Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

chiasaur11 posted:

Man with a Mission is doing the next OP, for whatever that's worth.

Combine that with a LoV theme, we could get something really fun.
Wait what? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Wait what? Really?

Yup.

At least, that seems to be the case, if my sources aren't lying.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MAN WITH A MISSION feels like such a perfect fit for MVA.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hoping the ED is Shigaraki at home with his family, him playing with his sister, dog, etc.

Then after the episode where that happens, it's the same ED but he's alone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speed scans
https://w26.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-317/

Midoriya... :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

horikoshi while drawing that final panel: "hell yeah! gently caress yeah, dude! hell yes!! this kicks rear end!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, I hope this is leading to the rest of the class showing up to knock some sense into Deku before he burns himself out.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if that's a translation error that Deku can straight up use 100% now. that's a big jump, right?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How many votes will All Might's Bento get in the next character poll?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Deku still looks so godamn cool

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Black Swordsman Arc begins anew

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is one of the better chapters in a while. Some serious discussion, a few great panels, and the last page!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I wonder if that's a translation error that Deku can straight up use 100% now. that's a big jump, right?

If it isn't a translation error I'm willing to bet it's a huge lie to try and make himself seem tougher to All Might.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Against Nagant he could do pseudo-100% moves with the kinetic energy buildup quirk. That's what it seems like this is referring to.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 18, 2021

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Scholtz posted:

Hoping the ED is Shigaraki at home with his family, him playing with his sister, dog, etc.

Then after the episode where that happens, it's the same ED but he's alone.

Or they just sub in AfO doing what the family was doing, making pot roast in an apron and what not

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Anyone remember what chapter the LoV was hanging out in a warehouse? Right before/when they talked to Overhaul, I wanna see how close the parallels are.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapters 124 and 125, I think? Mostly the latter.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Thank you. The thematic mirroring is pretty clear, but I'm not seeing any one to one panel repetition.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rhonne posted:

Man, I hope this is leading to the rest of the class showing up to knock some sense into Deku before he burns himself out.
Yeah this is 110% what's going to happen.

Since they showed Stain was stalking him and All Might I wonder if Deku is going to go up against him thinking it'll be easy with the power he has now, get caught, and then bailed out by the others.

Though who knows, since he didn't attack him already maybe Stain will be the one doing the saving.

God I just realized how great it is that Stain shows up now that Deku has joined him in going full edgy 90s art style.

This is the most excited I've been for MHA since the peak of MVA.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 18, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

I know it would rub some the wrong way, but if Bakugo was able to just shut Deku down still it would be pretty funny. I'd be down for it. Truthfully, it will probably be something closer to Bakugo leading the entire team against Deku and demonstrating the value in a team even when you're explosion murder king.

This is all under the assumption that this even happens, of course.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sindai posted:

Yeah this is 110% what's going to happen.

Since they showed Stain was stalking him and All Might I wonder if Deku is going to go up against him thinking it'll be easy with the power he has now, get caught, and then bailed out by the others.

Though who knows, since he didn't attack him already maybe Stain will be the one doing the saving.

God I just realized how great it is that Stain shows up now that Deku has joined him in going full edgy 90s art style.

This is the most excited I've been for MHA since the peak of MVA.

Stain's secret quirk: Therapy.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I'm more excited to see what STAIN has to say on the situation. He spared Midorya once, will he help him or want to kill him now?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cool kids inc. posted:

I'm more excited to see what STAIN has to say on the situation. He spared Midorya once, will he help him or want to kill him now?

Midoriya isn’t being very heroic right now so I would say the latter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
isn’t he though? He’s pushing heroic self-sacrifice to the extreme at the moment. He looks edgy but he’s everything Stain thought a hero should be. It would be funny if Stain seeing him like this makes him reconsider how unhealthy his ideology is

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Midoriya isn’t being very heroic right now so I would say the latter

Depends on your perspective. You could say Deku is being extremely heroic - he's rescuing people and fighting villains completely selflessly, with little thought to his own needs and wellbeing.

I kinda want Stain to step in and be a voice of reason here, tell him he's taking it too far.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Deku being a terrifying street-cleaning gremlin is so good :allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cool kids inc. posted:

judging from the panel composition I think Stain's gonna go talk to All Might first. Must be a bit of a surprise seeing that your one true hero is now a scrawny feeble skeleton

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Punished Deku had better be standard in all MHA games from here on out.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
a bit late for this but I like that scrawny All Might was able to take down the 2 goons who attacked him earlier

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

He's talking about the faux 100% he used with Fa Jin against Lady Nagant.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

He's talking about the faux 100% he used with Fa Jin against Lady Nagant.

I think it's probably this but it also wouldn't surprise me if it's meant to just straight up be a lie to put All Might at ease

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I know it would rub some the wrong way, but if Bakugo was able to just shut Deku down still it would be pretty funny. I'd be down for it. Truthfully, it will probably be something closer to Bakugo leading the entire team against Deku and demonstrating the value in a team even when you're explosion murder king.

This is all under the assumption that this even happens, of course.

It'll start as a one on one fight, but Deku will clearly have the upper hand only for Bakugou to go "who the hell said I was alone!?" and all the other classmates jump in. Deku will ultimately be defeated by Shinso mimicking Bakugou's voice.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Rhonne posted:

It'll start as a one on one fight, but Deku will clearly have the upper hand only for Bakugou to go "who the hell said I was alone!?" and all the other classmates jump in. Deku will ultimately be defeated by Shinso mimicking Bakugou's voice.

also a panel of Bakugo holding out a hand for Deku

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can't believe theres people that think the rest of the class will show up again before the epilogue.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's too late for Bakugo to pull a Sasuke, right? RIGHT???

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's too late for Bakugo to pull a Sasuke, right? RIGHT???

Zero percent chance.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Can't believe theres people that think the rest of the class will show up again before the epilogue.

Horikoshi has said in interviews that several of the UA characters would have roles in the endgame, including a big moment for Sero. And this is just what Uraraka's arc has been building towards.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Horikoshi has said in interviews that several of the UA characters would have roles in the endgame, including a big moment for Sero. And this is just what Uraraka's arc has been building towards.

Give Tsuyu her moment in the spotlight already you cowards (if only because you’ve got Aoi Yuuki doing the voice in the anime and in my opinion so far you’ve been wasting her, also because I like Tsu even if she did kind of act like a cop a while back)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 18, 2021

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Give Tsuyu her moment in the spotlight already you cowards

This, but Mina.

Also, a little sad to see Death Arms hang it up. He was one of the first heroes we saw in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

This, but Mina.

Also, a little sad to see Death Arms hang it up. He was one of the first heroes we saw in the series.

Hell, her too. Mina’s awesome and deserves some time to shine