Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I can’t even imagine being so whipped by corporate that you’d give a single gently caress about someone filling a water cup with coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Captain Monkey posted:

I can’t even imagine being so whipped by corporate that you’d give a single gently caress about someone filling a water cup with coke.

Person wanted to pick a fight with this lady for some reason, that provided the reason

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How bored are these clerks that they even bothered to watch? Who gives a gently caress?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

How bored are these clerks that they even bothered to watch? Who gives a gently caress?

I would guess it's either racism on the part of the employee in this case but in other cases managers will yell at staff for letting it happen.

Not defending any of that of course.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"Dindu Nuffins & Muzzoids" :mmmhmm:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lobster shirt posted:

"Dindu Nuffins & Muzzoids" :mmmhmm:

If there's anything that I hate more than the goddamn inane babytalk that right-wingers glom on to like stink on poo poo it doesn't come to mind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps the generation gap is that they make up weird names for race science while millenials make up weird names for animals.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps the generation gap is that they make up weird names for race science while millenials make up weird names for animals.

At least calling a snake a "danger noodle" is funny the first time you hear it. FReepers, and the far-right generally, just love this dumb poo poo. Remember a couple years back when they started the whole "Clown World" thing and talked like preschoolers who wanted a genocidal race war? That poo poo was loving dumb and annoying from the get-go.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I missed that one. But yes there is a fairly particular trend in their weird use of language. The stuff that spawned "b rock the islamic shock superallah hussein obama" is what really lodged in my head. Like stuff goes through so many mutations that it forms a virtually unintelligible cant.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

At least calling a snake a "danger noodle" is funny the first time you hear it. FReepers, and the far-right generally, just love this dumb poo poo. Remember a couple years back when they started the whole "Clown World" thing and talked like preschoolers who wanted a genocidal race war? That poo poo was loving dumb and annoying from the get-go.

Thank god Untitled Goose Game allowed the reclamation of "Honk" from them.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Senate unanimously passes a bill making Juneteenth a federal holiday

quote:

To: janetjanet998

End of slavery , the day every Democrat cried

3 posted on 06/15/2021 3:16:11 PM PDT by butlerweave
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

What do they want next, Milk’s B Day?

5 posted on 06/15/2021 3:16:24 PM PDT by rfp1234 (Comitia asinorum et rhinocerum delenda sunt.)

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

They’re scared of blacks. Even Trump tried to bribe them. Nothing in return. Do we owe them? Be honest. Oh i get it. we’re doing it for ourselves. MLK Day came at the expense of one of the presidents.

6 posted on 06/15/2021 3:17:00 PM PDT by DIRTYSECRET

quote:

To: a fool in paradise

No mention of the hypocrisy of the dems on this issue. As they were the ones who fought to the death to keep slavery going.

8 posted on 06/15/2021 3:18:04 PM PDT by JoSixChip (2020: The year of unreported truths. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

Yeah bending over for BLM terrorists will win you some black votes . Republicans are pathetic worms. If it HAS to be a holiday it should just be one for the state of Texas. It makes no sense for it to be a holiday at the federal level. Rolling over for cry baby blacks is only going to lead to more BLM violence.

9 posted on 06/15/2021 3:18:57 PM PDT by escapefromboston (Free Assange )

quote:

Unanimous? Nice to see the Republicans are nice and bipartisan for a change.

Yet another day for freelance reparations collection.

Now there are three federal holidays for African Americans. Martin Luther King's Birthday, George Floyd Memorial Day, and this.
11 posted on 06/15/2021 3:19:37 PM PDT by Salman (It's not a "slippery slope" if it was part of the program all along. )

quote:

So do we get rid of July 4th to compensate?

12 posted on 06/15/2021 3:20:01 PM PDT by BobL (I shop at Walmart and eat at McDonald's, I just don't tell anyone, like most here.)

quote:

To: escapefromboston

It is a day of freedom. Worth celebrating.

Tell them we also want a day to recognize the victims of Communism.

15 posted on 06/15/2021 3:20:49 PM PDT by a fool in paradise (Lean on Joe Biden to follow Donald Trump's example and donate his annual salary to charity.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

I have nothing against commemorating that day, but the term “Juneteenth” has always bothered me. It glorifies imprecision and the sloppy use of language.

19 posted on 06/15/2021 3:22:34 PM PDT by Steve_Seattle

loving Federal Employees and their days off! :argh:

quote:

The only people that benefit from these ‘crap’ holidays are: Federal and state employees and banks. The rest of us smucks have to keep working

23 posted on 06/15/2021 3:23:43 PM PDT by LibertyWoman ("Where there is no law, there is no liberty." Benjamin Rush)

quote:

Great. Another day for freeloading Federal and state employees to not work. They’re already busy figuring out how to parlay this into a 3 1/2 day or four day weekend.....

25 posted on 06/15/2021 3:24:51 PM PDT by neodad (USS Vincennes (CG-49) Freedom's Fortress )

quote:

Its a holiday because a bunch of blacks and antia burnt down the country over the summer. It’s not woth celebrating and probably in a few years no one will ever mention it again anyway.

24 posted on 06/15/2021 3:24:43 PM PDT by escapefromboston (Free Assange )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

But where's my White History Month tho?

quote:

When will the Senate propose an old white dude day for the dudes who built this country?

30 posted on 06/15/2021 3:29:11 PM PDT by chuckee

:actually: this is good for Republicans!

quote:

To: Salman

Actually, you are looking at it wrong.

This is a Republican holiday !

37 posted on 06/15/2021 3:32:27 PM PDT by Pikachu_Dad ("the media are selling you a line of soap)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

This is disgusting. No mention of the men who sacrificed to free the slaves. No mention of the families torn apart by the war. Pathetic!

39 posted on 06/15/2021 3:33:19 PM PDT by ThomasNast (2350)

quote:

Tell them we also want a day to recognize the victims of Communism.

I want a day recognizing all the White Soldiers who fought and died freeing the slaves. (For all the drat' good that did our country ... just look at how they act and behave now.)

43 posted on 06/15/2021 3:40:37 PM PDT by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))

quote:

Just what America needs, another federal holiday. More folks getting paid for not working.

50 posted on 06/15/2021 3:50:21 PM PDT by Tudorfly (All things are possible within the will of God.)

quote:

Memorial Day

Nope. If blacks get "Juneteenth" to celebrate their freedom from slavery riot to get more free stuff, then I want a holiday specifically to celebrate the white soldiers who freed them.

Fair's fair.
55 posted on 06/15/2021 3:59:52 PM PDT by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

quote:

At first I thought that headlines was “a feral holiday.”

61 posted on 06/15/2021 4:16:21 PM PDT by WashingtonSource

:irony:

quote:

And yet another holiday to endlessly gin up grievances.

64 posted on 06/15/2021 4:39:14 PM PDT by LuxAerterna

quote:

White people will be fined and/or jailed if they are found “celebrating” in anyway.
Unless you are white and a federal union member...er...employee.

65 posted on 06/15/2021 4:39:42 PM PDT by Cletus.D.Yokel (Patriots, stop looking at the politicians as enemies. Look at the complicit Legacy Media.)

quote:

It just started last summer.

IMO, it’s part of the plan to divorce us from our history and heritage as a nation. It’s a little bit at a time.

Cancel the usual holidays cause of COVID, Start adding new ones one at a time, and then gradually phase out the other ones.

Then a new generation will grow up knowing NOTHING about our history and what makes us America.

They can officially cancel holidays and observances, but we as individuals can keep celebrating them and letting our kids know why.

Although, under bidens’ snitch program, maybe those who do will be considered potentially radicalized, and get reported on their snitch lines for their trip to the government’s re-education camps.

66 posted on 06/15/2021 4:40:57 PM PDT by metmom (...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.)

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

Can’t have aunt Jemima because she was dressed as a stereo typical house slave, but we can have a federal holiday that is named using the incorrect English that a poor uneducated slave would use.

69 posted on 06/15/2021 4:44:02 PM PDT by 98charlie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

This may turn into an annual Riot/Burn Your City Down For Reparations Day.

71 posted on 06/15/2021 4:49:59 PM PDT by PROCON (Our rights do not come from government, therefore they cannot take them away.)

quote:

How do I get rid of Juneteenth on my Android’s calendar, which automatically populates holidays (as if “Juneteenth” is an actual holiday)? I can’t make it go away!

74 posted on 06/15/2021 4:54:00 PM PDT by MayflowerMadam (Faith, not fear. Faith, not faintheartedness.)

I wonder how that happened? :iiam:

quote:

Celebrate the republican defeat of democrat slavery. Of course, do that and they ALL bring up “the southern strategy” that magically transformed all racist white democrats to Republicans and the democrat party the party of “people of color.”

81 posted on 06/15/2021 5:21:55 PM PDT by Organic Panic (Democrats. Memories as short as Joe Biden's eyes.)

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
AG Merrick Garland: Domestic Terrorists Fighting For the “Superiority of the White Race” Are the Greatest Threat to the US (VIDEO)

quote:

To: artichokegrower
He really means Patriots and he calls them white supremacist.One General back in the 90’s was quoted as saying the biggest threat to the US was the Patriot. Their plan has been in place a long time.

9 posted on 6/15/2021, 6:50:24 PM by Carry me back (Cut the feds by 90%)

quote:

To: Carry me back
Remember the “Domestic Extremist Lexicon” that the DHS put out under obama?

Patriots and veterans. We’re right back to the obama agenda because the same crew is running the show but from behind the scenes.

30 posted on 06/15/2021 7:07:58 PM PDT by Pollard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Carry me back
The biggest threat to Marxist globalism is the patriot.

34 posted on 06/15/2021 7:08:40 PM PDT by The_Media_never_lie (Joe Biden is PRINO (President in Name Only).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

Jan 6th

planned and brought to you by the FBI

which makes them....

10 posted on 06/15/2021 6:50:45 PM PDT by blueplum ("...this moment is your moment: it belongs to you... " President Donald J. Trump, Jan 20, 2017) )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

It's not really coded when you blatantly state it, is it?

quote:

Dems, the Deep State, and RINO’s talk of this all the time. Nowhere that I have seen has any evidence of such ever been presented. Meanwhile, the BLM / Antifa have caused many millions of dollars in property damage, killed numerous people and not a word about them from any of the aforementioned gov’t officials.
The Truth is, White Supremacist Threat is Code for Patriotic Americans. Especially, Trump-Supporting Patriotic Americans.

15 posted on 6/15/2021, 6:54:39 PM by ocrp1982 ( Bibicly)

quote:

Nobody talks like that.

These people are nuts.

17 posted on 6/15/2021, 6:57:51 PM by Uncle Miltie (I'm changing my name to 'Spike Protein'!)

quote:

One man’s domestic terrorists is another man’s Patriots.

20 posted on 6/15/2021, 7:00:10 PM by EvilCapitalist (I voted for prosperity, and I got poverty.)

quote:

To: Uncle Miltie
Does anyone know a white supremacist? They must be as rare as an ivory billed woodpecker. Anybody?

22 posted on 06/15/2021 7:00:46 PM PDT by packagingguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: packagingguy
To the left a white supremacist is anyone who wishes the white man to remain the majority in any western country.

41 posted on 06/15/2021 7:12:48 PM PDT by EvilCapitalist (I voted for prosperity, and I got poverty.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies ]
I believe this would fit the literal definition of a white supremacist?

quote:

Where the hell are these “white supremacists” I keep hearing so much about? Why, from the sounds of it, they must be everywhere. Why is it they’re something like bigfoot or aliens from another planet if they’re such a tremendous threat?

This is some real boogie-man-under-the-bed crap.

Unless…

…it’s about something else?

49 posted on 6/15/2021, 7:18:14 PM by Magnatron

quote:

AG Merrick Garland: Domestic Terrorists American Patriots Fighting For the “Superiority of the White Race Western Civilization” Are the Greatest Threat to the US (VIDEO)
52 posted on 6/15/2021, 7:22:05 PM by nonsporting (To relieve sickness, sometimes one must hurl.)

Riiiiight :rolleyes:

quote:

This is the biggest straw man ever constructed in US history. I suspect many people will be arrested and spend time in solitary before they are released or just disappear in prison. This is a Communist regime. It did not come to power the traditional way but it did come to power and that power will be consolidated. When it is regarded as safe, the persecutions and disappearances will begin in earnest, and the show trials.

25 posted on 6/15/2021, 7:02:51 PM by arthurus ( covfefe_c)

OBAMA :byodood:

quote:

Everyone here knows that these are obama orders, right?

He’s having the time of his life, pushing radical moves and hanging them around the buffoon bidens neck, while he sips champaign in Martha’s Vineyard and maintains his history as a nice moderate Democrat. He may sleep late and goof around all day, but he’s not as dumb as everyone here gives him credit for, I’m afraid.

29 posted on 6/15/2021, 7:07:13 PM by americas.best.days... ( Donald John Trump has pulled the sword from the stone.)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

To the left a white supremacist is anyone who wishes the white man to remain the majority in any western country.

Yes.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

MaoistBanker posted:

I love when "Lenora Thompson, Patriot Writer" posts because even her insanity is too much for Freep:

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3955654/posts

This is the only thing that actually shocked me about the right-wing response to the pandemic: after a year of bitching about how inconvenienced they are that they couldn't get back to normal and go to all the places and see all the people they're used to, they're now refusing to get back to normal and going out of their way to shun vaccinated people.

Like, I didn't expect them to keep denying the virus and getting sick to own the libs, and to double down even after prominent Republicans like Herman Cain loving died of it, but I wasn't exactly surprised either. This surprises me though: so they do understand sacrificing convenience for public safety, they just only want to do it for stupid poo poo like "vaccine spike protein shedding" and not real poo poo like shedding an actual deadly loving disease.

Or maybe it's just spite/pettiness. They took people not wanting to come to house parties during a pandemic (especially with people who think it's fake and therefore take no precautions) as some kind of personal slight against them, so in their culture-war brains now they need to get even: you did it to me because of the pandemic you say, well then I'll find a reason to do it back to you!

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 16, 2021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

This is the only thing that actually shocked me about the right-wing response to the pandemic: after a year of bitching about how inconvenienced they are that they couldn't get back to normal and go to all the places and see all the people they're used to, they're now refusing to get back to normal and going out of their way to shun vaccinated people.

Like, I didn't expect them to keep denying the virus and getting sick to own the libs, and to double down even after prominent Republicans like Herman Cain loving died of it, but I wasn't exactly surprised either. This surprises me though: so they do understand sacrificing convenience for public safety, they just only want to do it for stupid poo poo like "vaccine spike protein shedding" and not real poo poo like shedding an actual deadly loving disease.

Or maybe it's just spite/pettiness. They took people not wanting to come to house parties during a pandemic (especially with people who think it's fake and therefore take no precautions) as some kind of personal slight against them, so in their culture-war brains now they need to get even: you did it to me because of the pandemic you say, well then I'll find a reason to do it back to you!

The only consistency in the far right is their enormous sense of grievance that they try to satisfy at every turn.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Do you think the gently caress heads who cry about all the White Boys that died to end slavery would have a stroke if they found out that 1 out of every 10 union soldiers was black, as were 1 out of every 10 union dead despite those soldiers not being allowed to enlist during the first half of the war, and those 1 out of 10 represented a far greater percentage of the total black population of the nation than the 9 white soldiers?

Hell, at the start of the war there were only about 480,000 free black PEOPLE in the US. I don't know all the demographics and what percentage of enlistees were emancipated slaves vs those who were free before the war, but I would say a CONSERVATIVE estimate would be that something like a quarter to a third of all black men who COULD join did so.

Guess we know who the REAL patriots were, huh? Maybe they better start thanking every black man they see for saving their country for them. (Just kidding, we all know they're Lost Causer Neo Confederates who hate the Union and this information would make them hate black people more for being instrumental in the Confederacy's defeat.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sanguinia posted:

Do you think the gently caress heads who cry about all the White Boys that died to end slavery would have a stroke if they found out that 1 out of every 10 union soldiers was black, as were 1 out of every 10 union dead despite those soldiers not being allowed to enlist during the first half of the war, and those 1 out of 10 represented a far greater percentage of the total black population of the nation than the 9 white soldiers?

Hell, at the start of the war there were only about 480,000 free black PEOPLE in the US. I don't know all the demographics and what percentage of enlistees were emancipated slaves vs those who were free before the war, but I would say a CONSERVATIVE estimate would be that something like a quarter to a third of all black men who COULD join did so.

Guess we know who the REAL patriots were, huh? Maybe they better start thanking every black man they see for saving their country for them. (Just kidding, we all know they're Lost Causer Neo Confederates who hate the Union and this information would make them hate black people more for being instrumental in the Confederacy's defeat.)

Ah, but they didn't teach you in school that the democrats were pro-slavery. What do you say to that? OWNED by facts and logic.

Anyway here fifteen paragraphs about how Robert E. Lee known democrat was the greatest american hero of all

One thing that consistently impresses me is the delusion that anyone even vaguely close to the islamo-judeo-satano-marxists they fear gives a poo poo about the Democratic Party as an organization. They suck. Yes. And?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 16, 2021

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

Democrats. Memories as short as Joe Biden's eyes.

I just do not understand this one.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

I just do not understand this one.

"Short eyes" is slang for a child molester so I'm assuming there is some kind of accusation there? Like, a Qanon flavor to it?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OH so just because I'm actively working to keep white men in a position of superior power over other races I'm a white supremacist?

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 16, 2021

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love how many comments in Freep are "Oh, so just because I meet the <literal definition> of a <term>, I am a <term>?! PC GONE MAD!!!"

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

DarkCrawler posted:

I love how many comments in Freep are "Oh, so just because I meet the <literal definition> of a <term>, I am a <term>?! PC GONE MAD!!!"

"...but you gently caress just one goat..."

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

DarkCrawler posted:

My favorite variation of this is "I'm not homophobic, there's nothing scary about gay people! They're just infiltrating all of our institutions, taking over America, and corrupting our youth, so they must be stopped at all costs, or else God is going to kill us all."

Like, sure, buddy, you aren't scared of anything.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lipids: "we're not hydrophobic! That's fear of water, we just don't like it and won't let it near us if we can help it, we're not afraid!"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Fox seems to be running an article once a day with the headline, "HARRIS HAS NOT VISITED THE BORDER (HER SWORN AND SACRED DUTY) IN THE LAST THIRTY-TWO DAYS!!!"

Of course the comments are filled with actual terroristic threats combined with gross sexual harassment!

With likes!

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Boy freep is mad about Juneteenth

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3968647/posts

quote:

To: MarvinStinson
Equally as worthy as the time I found my keys hammered.
Super negro fatigue…

5 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:04:32 AM by EEGator
Ah yes, notably overpaid profession public school teachers :psyduck:

quote:

To: P.O.E.
hopefully most schools will be already closed down for the summer vacation and our dear $100,000 teachers won’t get another paid day off on top of the half a year they get already.

13 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:09:21 AM by cherry (we are the dominionated)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Seruzawa
No June. And expect a move to do away with 4th of July as a holiday to compensate for the new day off. You are witnessing the destruction of our country’s history and culture and no one is saying enough.

15 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:10:39 AM by redangus

quote:

To: Reily
“SENSE” LEFT AMERICAN CULTURAL LIFE WHEN “THE GREAT SOCIETY” ENTERED. BEFORE “THE GREAT SOCIETY” THERE WAS STILL A PRETENSE. NOW WE ARE DEAD CENTER IN THE REALM OF INSANITY.

UNBELIEVABLE!

36 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:02:56 AM by TigerHawk (The Raised Middle Finger in the Clenched Fist of the World)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TigerHawk
You can use lower caps in your sentences.

37 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:04:08 AM by Reily
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Reily
I CAN’T. I’M GOING BLIND, AND I NEED THE CAPS TO SEE AND CORRECT MY NUMEROUS TYPOS, I’VE EXPLAINED THE REASON MANY TIMES BEFORE. I’M NOT “SHOUTING”. BEAR WITH ME PLEASE/

38 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:22:52 AM by TigerHawk (The Raised Middle Finger in the Clenched Fist of the World)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]
Biden to sign Juneteenth bill, creating first new federal holiday in decades

quote:

To: Red Badger
Yay! More days off for worthless gov workers.

13 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:28:53 AM by Beagle8U ("Jim Acosta pissed in the shallow end of the press pool.")

quote:

STUPID illiterate name for a holiday, that doesn’t even mark when something actually happened. It’s a local thing just like the stupid Cinco deMayo. Exploded into a huge National thing in just a couple years.

And al” to celebrate RIOTERS.

Sick of this PC Shiite.

19 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:45:18 AM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Federal-run medical care is as good as state-run DMVs. I )

quote:

Two black federal holidays. Zero for other races.

20 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:45:34 AM by UnwashedPeasant (Trump is the last legally elected U.S. President.)
They are really afraid that this will somehow be the end of the Fourth of July

quote:

To: 1Old Pro
Being only a few weeks removed from July 4th, I expect now them to start proposing to eliminate July 4th as a holiday.

24 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:47:57 AM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: PGR88
As far as I’m concerned we don’t need any Federal Holidays. If you want Christmas off, take a vacation day. Lots of people work on Christmas.

30 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:51:52 AM by wrcase
Celebrating the blacks! On my sisters birthday!

quote:

To: carriage_hill
I hate it even more because it is MY SISTER’s birthday, may she Rest In Peace. Disgusting.

54 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:07:03 AM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Federal-run medical care is as good as state-run DMVs. I )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

quote:

To: the OlLine Rebel
It is NOT a date! It’s an illiterate idiotic conglomeration of words.
I think that's the worst part of it. An Ebonics holiday!

59 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:09:12 AM by Rummyfan (In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel.d)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

Trust me, this is the forerunner to replacing Independence Day, July 4th, with this.

It’s coming.

79 posted on 6/17/2021, 12:36:28 PM by cld51860 (We’re doomed.)
Federal Workers Will Get Friday Off to Observe Juneteenth (already?)

quote:

Government employees would celebrate Adolf Hitler’s birthday if it meant a day off with pay.

12 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:38:23 AM by reg45 (Barack 0bama: Gone but not forgiven.)

quote:

The same Federal Freeloaders who have been getting paid for doing nothing for 15 months?

17 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:42:29 AM by G Larry (Force the Universities to use their TAX FREE ENDOWMENTS to pay off Student loan debt!!!)

quote:

To: ChildOfThe60s
Actually, with all those millions of federal “workers” at home, that is one less day for mischief and theft of our money. I’d be happy to pay them to stay home 365 days every year. It would be FAR, FAR cheaper than having them “work” to destroy our lives and freedoms.

20 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:44:19 AM by ProtectOurFreedom ("Pour les vaincre il faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Southside_Chicago_Republican
Another step in removing July 4 from history.

25 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:49:02 AM by Skywise

quote:

So when are they getting rid of the old Independence Day?

29 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:57:43 AM by kaehurowing

quote:

ANOTHER freebie for Blacks - at WHITE Working Class EXPENSE!!!!

MORE undeserved holidays for a “race” that has done next to NOTHING , not only for the US, but for THEIR OWN HOMELANDS, and bring only destruction and devolution EVERYWHERE they live!!!!

MORE opportunities for TNB!!!! With all the leftist excuses when “Freaknik” style TNB breaks out, and there are White / non Black victims!!!!

WHAT “White Privilege”?????!!!!!

43 posted on 6/17/2021, 11:39:53 AM by PhineasSpear (PhineasSpear)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

Government employees would celebrate Adolf Hitler’s birthday if it meant a day off with pay.

12 posted on 6/17/2021, 10:38:23 AM by reg45 (Barack 0bama: Gone but not forgiven.)
Hell yeah! :2bong:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Man, to freepers absolutely everything is a zero sum game

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
What's this weird fear of July 4th going away?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Replacement

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Big “they’re outlawing Christmas” energy

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

it's literally them pretending that there cannot be more federal holidays, so therefore making Juneteenth a federal holiday means one must be erased, and July 4 is the closest sooooooooo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Both Independence Day and Christmas (as public holidays) are not on July 4th or December 25th this year. War lost freepailures. :smug:

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

it's literally them pretending that there cannot be more federal holidays, so therefore making Juneteenth a federal holiday means one must be erased, and July 4 is the closest sooooooooo

It's also the fact that the official name for Juneteenth is "Juneteenth National Independence Day" and in freep's tiny lizard brain there can only be one "Independence Day" which means the lieburals are trying to take away the Fourth.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
What is TNB?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I don't know if these posts are representative or just a sampling of the worst, but they seem madder about this than the Chauvin verdict. :allears:

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

What is TNB?

From my cursory googling, it appears to be a keyword tag that freep has on a suspiciously high number of posts dealing with black people. According to Urban dictionary it stands for "Total N------ Bullshit"

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler
Freep: I’M GOING BLIND, AND I NEED THE CAPS TO SEE

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Finnankainen posted:

From my cursory googling, it appears to be a keyword tag that freep has on a suspiciously high number of posts dealing with black people. According to Urban dictionary it stands for "Total N------ Bullshit"

Mama mia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Lord Hydronium posted:

I don't know if these posts are representative or just a sampling of the worst, but they seem madder about this than the Chauvin verdict. :allears:

They could write that off as an aberration, this is going to stick around for at least a decade or two :allears: