Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

isnt mcafee antivirus explicitly shipping bitcoin mining software with the antivirus

yes they just started giving users the ability to mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
John McAfee is not affiliated the company anymore though. Hasn't been for a long while.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Jetto Jagga posted:

I wonder if the koolaid company men considered it a win for their brand that they got the glory

I think koolaid got really mad and tried to make it clear that it was flavor aid, a true lack of taste and nuance

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

isnt mcafee antivirus explicitly shipping bitcoin mining software with the antivirus

Yes as a service. So that their customers wouldn't have to disable the antivirus to run mining software.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

John McAfee is not affiliated the company anymore though. Hasn't been for a long while.

well no he’s dead

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Perry Mason Jar posted:

the company's current CEO was probably the happiest person to hear of the news today

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Azathoth posted:

remember when the panama papers dropped and how big that was?

the Panama Papers were a Western op

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Panama Papers were a Western op
just like all of this. if he got anything actually legit, it's gonna be hidden in a literal mountain of bullshit fed to him by every intelligence agency on the planet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

McAfee's dirt will be buried as being sourced from hacked materials and that will be the end of it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

McAfee's dirt will be buried as being sourced from hacked materials and that will be the end of it.

he'll put a note at the top of each page that says "NOT sourced from hacking"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why would mcafee have anything. is there any hint that he actually has anything in the literal hundreds of hours of interviews hes done with every third rate podcast/youtuber in the last few years

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hes pretty close to a living kojima character and that attracts all kinds of people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, people love associating with freaks and letting them in on inside info.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

Hes pretty close to a living kojima character and that attracts all kinds of people

he is at best a cohen brothers character imo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He's got the raw intelligence.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

bath salts for data

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
He's seen the documents, folks

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

he is at best a cohen brothers character imo

wait...are you grading kojima above the cohens?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

gradenko_2000 posted:

He's seen the documents, folks

he typed them up himself he just doesn't remember doing it

probably how a lot of the bible and poo poo was written too really

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

so when can we mcafee's big devastating dumps

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

cagliostr0 posted:

I'm starting to go completely off the deep end. I have been watching videos by a guy called plagued moth who does investigative pieces on gore videos from the dark corners of the internet. The first crack ping was him mentioning about the suicides of NYPD police adjacent to the Weiner investigation and that there was a chance that the frazzledrip video was real but wasn't a satanic orgy conducted by Hillary Clinton, just some Epstein level fuckery.

He's now doing a dive on World industries because a video everyone thought was a creepypasta referred to as after-school special is real, is connected to another what was assumed to be creepypasta called world industries, and the people who have seen it are reasonably confident one of the people in the video is John Podesta.

Are any of the octopus or le cerq investigators collaborating with the lost media and deep web explorers because just recently some strange connections have started being found by chance and I'm wondering if there is a dam about to break.

Lol I watched some of this video and I stoped the exact second he cited the 4chan post in the "lets create fake lost media" thread as proof that it existed, he connected a literal 4chan troll with some vaporwave marketing poo poo and thinks he's found the cabal, loving retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I think John "tha gawd" McAfee died of an std he got from loving a whale

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Shear Modulus posted:

so when can we mcafee's big devastating dumps

he generally prefers to be the one with a close up view of big devastating dumps

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

multistability posted:

Right, but didn't he make most of his money by developing one of the first antivirus programs and selling it on to Intel for a few billion dollars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ywgxbGEZ8

rip you crazy bastard

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Yestermoment posted:

McAfee was an insane and evil person, make no mistake. He just wasn't "Insanely Evil".
rest in power, madafee

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lmao so he grew up on an army base, developed the first antivirus software while paranoid as poo poo due to excessive LSD abuse, and made millions selling said software to Fortune 500 companies all over the USA? Dude was an op for sure

*edit* he was also severely abused by his father while living on the army base. His father ended up committing suicide

multistability has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Jun 24, 2021

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

🍿🍿🍿

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

multistability posted:

Lmao so he grew up on an army base, developed the first antivirus software while paranoid as poo poo due to excessive LSD abuse, and made millions selling said software to Fortune 500 companies all over the USA? Dude was an op for sure

John McULTRA

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lmao you posted this at the exact same time as I edited my post. I think Jung termed this sort of coincidental happening "synchronicity", what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal symptoms etc.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
I'm losing my mind

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

multistability posted:

Lmao you posted this at the exact same time as I edited my post. I think Jung termed this sort of coincidental happening "synchronicity", what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal symptoms etc.

That is not the exclusive use of synchronicity in Jungian theory. Also Jung was definitely wrong about it being a cause of symptoms - it's a feature (pattern recognition and meaning-significance-attachment) of psychosis writ large.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

That is not the exclusive use of synchronicity in Jungian theory. Also Jung was definitely wrong about it being a cause of symptoms - it's a feature (pattern recognition and meaning-significance-attachment) of psychosis writ large.

I know, I know. I was just referencing a certain infamous fyad post for a laugh. Keep posting the good stuff brothers, this is the most I've crackpinged in a while. Feels good

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/cantseyy/status/1407967039344492546?s=19

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Some good replies in there

https://twitter.com/gary_barber/status/1407977802176118784

https://twitter.com/mega_dave88/status/1407970226017390592

https://twitter.com/MrJamesMahon/status/1407969446539501570

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

in terms of how outré their characters are, definitely

in terms of quality, it's subjective. who cares, they're both good

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

was i askin youse?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
xD

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Josh Christ posted:

Lol I watched some of this video and I stoped the exact second he cited the 4chan post in the "lets create fake lost media" thread as proof that it existed, he connected a literal 4chan troll with some vaporwave marketing poo poo and thinks he's found the cabal, loving retard

I mean the whole point of the video is that he conflated in his memory a vid he saw that's real with a half remembered post from 4chan that is a hoax. The music video includes actual child abuse video snippets, one of which is from that real vid and the full length version seems to have Podesta in it.

The interest for me is a lot less in this actual video than if those communities are communicating with the true anon crowd because there is probably a lot to be gained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Saucer Hovers posted:

cohen brother characters are dumber than kojima characters

I enjoy Cohen stories more. they do love dumb people.