Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah that was it. My mc and another demon had null: force so luckily they were topped off for the entire fight and survived that when it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i dont think it's a coincidence that my winning run on matador he didnt get to use andalucia

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i dont think it's a coincidence that my winning run on matador he didnt get to use andalucia

I think he didn't use it on mine either.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I died to a fully fog breathed andalucia that still hit the mc twice lol. Nocturne ftw

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

should I do the kalpa layers as soon as I get access to do them? I waited a bit to do the first layer cus I assumed it was an endgame thing but I blasted right through it. I just beat daisoujou (he rules)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ghosthotel posted:

should I do the kalpa layers as soon as I get access to do them? I waited a bit to do the first layer cus I assumed it was an endgame thing but I blasted right through it. I just beat daisoujou (he rules)

It seems like they’re pretty much designed to be tough but doable when you first unlock them.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Was running tornado on my mc and then in the run down to kalpa 2 I ran into some angel/knight looking dudes. Didn’t think anything of it, casted tornado and got it reflected on the mc 3 times for an instant game over.

Game owns

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kalpas are pretty straight forward until a certain point. Around the time you hit the 4th kalpa you might want to consult a gfaqs guide. There's a lot of poo poo you might be left scratching your head about, or just plain miss. Like, even from the start, whenever you run into the shady broker offering you a demon for money.. always take it. If you can't afford it, make a note where he is and go back when you have the cash.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Red rider down

Turns out when you just don't give the ads the time of day and just punch the fiend in their skeleton face these fiends drop like any other pack of trash

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Lost a very drawn out battle against Ongyo-Ki since I wasn't aware of the gimmick at first. I swear its rigged due to how unlucky I was getting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Are there any bosses that aren't weak to getting punched in the face?

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Yes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

welp I'm in for some big trouble then

demi-fiend + a team are all face punchers

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There'a a bunch that are phys resistant to the point where it's almost useless to use against them, and only 1 I can think of that entirely nulls it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The red temple boss absorbs physical, ask me how I know!

I’ve forgotten a lot of the later parts of this game…still hunting for that Sector Eridanus feeling from a dungeon. drat, Strange Journey was so good.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1406331150696599558?s=21

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Raidou needs to actually fight me and not be a coward that runs away

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Futomimi…

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You should have a null mind magatama by that point I think?? If not check the junk shop

yeah this and a couple null mind demons and i got him in two tries after that last post (got pwned by mamudoon the first time). def fusing him asap

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tfw demifiend gets hit by evil voice, survives with Endure, then gets hit with mazanma. Trumpeter, you bastard! I need to count my turns better.

E. Or evil melody. Whatever it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nervous about going to any save point bc I'm still looking for 2 more horsemen...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

18 hours in and I finally got a demon with Dekaja

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

In Training posted:

nervous about going to any save point bc I'm still looking for 2 more horsemen...

if you don't want to spoil it there's a lady in the 1st kalpa (?) that gives hints where you can find the fiends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Len posted:

if you don't want to spoil it there's a lady in the 1st kalpa (?) that gives hints where you can find the fiends

oh that's good to know, a manikin gave me a hint for Red Rider and I was close to googling if I didn't come across more soon bc I want to keep diving into amala

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got the last candelabrum, now it’s time to finish the labyrinth. Man I wish you could recruit some of the demons down there.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I loving beat Matador

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

black rider was also kind of a chump. Fiends aren't sending their best currently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I loving beat Matador

gently caress yeah dude.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I got to lvl 52 and fused some fiends, now it's been smooth sailing. Aside from Raidou chasing me around the Labyrinth

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got all the way through the labyrinth. gently caress you Metatron!! Can’t wait to fuse you!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

In Training posted:

black rider was also kind of a chump. Fiends aren't sending their best currently

the first three riders are all weak to being punched in their stupid skeleton faces as it turns out

i haven't fought the 4th yet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

I loving beat Matador

when you get your first taste of fiend blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsu9xEWSXqg&t=17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3rd Kalpa was awesome. Smoked the boss with triple makakaja Glacial Blasts for 1000+ damage per attack.