Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
How much does a crowbar cost? When the stores open I'm thinking of getting one and breaking and entering. Nobody is sleeping in that apartment I can tell you that much, there is no sleep anymore, sleep has been murdered. Maybe there's loose cash around, it'll pay for itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

StoryTime posted:

How much does a crowbar cost? When the stores open I'm thinking of getting one and breaking and entering. Nobody is sleeping in that apartment I can tell you that much, there is no sleep anymore, sleep has been murdered. Maybe there's loose cash around, it'll pay for itself.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Bad news, Bree, I do fight and I live wherever that is and and I'm gonna whip your rear end.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Someone at Nextdoor made the regrettable decision that I should be a mod for my area. Interestingly they actually seem to be heading in a better direction. They have a bunch of articles and training they want you to read about bias and discussing controversial topics. They have expressly banned “whit lives matter” and related content, and ban “blue lives matter” and “all lives matter” when they are being used to denigrate or take away from the Black Lives Matter movement for racial justice ( their wording). I am actually impressed that they care that much.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

therobit posted:

Someone at Nextdoor made the regrettable decision that I should be a mod for my area. Interestingly they actually seem to be heading in a better direction. They have a bunch of articles and training they want you to read about bias and discussing controversial topics. They have expressly banned “whit lives matter” and related content, and ban “blue lives matter” and “all lives matter” when they are being used to denigrate or take away from the Black Lives Matter movement for racial justice ( their wording). I am actually impressed that they care that much.

Wow what a terrible company. Do the stock holders know they aren't encouraging engagement?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but the submarine noise has stopped. I don't know.

I don't know.

I have no answers.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

StoryTime posted:

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but the submarine noise has stopped. I don't know.

I don't know.

I have no answers.

Your neighbor is a lurker.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

StoryTime posted:

I don't know.

I have no answers.

I know I made jokes about you living aboard a giant submarine, but I’m glad that whatever that was has stopped b/c it seemed like that would be awfully irritating

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

StoryTime posted:

Not a nextdoor, but there's a loving submarine sonar noise coming from the apartment literally next door, it's loud and it has been going on for like 6 hours now. What the gently caress. STOP MAKING THE SUBMARINE NOISE

Sounds like a smoke alarm in there needs the battery replaced.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

someone fell asleep watching a dvd and the player kept repeating the menu over and over and the menu had a submarine sound

(my roommate in college used to do this)

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

someone fell asleep watching a dvd and the player kept repeating the menu over and over and the menu had a submarine sound

You know what, this is the most probable explanation. I think I actually have the loving DVD which is why the sound was so hauntingly familiar.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

StoryTime posted:

You know what, this is the most probable explanation. I think I actually have the loving DVD which is why the sound was so hauntingly familiar.

Or maybe they just surfaced and don't need the sonar right now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

lol, just lol, if you don't use white noise to drown out your neighbours. I have an air filter with a loud fan that incidentally reduces the dust in the air, but is mostly there to keep me from losing my mind. It isn't loud enough to completely drown them out when they get rowdy, but it smooths everything down to a tolerable level.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

lol, just lol, if you don't use white noise to drown out your neighbours. I have an air filter with a loud fan that incidentally reduces the dust in the air, but is mostly there to keep me from losing my mind. It isn't loud enough to completely drown them out when they get rowdy, but it smooths everything down to a tolerable level.

My neighbor is almost never home. Like, he seems to be there 2 or 3 days a month at most. I've only spoken to him a couple times in like 3 years.

I suspect he is a serial killer or CIA assassin.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My neighbor is almost never home. Like, he seems to be there 2 or 3 days a month at most. I've only spoken to him a couple times in like 3 years.

I suspect he is a serial killer or CIA assassin.

Weresubmarine.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Weresubmarine.

This could be.

When I first moved in he placed a 3-page letter in a ziploc bag over the fence separating our backyards to basically tell me that feeding squirrels was bad and that the neighborhood didn't use bird feeders because of a previous rat problem.

I have since been feeding the squirrels and the birds, so if I disappear in a mysterious puddle of seawater you'll know where to look.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Or maybe they just surfaced and don't need the sonar right now.

Phonse was satisfied that the Winnebago people had left so he surfaced the RSV from 30 fathoms.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Facebook Aunt posted:

This dude's neighbor is pro. He uses a sonar noise, basically the opposite of white noise, to generate white noise in the form of muffled screaming from his neighbors.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

interwhat posted:

So instead of being passive aggressive on the internet, here is what happened last night in my tiny village. One of the 2 young, seemingly meth'd out sport bike riders staying at the lovely apartment-house type deal, that's had at least 2 OD's in 3 years, comes SCREAMING through at about 10:30 pm. Then again. Any nice day for the past month, he or the other one will do this. I ride sport bikes, I get they are loud, and I know what 100mph looks like. It's a 35 zone. There are dozens of children out all the time. Unfortunately, the village is located at the bisection of 2 pretty major state routes, so traffic is a little annoying, so most of the parents are careful with the kids, but kids are kids. So anyway, he screams down to the new storage unit, is there for less than a minute(def think he's got a stash there, but that's his business, and my immediate neighbors all agree we done want state or county boys sitting around town all the time. After the drop off/pickup, he comes back! But this was going to be his third pass. At the second pass, I decided, possibly against better judgement, I had had enough. I grab the staff I keep by the door, bang open the garage and step out into the street, start heading across the back yard toward the idiot at the storage unit. I notice, with great satisfaction, both dads on either side of me had the EXACT same thought, and were both out there with me. At this point, biker kid starts heading back, hammers it and crests the hill, only to find the three of us standing in the road, waiting for him. He comes to a stop in front of us, my big country boy neighbor grabs the bike by the forks. I start yelling at him, you stupid gently caress, do you not know the loving speed limit, do you not see the loving kids everywhere, do you realize I know precisely where the gently caress you live, and we don't call the loving cops, etc. The neighbors also chime in, at about the same volume. The kid was shook. I won't lie, I was prepared for violence, but I'm going to stick to my guns here, and simply state I have enough evidence to be hesitant about calling police, who tend to escalate the situation. I did not want to confront the dude at his apartment, where there are more people, probably definitely more guns(Ohio!), and felt this was at least the most rational course of action. He starts nodding, eyes very wide, mostly listening, and we are calming down. He goes "okay guys I get it I get it, but couldn't you have come to me more respectfully? Maybe without THAT thing(the staff)?" Before be could finish, I was like buddy, respect is not flying though your own loving neighborhood, and what was I supposed to do? Politely ask you to stop as you're screaming past with the front wheel lifting off the ground? He went quiet, neighbor let go of the bike, we stepped back. We had more than made ourselves clear. I thanked him, told him to have a good night, and thank you again. And he rode off back home.

Not 5 minutes later he goes by again. This time, 35mph, 1200rpms. Fixed.

Sure, some of you would insist you should never confront anyone, ever, but I disagree. The more we use apps to be passive aggressive with eachother, the more we will resent and misunderstand eachother. I personally feel that's loving dumb.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Ah, the hot couch experience. (Which I was never too clear on, but I kinda figure involves waiting around in the drug dealer's place while waiting for him to finish loving around doing whatever it is drug dealers do and actually sell you some weed)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ah, the hot couch experience. (Which I was never too clear on, but I kinda figure involves waiting around in the drug dealer's place while waiting for him to finish loving around doing whatever it is drug dealers do and actually sell you some weed)

It's making you wait. That's it. That's the secret.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

therobit posted:

:lol: Someone made me a mod and I never bothered reading poo poo.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

It was 105F and 60% humidity today.

Nextdoor death cult is really getting to me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mormon Nailer posted:

I guarantee this person has been bitching up a storm about masks for the last 15 months

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Mormon Nailer posted:

My favorite part is that they're apparently a feral colony caretaker. That's the icing on the cake. These people are never charged by anyone to do it. Go have a heatstroke and truly feed the ferals.

I have been without any a/c or swamp cooler in my home for 4 days and that's on a scale nothing. but it has been miserable. I have been unable to sleep at night. I feel terrible for my animals.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

I just had my upstairs HVAC fixed (guy just left 30 mins ago, had a leak in the copper) and refilled with the juice just in time for the downstairs unit's capacitor to essplode. fortunately they're easy to find

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Is that in Palm Beach, Florida by chance? :sad:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

You know there are people loving broken enough to pay top dollar to snoof :sad: pamps.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Mormon Nailer posted:

They’re also a young earth creationist, lol. Whole lot of character development in a tiny post.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Solkanar512 posted:

They’re also a young earth creationist, lol. Whole lot of character development in a tiny post.

Yup. She's a wild one. I can't see her entire post history even as a mod because she's in the next postage stamp "city" over, but if I run across more, like the gem below, I'll post em.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Washington State!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

spinst posted:

Washington State!

Reign in your woman, sir. SHE IS OUTTA CONTROL

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

low key sex master posted:

What certain castle? Bitch do you live near Dracula or some poo poo?

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

The Diaper Dumper saga continues:

spinst fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 19, 2021

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Some lady is feeding bobcats again

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yup. She's a wild one. I can't see her entire post history even as a mod because she's in the next postage stamp "city" over, but if I run across more, like the gem below, I'll post em.

Craziness and potential ethical pitfalls of feral cats aside, it isn't outside the realm of possibility of catnip making some kitty just go aggro. I've seen all sorts of reactions in different cats, and different reactions to different catnip in the same cat.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Craziness and potential ethical pitfalls of feral cats aside, it isn't outside the realm of possibility of catnip making some kitty just go aggro. I've seen all sorts of reactions in different cats, and different reactions to different catnip in the same cat.

Yeah, I heard Cativa can make a cat hyper and kinda perk up while Indicat mellows them out.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

spinst posted:

Washington State!

This is the biggest boomer energy, just the pure passive aggro nature of how things are worded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

CaptainSarcastic posted:

True, but this lady has three accounts with three different names, all the accounts talk to each other like they're different people, and the "feral cat colony" is actually a bunch of cats she adopted and dumped in her yard.

So we're trying to get a health check on all the animals and get her mental health services at this point. All of that information is new within the last two hours.