Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this pwns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
god drat that owns. might try some M&M after i finish ff12 for maximum whiplash

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

bump_fn posted:

it’s great. they upscaled the backgrounds but kept the original sprites (unlike the saga frontier remaster) and you can chose either orchestral arrangements or the original soundtrack. can’t wait to see my friend basket fish

i can't wait to help a fat rabbit man scam people. i can't wait to help a centaur get rejected by every lady in the world. i'm hype as hell to help the magical gem jews of the world. gently caress do i love legend of mana.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i had a super epic day playing legend of mana four years ago and then nocturne killed my ps3. so fuckin pumped to get back to it, it was a total friggin blast

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i had a super epic day playing legend of mana four years ago and then nocturne killed my ps3. so fuckin pumped to get back to it, it was a total friggin blast

is this a remaster or port. legend of mana is kind of all rough edges even though i love it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

is this a remaster or port. legend of mana is kind of all rough edges even though i love it.

Remaster. Backgrounds and portraits upscaled, orchestral sound track, some modern QOL changes (save anywhere). Couldn't find anything about gameplay changes.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
that's enough lol i could barely hold out anyway.

honestly the first 'breathtaking' game i played. gorgeous design, super thoughtful worldbuilding. it's one of a kind.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Remaster. Backgrounds and portraits upscaled, orchestral sound track, some modern QOL changes (save anywhere). Couldn't find anything about gameplay changes.

only real gameplay change apart from save anywhere is tht you can turn off random encounters. they said that s specifically to make the running around maps trying to find an npc parts better

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Can you access the memory card pets in this legend of mama remaster? Like if you had a FF8 save you could get a chocobo I’m p sure

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Miku Pyra just dropped

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

only real gameplay change apart from save anywhere is tht you can turn off random encounters. they said that s specifically to make the running around maps trying to find an npc parts better

also a good change, lot of legwork in this game and the combat is pretty charmless compared to literally every other aspect of the game.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no ring 😁 🤣

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Every once in a while I tell myself it's time to get into western RPG first person dungeon crawlers and everytime I bounce right off it as soon as I get my graph paper out and finish character creation.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Miku Pyra just dropped

lol that part of the game is sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Miku Pyra just dropped

buckle the f up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Miku Pyra just dropped

Oh hell yeah.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

buckle the f up

The area after that is insanely hype. I love poo poo like that & it's one of the reasons I liked the first game so much. I had to pry myself away to start Mario Golf last night lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The area after that is insanely hype. I love poo poo like that & it's one of the reasons I liked the first game so much. I had to pry myself away to start Mario Golf last night lol

same, i totally lost my mind when i saw it and finished the game in a marathon sesh after that. everything from there until the end of the game is so fuckin cool, i'm pumped for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last dungeons in XBC2 are so sick.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Every once in a while I tell myself it's time to get into western RPG first person dungeon crawlers and everytime I bounce right off it as soon as I get my graph paper out and finish character creation.

Might and magic is extremely accessible. It has automap I believe

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Might and magic is extremely accessible. It has automap I believe

Later ones do. 1 doesn't for sure, and 2 probably doesn't.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
The best part of beating an rpg is afterwards when you watch the speedrun. Suikoden 2 was tight but broken as gently caress. Might load up that last save file again just to enjoy the world and play all the mini games.
Also: badass dude, wish i had a cool av like that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i started ys origin on switch, playing as yunica first. it’s also ys game i’ve picked up and i’m having a good time so far. probably gonna get ys viii as well since it’s on sale

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
get ys8 on pc or ps4 if u can it feels like garbage on switch

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I just got to the part where ragou gets killed by yuri in tales of vesperia. This is still fairly early in the game yea?

I’m considering picking up the new disgaea game, wanted some thoughts on that. I bounced off the first one twice (at release on ps2 and years later on DS) because the combat wasn’t that interesting or tactical compared to like FFT or FE, curious how the series as grown since then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FastestGunAlive posted:

I just got to the part where ragou gets killed by yuri in tales of vesperia. This is still fairly early in the game yea?

I’m considering picking up the new disgaea game, wanted some thoughts on that. I bounced off the first one twice (at release on ps2 and years later on DS) because the combat wasn’t that interesting or tactical compared to like FFT or FE, curious how the series as grown since then

i heard it runs like crap

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

Later ones do. 1 doesn't for sure, and 2 probably doesn't.

world of xeen (mashes M&M 4 and 5 together) is the way to go for sure

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

might and magic 6 character portraits ftw

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

elf help book posted:

i heard it runs like crap

o yea i read that too.. maybe i will wait for pc port

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
this came in the mail today. its huge

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

whoa. cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

Whoa this looks rad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
wtf gimmie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Is that the one by Bitmap? It looks cool

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Bad rear end

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is that the one by Bitmap? It looks cool

yah. its sold out now apparently https://www.bitmapbooks.co.uk/products/a-guide-to-japanese-role-playing-games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat. Sold out until October

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I’m buying that as soon as I can