Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Fidelitious posted:

Because the media loves promoting clout seeking "experts" that they find on twitter and helping them spread their misinformation. Imgrund is notable simply for his astronomical ego.

I think we'd all love to pretend they don't exist but these are the people that create fear around specific brands, vaccine mixing, and who knows what else. They spread non-peer-reviewed opinions, are generally only tangentially qualified to speak about vaccine science/public health, and have no clue about responsible health communications. But they're the ones the media talks to because it's easy access.

Nah, this is bullshit and undersells the disgusting nature of what many news outlets are doing. I know McGill has the Office for Science and Society, and I imagine a lot of other universities have similar. They are a great source for nuanced discussions of a lot of these things in whatever level of detail you want, they make themselves available to the media upon request.

Many in the media want this bullshit "conflict" for its own sake, it's never about access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm getting really tired of the suggestions by politicians that youth are somehow hesitant to get their vaccines so we need a lottery or some other form of incentive to make our dumb baby brains realize that the adults know best.

The reason youth vaccination numbers are lower has less to do with youth arrogance and assumed immunity and everything to do with younger people needing to wait their turn while older demographics got their shots first. So Legault can piss off with his patronizing answer regarding ways to convince the under 40s to get vaccinated. Most of them are still waiting for their chance.

*Prioritizes people 30+ for vaccines*

*Low vaccination amounts for people <30*

"Why would the millenials do this?"

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Only 45 cases in BC yesterday. gently caress yeah.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I actually am starting to feel hopeful

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bunnyofdoom posted:

I saw a map this week that everywhere neighborhood in Toronto is experiencing 1 case or less per day averaged over the last 2 weeks except the NE and NW areas, which is downright incredible.

e: of course, I can't find it now so if anyone has this map where most of Toronto is yellow except the dark blue corners please share it.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Another Bill posted:

I saw a map this week that everywhere neighborhood in Toronto is experiencing 1 case or less per day averaged over the last 2 weeks except the NE and NW areas, which is downright incredible.

e: of course, I can't find it now so if anyone has this map where most of Toronto is yellow except the dark blue corners please share it.

Data is from Toronto Open Data, accessed June 21. There's a small number of cases that aren't linked to geographic data as well.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Alctel posted:

Only 45 cases in BC yesterday. gently caress yeah.

I’m planning a small vacation to the interior and I’m having mild panic attacks, but god drat this makes me feel better.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1407352087818780672?s=20

I wonder if he's also listening to these citizens on the street.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was the knife blood splattered before or after.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Health Services posted:

Data is from Toronto Open Data, accessed June 21. There's a small number of cases that aren't linked to geographic data as well.

Thank you, lots of reason for hope if we can get a city of ~3m to this state and we're still just starting to roll out the second doses.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's been a weird rear end feeling, that's for drat sure

not complaining, mind you

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

RBC posted:

I just booked my second dose for july 10 and gonna be done with it. That's early enough, I don't have the energy or time to be doing a vaccine scavenger hunt.

Yeah mine's the 8th and I've tried a couple of times to re-check the AHS website but I think they're loving with people now to avoid musical chairs.

I've previously burned through queues of 40-60,000 people in less than two hours (first dose scheduling/rescheduling/second dose initial), but yesterday the website had a queue of 6000 at 9pm and I was only into the low 4100s when I went to bed at midnight.

Either they've drastically increased the timeout limit for the 2nd dose scheduling on the website or they're artificially gating things.

But how will I attend Stampede without my second dose and adequate time to recuperate, Kenney?!?!?!?!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's been a full 24 hours after receiving my 2nd Pfizer dose and I am feeling excellent. Aside from the required arm pain of a needle - no headaches or fever or anything. Now to wait the 2 weeks, get my card and i'm a-ok!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Vintersorg posted:

It's been a full 24 hours after receiving my 2nd Pfizer dose and I am feeling excellent. Aside from the required arm pain of a needle - no headaches or fever or anything. Now to wait the 2 weeks, get my card and i'm a-ok!

I got moderna yesterday for the second dose (Pfizer was my first) and I’m having no side effects aside from a sore arm either.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Vintersorg posted:

I think you are in the clear, my second dose of Pfizer had me passed out on the floor about six hours after getting jabbed.

I'm confused about Alberta and Saskatchewan completely dropping restrictions so soon, seems ill-advised with whats happening with the Delta Variant in the UK?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That sucks, sorry to hear! :(

I know my mum had a headache for a couple days with her 2nd but otherwise everyone I know has been fine.

E: 69 cases in Manitoba and r/winnipeg doesn't dissapoint

https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/comments/o5sgiu/69_new_cases_33_in_winnipeg_76_1860_active_52478/

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 22, 2021

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bunnyofdoom posted:

shut up dude someone will hear you

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Vintersorg posted:

I got my second Moderna shot yesterday and went to bed fine, then woke up feeling like I got hit by a truck!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm confused about Alberta and Saskatchewan completely dropping restrictions so soon, seems ill-advised with whats happening with the Delta Variant in the UK?

Wow, Moe and Kenney doing ill-advised things? Say it ain't so...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

DariusLikewise posted:

You're not wrong, but also have you considered that's it Stampede time? Kenney has clearly made some sort of deal with a rodeo devil, he is constantly talking about how important rodeo is. When the deniers held a super spreader rodeo event, Kenney made sure to explain that it's fine because it wasn't hosted by an official rodeo organization.

Cacator posted:

I got my second Moderna shot yesterday and went to bed fine, then woke up feeling like I got hit by a truck!

Yeah this was my experience with second Moderna too. Chills and muscle soreness (some in my arm, but mostly in my back for some reason) until about 24 hours after the injection.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

My second dose was a snap. The night AFTER I got suddenly super tired earlier than usual but that oh-so horrible side effect was solved by going to bed.

Actually sorry I also suffered some anxiety and confusion as a side effect of being impressed by the SuperCentre actually being efficient.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

My left eye was sore after my second dose, I think I got the 5G Illuminati vaccine

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

My left eye was sore after my second dose, I think I got the 5G Illuminati vaccine

I just had my first dose of Pfizer on Friday. Was fine through the weekend with just a sore arm and tingling in the fingers. Then Monday I got weakness and soreness in my left eye into today.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fried Watermelon posted:

no that version just makes your third eye sore

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Well at least your Chili and T-Boz were ok

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

DariusLikewise posted:

Gotta have Stampede baby!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Having Stampede and poo poo expire on July 1 are purely chosen for symbolic victories with no scientific methodology or anything resembling reason behind them.

I literally hate everyone that is saying THE SCIENCE SAYS ITS SAFE.

This province is a shithole.

May Allah cleanse us all.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yea Stampede 2021 is going to be 100% a celebration of the right wing chud way of life

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Yea Stampede is 100% a celebration of the right wing chud way of life

e: or was that :thejoke:?

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 23, 2021

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Is anyone else finding that the provincial vaccine booking system isn't letting you book your second shot until September? I'm in a hotspot area and nothing on their site seems to have changed.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Yes you have to call or book through pharmacy.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Not through the provincial booking system? Because said system clearly states that as of June 23 "People who received their first dose on or before May 30 and live in Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel, Porcupine, Simcoe-Muskoka, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph or York public health units" can book their second shot. I try and lo and behold it says I'm not allowed to rebook until mid-September.

Did the known criminal Doug Ford lie? I for one am absolutely shocked, shocked!

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

RBC posted:

I just booked my second dose for july 10 and gonna be done with it. That's early enough, I don't have the energy or time to be doing a vaccine scavenger hunt.

Spoke too soon because the one pharmacy I signed up on the waitlist for has a shitload of moderna bookings for this week. Gonna be pfizer/moderna supervaxxed on saturday.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Mad Hamish posted:

Not through the provincial booking system? Because said system clearly states that as of June 23 "People who received their first dose on or before May 30 and live in Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel, Porcupine, Simcoe-Muskoka, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph or York public health units" can book their second shot. I try and lo and behold it says I'm not allowed to rebook until mid-September.

Yeah the shits all hosed up. Ontario is a dumpster fire.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm booked for my second shot now, Moderna instead of a second Pfizer dose. I convinced Mrs Randalor to sign up for Moderna as well, so the under-18 crowd can get their shots as soon as possible.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm in the hottest Ontario hot spot here in Waterloo. I can rebook my 2nd through the regions site at 9. :f5:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Second shot todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay holy gently caress I am amped

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Mad Hamish posted:

For all the past criteria changes, they've opened up booking at 8 AM (actually a bit earlier like 7:45) - prior to that it lets you get through but locks you to the previous criteria so you get booking dates way in the future. It doesn't explain this AT ALL though so it's super confusing.

Judging from when you posted this, I bet that's what happened here.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

Second shot todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay holy gently caress I am amped

Nice! Same here - booked by just signing up for pharmacy waitlists in my area. Most of the waitlists my wife and I signed up on sent us follow up emails already allowing us to book actual appointments already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My brother mixed Pfixer + Moderna and said today he felt like total poo poo but a tylenol is helping. I said for him to stay home but he said he had to go in (asphalt truck driver).