Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

KING CRIMSON KING CRIMSON KING CRIMSON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/tie0510/status/1397111180083175425

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

Still hoping Yasuho discovers she can attach nuts and bolts to cyberspace now or something like that

Nut Bing Call

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This JoJo fan music channel is criminally underrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PI9CszFbtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtkRhrPkzFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT3QdiUXdfI

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 3, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Gradjojolion

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I like most of them, but they don't really sound "Jojo-y" to me.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Ok so the next Rohan one shot is gonna be about an evil vibrating chair

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Ok so the next Rohan one shot is gonna be about an evil vibrating chair

Rohan goes to Hawaii

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Epilepsy warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meumbz4Ba_4

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 11, 2021

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im going to be so old by the time this is animated :negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2021/06/17/jojolion-108/

... is jojolion nearly finished? feels abrupt!

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
kramering into the thread to say that I really liked this latest chapter. Araki's really picked up the pace lately, which I appreciate a lot. Josuke "go beyond" and everything with tooru and WoU fading away was beautifully drawn. There's some more loose threads but it feels like this part's almost done. The question is if Araki continues or retires. Hopefully he continues, but he definately deserves a break

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

With how hard Araki has worked for so long, and after the death of Miura and so many mangaka taking health breaks, I'd like Araki to retire if he has even the slightest health concern (we don't know him to have any)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That was weirdly drawn out and yet at the same time weirdly abrupt. Pretty art but I dunno how satisfying of an outcome that was.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

With how hard Araki has worked for so long, and after the death of Miura and so many mangaka taking health breaks, I'd like Araki to retire if he has even the slightest health concern (we don't know him to have any)

We can't have him taking a break now, right when we're reaching the halfway point of jojolion!

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress, double posted

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if there's some Paper Moon shenanigans going on? How did Gappy show up that quickly? A couple chapters ago he was sending the Spin+ through Yasuho's phone, and in-universe it's been like maybe 5 minutes since then.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

chances are we'll get some epilogue stuff coming up that might expound on a few things

beyond that i've definitely liked this ending sequence more than part 5's, for example. it's decent. not every single one of them is going to be a 4 or 7, so that's fine. i'll want to reread it as a whole again sometime sooner or later but in general i've liked part 8 as a weird snapshot of some incredibly bizarre people dealing with some incredibly personal issues.

honestly given things that have happened if araki says he wants to retire after part 8 then i'd be fine with that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm not sure how I feel about basically the last twenty chapters. it'll be interesting to see what Araki is interested in doing next

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So I guess the flash-forward was just retconned. I guess having Norisuke in the body bag that Tsurugi was holding during it was a way of sort of acknowledging it, maybe?

I don’t know, this feels like a good end to the last battle and it works thematically but there are still so many minor plot points that were just kind of dropped. It seems like the main plot is all wrapped up but I feel like there should still be more to the story.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

This was a very abrupt chapter. But since this battle has been going on for like two years, i'd rather it be done than dragging it out any further. Still, I would consider this fight to be near the lower end of the quality scale for final jojo boss fights.

So are we approaching the end of Jojolion? It doesn't feel like there many plot threads left to touch upon. The only thing that needs addressing now is Holly's fate.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DemoneeHo posted:

The only thing that needs addressing now is Holly's fate.

Oh that's a great point, if the Rokakaka is actually destroyed (which I don't believe for a moment) then Holly's curse can't be cured. Yeah I'm more convinced there's Paper Moon shenanigans going on, especially after the fusion. There should've been *something* of Tooru's fused with Tsurugi, figures it'd be his Stand.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

DemoneeHo posted:

The only thing that needs addressing now is Holly's fate.
A lot of other stuff hasn't been explained. The origin of the Wall Eyes, the bitemarks, the strange man Josuke saw in a vision. Lot of unanswered questions.

That did seem abrupt, either way. On the other hand, they've been fighting this one Stand for like, two years now and as cool as it was I was really ready for it to be over. And with Tooru gone, there was no one else to take the mantle as the REAL final villain of the part.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean keep in mind, again, there will probably be epilogue kinda stuff and i'm sure it'll probably cover at least a few things

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaato... :qq:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

She died as she lived... in only a few chapters.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SKULL.GIF posted:

How did Gappy show up that quickly?

It was a REALLY fast ambulance

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh that's a great point, if the Rokakaka is actually destroyed (which I don't believe for a moment) then Holly's curse can't be cured. Yeah I'm more convinced there's Paper Moon shenanigans going on, especially after the fusion. There should've been *something* of Tooru's fused with Tsurugi, figures it'd be his Stand.

I don't think it's a fusion that happened, as least not like what happened with Josuke. For that kind of thing you'd need a burial

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's a Morioh Ambulance everybody, they always arrive when it's most convenient.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

She died as she lived... in only a few chapters.

I laughed :smith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I feel like I really need to read this as a whole. I don't think I can judge it fairly as it's the only part I've read as it came out.

Hell of a grandma you got, Tsurugi.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:kstare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rereading the chapter, more closely... Tooru ate the fruit prior to first contact, but then Kaato feeds rokakaka sap to Tsurugi, which is apparently what sends the exchange into overdrive. It looks like at first Tooru began pulling something (presumably the curse) from Tsurugi. After Tsurugi was fed sap, he began pulling from Tooru too at the same time. It's at the exact moment Tsurugi opens his eyes that Tooru dies and has his dying memory of the hornet.

Having finished the reread, I thought maybe I'm wrong, maybe this really was played straight, Gappy does show up to oraora Wonder of U Remnant into bits and it's a happy ending.

I went back to look at the flash-forward (chapter 83 (holy gently caress)). The big narration here IMMEDIATELY caught my eye as the language mirrors Yasuho's narration from today's chapter, particularly the part about "shape of one's heart"...:

In particular the 4th page there (page 22) reads like it's strongly implying that Tsurugi's Stand has evolved/will evolve.

The paper frog lurking in Norisuke's body bag in pretty much the exact same position as Wonder of U is real interesting.

Also, incidentally, while digging through past chapters of Jojolion, I happened to reread the Vitamin C fight and the flashback in color for the first time and it's so good wow.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I don't know how to feel about this because JoJolion is so good but at the same time it's so frustrating, you know?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

You know, it's nice for things to be happening, but I still REALLY hope we're not quite done here.

If this is really how Jobin ends up, I'm... somewhat disappointed for how much of a major player he was. I get every other characters' death. There was a point to it, they did because of their actions, it was ultimately their character's traits that led them to it. Jobin?

He got into this mess, then got Final Destination'd without any further decision. What's the point? Aaaaaah

I'm just mad even though I should REALLY not be surprised

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

You know, it's nice for things to be happening, but I still REALLY hope we're not quite done here.

If this is really how Jobin ends up, I'm... somewhat disappointed for how much of a major player he was. I get every other characters' death. There was a point to it, they did because of their actions, it was ultimately their character's traits that led them to it. Jobin?

He got into this mess, then got Final Destination'd without any further decision. What's the point? Aaaaaah

I'm just mad even though I should REALLY not be surprised

The point is Jobin thinking he was in control of a situation he never had control of and eating poo poo for it?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

The point is Jobin thinking he was in control of a situation he never had control of and eating poo poo for it?

Fair enough

I still want Josuke to punch him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I would be very surprised if Jojolion ended without revisiting the Wall Eyes one last time or without getting a second fusion character to go alongside Gappy.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 18, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

prepare to be surprised

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

For those who read ch108

This chapter is fake as gently caress. Araki is trying to trick you. Nothing you saw happened. gently caress this fake rear end lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

I don't know how to feel about this because JoJolion is so good but at the same time it's so frustrating, you know?

After Steel Ball Run redeemed Araki for parts 5 and 6, I feel really conflicted by the far more rollercoaster nature of Part 8. When it's good, it's really good (Vitamin C) but then it drags on and has some bummer arcs that just leave a bad taste in the mouth (this one).