he take it?? Sure he could get fired, anyone can get fired from any job at any time!!"

That was pretty lolworthy because it sure as hell couldn't have been the only offer he got.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I’m getting pretty sick of Dave’s hand-waiving defence of WWE booking as “That’s the classic booking they’ve been doing since the beginning of time!”

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Halverine posted:

I’m getting pretty sick of Dave’s hand-waiving defence of WWE booking as “That’s the classic booking they’ve been doing since the beginning of time!”

The forever Dave and Bryan argument.

It sucked and is bad vs. yes, but it continues a legacy of sucking and being bad, therefore it’s logical.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave’s opinion seems to be that you should save your annoyance for when WWE find a new way to suck (which happens often enough anyway) and I tend to agree. He does communicate that point very poorly though, because he’s Dave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I did like Bryan responding to the guy on WOL today who said "I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight" by saying,"Have you noticed we sometimes disagree about AEW and New Japan but we don't argue about it?"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They argued for like half an episode over the Tokyo Dome booking

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's still incredible to me that someone whose entire job is communicating is so terrible at communicating.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Endless Mike posted:

It's still incredible to me that someone whose entire job is communicating is so terrible at communicating.

He's been brainwashed by 50 years of watching the most incomprehensible nonsense ever put on tape.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

That was pretty lolworthy because it sure as hell couldn't have been the only offer he got.

I know that it would be contract tampering to make official offers while they're being used but what about during the 90 day non-compete?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Arbite posted:

I know that it would be contract tampering to make official offers while they're being used but what about during the 90 day non-compete?

Is it contract tampering? That’s typically a league enforced rule for given sports. I don’t think there’s any actual enforceable law that says you can’t negotiate while under contract.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
How could it even be contract tampering when someone is an independent contractor?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is it contract tampering? That’s typically a league enforced rule for given sports. I don’t think there’s any actual enforceable law that says you can’t negotiate while under contract.

It is if it’s part of their WWE contract, who knows if that’s enforceable though if anyone challenged it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE takes the clauses seriously enough that they backed off of ROH guys for awhile when ROH shot back at them while they were trying to sign Cole.

But generally they don't matter and companies just talk to whoever they want through back channels or sometimes outright.

I also agreed with Dave this morning that it isn't weird for Drew to get the fall on Lashley and I don't think anyone on the Earth cared about the deep story of Drew finally pinning Lashley with the kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I always thought that wrestlers took the 90 day no compete clauses because they were getting paid to sit at home for three months doing nothing (Which sounds great to me)

The legality might not stand up in court but if you challenge the WWE in court in anything less than a massive class-action, you're just going to get dragged along for months because the WWE can out-spend you and put off hearings almost indefinitely so by the time it's settled it's been over a year and at best you've just become so frustrated with wrestling you don't want to do it again (See: CM Punk)

Or Brock Lesner who "won" and has Vince by the balls even though he doesn't want/need the money.