Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
suikoden 2 party so OP and tactically micromanaged that i sort of killed the difficulty, Luca got wrecked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm watching a speedrun of Yggdra Union and it looks like the most insane game ever made

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah sting made some cool games. riviera and knights in the nightmare were neat too, i never beat any of them but they had some neat systems. sadly i think the vita dying killed them pretty dead, last game they put out was a rpg/mario party hybrid last year and before that they hadnt done anything in years

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat Riviera several times and played Yggdra Union for about 5 minutes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Riviera is like an RPG with VN elements right? Maybe I'll check it out

From what I'm seeing Yggdra Union just has an insane amount of interlinking systems

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

From what I'm seeing Yggdra Union just has an insane amount of interlinking systems

Riviera is like a combination RPG and adventure game, you spend points that you get from battles to move around and activate stuff in the dungeons.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

it's more like an event-based dungeon crawler than a straight vn but it's a very cool game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I enjoyed Riviera but not sure what id make of it now. I played maybe an hour of Knights in the Nightmare and it's completely impenetrable

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm 10 minutes into Castlevania sotn and I'm extremely confused

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yggdra union is as insane as it looks ftr. insanely cool but it sometimes feels actually impossible because you did something wrong 5 fights ago. the psp(iirc) port is easier.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m like five hours into tales of vesperia. Enjoying it so far, plot is still picking up but the voice acting is p good. I like the little optional cut scenes you can view, some of them are pretty funny. First time I’ve tried the series and my first jrpg in probably six years

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I enjoyed Riviera but not sure what id make of it now. I played maybe an hour of Knights in the Nightmare and it's completely impenetrable

imp magic strikes again

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1407595094471974912

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:gary:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baroque got a remaster? Cool...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing Last Remnant on Switch and it seems pretty cool. dollar storeFFXII setting with SaGa style random number monstrosity over complicated battle design, plus timed button presses...im digging it. I wish I had more control over my Union Units equipment and arts but maybe that expands later in the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

FFXII setting with SaGa style random number monstrosity over complicated battle design, plus timed button presses...

...and epic Last Remnant heroes!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i beat betrayl at krondor so now i'm going to play might and magic worlds of xeen which is a combination of might and magic 4 and 5 in ONE huge game and you can explore BOTH worlds WHENEVER you want. epic. i never played the old mm games before except mm6. thanks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new vegas owns so much. started a run and its all I can think about now

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

extremebuff posted:

new vegas owns so much. started a run and its all I can think about now

This.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat betrayl at krondor so now i'm going to play might and magic worlds of xeen which is a combination of might and magic 4 and 5 in ONE huge game and you can explore BOTH worlds WHENEVER you want. epic. i never played the old mm games before except mm6. thanks

3 - 5 are all really good. World of Xeen is great but I strongly recommend ignoring or outleveling the dwarf mines or whatever right at the start because it's an insanely miserable long slog and there's absolutely nothing else like it in the series. You can hop over to Darkside and get a few levels really easily and just stomp it which is worth it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

any one else getting legend of mana tomorrow? i'm fuckin hyped for it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The preview I watched looked great but I dunno if I can swing it right now. Definitely going on the wishlist though.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

Yes. Legend of Mana was like, the first game I rented and it absolutely blew my mind.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

holding out hope for a switch port or even a remake. obsidian and bethesda are owned by the same parent now anything can happen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

3 - 5 are all really good. World of Xeen is great but I strongly recommend ignoring or outleveling the dwarf mines or whatever right at the start because it's an insanely miserable long slog and there's absolutely nothing else like it in the series. You can hop over to Darkside and get a few levels really easily and just stomp it which is worth it

ty :2bong:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

spent like a solid hour last night feeding my blades steak and oyster dishes to max their trust

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I've managed to play every single player Final Fantasy game from 1 to 12 without actually beating any of them besides the first one. My gpu is toast so I bought and hacked a 3ds, then loaded it with FF 1-6 and have now beaten FF1 two times. I'm playing FF2 now and the leveling system is loving weird. Played a few hours and it seems to be pretty easy so far, hoping I don't have to grind because I wouldn't know how to.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CatBlack posted:

I've managed to play every single player Final Fantasy game from 1 to 12 without actually beating any of them besides the first one. My gpu is toast so I bought and hacked a 3ds, then loaded it with FF 1-6 and have now beaten FF1 two times. I'm playing FF2 now and the leveling system is loving weird. Played a few hours and it seems to be pretty easy so far, hoping I don't have to grind because I wouldn't know how to.

if it's the original ff2 release you grind by selecting attack and then cancelling out of it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

or if you wnt to grind hp you unequip your weapons and attack your own guys for hours

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

holding out hope for a switch port or even a remake. obsidian and bethesda are owned by the same parent now anything can happen

new vegas 2. then again I think obsidian lost most of the black isle guys so maybe not

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Arrhythmia posted:

if it's the original ff2 release you grind by selecting attack and then cancelling out of it

this sounds even easier than one shotting evil eye in the ice cave 20 times. unfortunately, i'm on the GBA version

Fungah! posted:

or if you wnt to grind hp you unequip your weapons and attack your own guys for hours

this sounds horrible

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CatBlack posted:

this sounds horrible

FF2 is horrible.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FF2 is basically a SaGa game but it's a prototype SaGa that's a confusing unplayable broken mess instead of a confusing mess that kicks rear end

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The basic premise of the plot is badass though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

legend of mana is out right now apparently. gently caress yeah!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I love legend of mana

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Fungah! posted:

it’s great. they upscaled the backgrounds but kept the original sprites (unlike the saga frontier remaster) and you can chose either orchestral arrangements or the original soundtrack. can’t wait to see my friend basket fish

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've never played a might and magic game but i've looked into this and it seems like the tightest poo poo of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I got the tude now posted:

i've never played a might and magic game but i've looked into this and it seems like the tightest poo poo of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jTuGMPXOw the intro to darkside of xeen is epic