Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Burns posted:

They have become my go-to shop now but i also live close enough to drive to pick up from the shop.

How good are they for maintaining stock? Have they been having issues with backorders thanks to the pandemic? My local shop in Ottawa has a pretty limited supply at the moment and they're only just getting new shipments in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

How good are they for maintaining stock? Have they been having issues with backorders thanks to the pandemic? My local shop in Ottawa has a pretty limited supply at the moment and they're only just getting new shipments in.

They seem to get restock fairly regularly, i suppose. Theyve got a good selection of tools and paints as well. Also lots of decals choices last time I went up there.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Yeah, I went to them for a decal that was sold out everywhere else. They had decent shipping to the states and even gave me a rebate on the order for some reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Today I went from 0 Messers to two P-Bandai Messers. Good day.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The mobile game Gundam Breaker is getting an animated miniseries and some kits to go alongside it.

https://en.gundam.info/news/games/01_4191.html

Some new some just recolors

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

El Burbo posted:

The mobile game Gundam Breaker is getting an animated miniseries and some kits to go alongside it.

And one is a Barbatos centaur.

Apparently, there'll be modifications to even the recolors to let you pop and swap parts easier. The Helios looks a lot like the main player Gunpla, so it might be a campaign unlock.

Game's writing was less terrible than I expected, so the anime shorts might be fun. (Also interesting how New Gundam Breaker is explicitly excluded). And even if it's not, well, we got Hathaway this year. No point in getting greedy.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
So much of that looks gloriously stupid. Obari is in charge, so it should be good.

The thing that really got me, though, was the gunpla isn't going to be available in Japan. And intended mainly for the US.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SHINING

TOE

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Livelance Heaven, that's amazing. What's next, Smallduck?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Livelance Heaven, that's amazing. What's next, Smallduck?

Daintylegs

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

(Also interesting how New Gundam Breaker is explicitly excluded).

Reminds me, I need to install that on a ps5 just to see if the menu screen makes the fan go into high speed like it does on the og PS4.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

El Burbo posted:

A lot of those recolors are fantastic, and goddamn

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Livelance Heaven and that Wing Zero with the wild color scheme are amazing. The Gundam X with the Freedom'a backpack on it upside down is... interesting? I'm intrigued by the structural changes to the kits, that's really above and beyond how Bandai usually sells Build Fighters style custom kits with new runners slapped on 10-year- old molds.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The perfect strike freedom has a really fun concept

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Hot drat!

Man, a lot of this poo poo is cool. It's gonna break my bank if I even order half of the ones I want.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 15, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

So the site says they go on sale October 2021 does that mean retail release or that is when pre-orders begin?

Also why are other series models usually like double the price or more? Is it that they're actually better quality/bigger/more complicated or does Gundam have the advantage of bulk?

Like the Eva models are rarely below $50 and Zoids are like always around $100.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 15, 2021

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

So the site says they go on sale October 2021 does that mean retail release or that is when pre-orders begin?

Also why are other series models usually like double the price or more? Is it that they're actually better quality/bigger/more complicated or does Gundam have the advantage of bulk?

It's been nearly 20 years since I did Zoids models, but from what I remember they were scaled similar to MG models, and tended to the complex side. Zoids are also more niche, so there's definitely economies of scale in play.

Couldn't say about the Evas though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zurtilik posted:

I would assume that the reason Eva, DBZ, Kamen Rider, etc. Bandai models are more expensive is because Gundam is fully owned by Sunrise, which is fully owned by Bandai, who make the models. So for the other franchises there are probably extra costs with regards to licensing and profit sharing and so on.

Zoids are made by Tomy, which is a different, smaller company that can't benefit from the economies of scale of Bandai.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Hot drat!

Man, a lot of this poo poo is cool. It's gonna break my bank if I even order half of the ones I want.

*Team America Plays*

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

The Banda Hobby site says retail sales start in November for the first wave, though half of them are PB only apparently.

Edit: The Japanese Gundam.info site actually has the same schedule as the BH website. So either they're getting a different release schedule internationally or the English site is wrong.

Either way, that had better be an all new HG Astray...

Edit edit: Murca Gundam doesn't even appear on the Japanese sites so mystery solved, this line is getting special treatment for the international release for some reason.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 15, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Is there a good way to know things will go on pre-order at places or am I just best off just checking the big sites every couple days?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zurtilik posted:

Hot drat!

I know it's probably a limitation of sticker logistics, but they should've stars-and-bars'ed the entire shield IMO. Fight with the flag of 'murica! :patriot:

What I don't get is the the red garterbelt stripe on the right thigh.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:barf:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stars and bars is the confederate flag. I'd think they'd try and avoid that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gaius Marius posted:

poo poo you're right, my bad. Stars and stripes! I knew what I meant :cripes:.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Well Manicured Man posted:

The Gundam X with the Freedom'a backpack on it upside down is... interesting?

I think it's supposed to be a successor to the protag's suit in Gunpla Battle Gundam Warfare*/Gundam Breaker Mobile, early on you're gifted the "Artemis", which is an X with Destiny's arms and big sword in that same blue and white

*I have almost certainly got this arrangement of words wrong

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gaius Marius posted:

It's a US nationalism Gundam, representing all flavours of the same ghastly concept.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know it's probably a limitation of sticker logistics,

You need to pick up some old kits, or some of the more complicated Kamen Rider Figurerises. Bandai has infinite faith in the power of stickers.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I'd 100% fall for a bunch of flag inspired national Gundam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Too bad America already has a national Gundam piloted by the greatest boxer to ever live.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

All that needs is a MASSIVE belt buckle.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Solkanar512 posted:

All that needs is a MASSIVE belt buckle.

Is that from the prequel manga?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Is that from the prequel manga?

Manga adaption of G, all 5 Shuffle alliance members and Allenby get an upgrade, not just Domon.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Zurtilik posted:

I'd 100% fall for a bunch of flag inspired national Gundam.

Me too but the US sure as hell wouldn’t be one of them

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Phy posted:

I think it's supposed to be a successor to the protag's suit in Gunpla Battle Gundam Warfare*/Gundam Breaker Mobile, early on you're gifted the "Artemis", which is an X with Destiny's arms and big sword in that same blue and white

*I have almost certainly got this arrangement of words wrong

The first one was the Artemis, which was a bootleg Destiny/X mashup without the satellite cannon. You got the Satellite Cannon later. Midseason upgrade (???) was the same idea, only it was the Destiny and Double X with some F91 for good measure. I have no idea where they're going with the upside down Freedom backpack. Seems like a step backwards to dump the Destiny's Voiture Lumiere for some VSBRs but what do I know I don't design gacha games.

I like the PSF though. Seems delightfully fiddly. I would like the Gouf Custom v. Char but I'm allergic to oversaturated colors, and I'm still seeing red afterimages when I close my eyes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Got me a robot: https://imgur.com/a/sz7Liym

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So, the store I brought my Xi vs Penelope Effects pack from went out of business, but they'd said they'd fulfill all April and May orders (and it was set as a may order) but now we're halfway through June and I haven't received a response to my inquiry emails. I'm starting to think about contacting my bank to get a charge back.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i built the Nobell Gundam! super cute and simple kit. tried out the pour type gundam markers for panel lining and i like them. also scribed some of the panel lines and interesting corners or curves a little deeper which had mixed, but mostly positive, results. i think as i do that more im getting better at it. next time i might try to add some entirely new panel lines to a kit.

i really like the beam ribbon, it's fun. its a shame this kit's so hard to find, but i'm glad I got it when it was available recently for the normal retail cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

:hellyeah: