Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
This is your moment, Mineta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With how exhausted Deku is right now, I'm not sure if there will be much of a fight.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

christmas boots posted:

This is your moment, Shinso.

I've corrected your post.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4lUOviCXY
I really like Koichi's growth and development, but also his ability to stun me with stuff like this. Legit thought he was going the sincere route but naw, he's got a plan. Shame he felt he didn't have enough control for a KO blast.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why would Deku fight Bakugo here? he may be frustrated they came when he wants to work alone for their safety, but I don't know why they'd come to blows

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

grieving for Gandalf posted:

why would Deku fight Bakugo here? he may be frustrated they came when he wants to work alone for their safety, but I don't know why they'd come to blows

1-A probably have made the decision to make Deku sit his rear end down for his own good.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I really hope Ochako gets to play a big role in whatever's coming up next.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

1-A probably have made the decision to make Deku sit his rear end down for his own good.

he tries to run off again and dark shadow comes down and squishes him like the monty python foot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Carlosologist posted:

so what are we expecting here? Deku vs. Class 1-A? Deku vs. Bakugo Round 3? however it goes I'm excited to see how it plays out. this current arc has been very good

Midoriya crying. A lot. He will literally flood the city with his tears.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

he tries to run off again and dark shadow comes down and squishes him like the monty python foot

He runs off, but his mom is also here and she uses her quirk to pull him in and hug him and tell him he can stop now. :unsmith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Endeavor mentioned that the oversea heroes were going to arrive soon, I hope Captain Celebrity is among them. He can take Deku aside and tell him a story about an All Might nerd that helped inspire him a few years back.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Electric Phantasm posted:

Midoriya crying. A lot. He will literally flood the city with his tears.

I thought he already did this when he told his mom about what went down with Ending

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Is there a way to label which spoilers are for which series? I wanted to read people's reactions to Vigilantes but I don't know which spoiler bars are for it and which ones are for the speedscan MHA. I only read the official releases.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

runwiled posted:

Is there a way to label which spoilers are for which series? I wanted to read people's reactions to Vigilantes but I don't know which spoiler bars are for it and which ones are for the speedscan MHA. I only read the official releases.

Every post after the chapter until the Koichi hug post was Vigilantes and the post this page that quoted vigilantes are the vigilantes spoilers

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Looks like they are trying to reveal only a little bit about the Liberation Army in the anime and obfuscating their faces to make it a mystery. I don't think they're going to be very successful since the preview has the scene where Hawks is reporting to the leaders and you can clearly see the League at the table, making it pretty loving obvious what happens. I'm not sure why they didn't re/move that scene entirely given how much it spoils MVA completely. I also don't understand not showing Skeptics face when he's in the OP but whatever.

So my pointer is still at 'complete fuckup' so far. It'll switch to 'catastrophe' if they don't swap the OP visuals when MVA starts.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 26, 2021

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I have a feeling they'll end up making the mystery more "what happened to Shigaraki?" rather than "what happened to the League of Villains?". It would work well with making the climatic final scene of the season either being him crowned leader of the PLF, or getting experimented on by the doctor.

Still, they could be handling this narrative a lot better.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Nephthys posted:

Looks like they are trying to reveal only a little bit about the Liberation Army in the anime and obfuscating their faces to make it a mystery. I don't think they're going to be very successful since the preview has the scene where Hawks is reporting to the leaders and you can clearly see the League at the table, making it pretty loving obvious what happens. I'm not sure why they didn't re/move that scene entirely given how much it spoils MVA completely. I also don't understand not showing Skeptics face when he's in the OP but whatever.

So my pointer is still at 'complete fuckup' so far. It'll switch to 'catastrophe' if they don't swap the OP visuals when MVA starts.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't most of those characters still brand new characters at that point? What's the point in being shady about a character the audience doesn't know exists?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Nuebot posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but weren't most of those characters still brand new characters at that point? What's the point in being shady about a character the audience doesn't know exists?

Because then when the MVA arc does start and we flashback to several months ago, everyone already knows which PLF members make it out alive.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something in today's episode did remind me, how in the hell did Best Jeanist fit in that duffel bag? :psyduck:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Something in today's episode did remind me, how in the hell did Best Jeanist fit in that duffel bag? :psyduck:

folded like laundry

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Man's tall but he's built like a stick figure. Couldn't be that hard to shove him in there when he's basically in a coma.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1408678334981046273

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

runwiled posted:

seconding this, i dont care about spoilers personally and it's already been talked about to death, but it'd be polite to tag spoilers on the weeks we get both :unsmith:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There they go, off on another adventure to destroy the moon

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I haven't watched to see how they're handling it, but to a degree you could make the lead-in to MVA more interesting by putting Endeavor Agency first.

Because MVA has that intro with Spinner where he's like "Well the league is destroyed"- then it just uh, slams directly into the league fighting the MLA. If you sort of placed that "The league was DESTROYED" up front and then went through Endeavor agency with its oblique hints at MVA, the payoff could be cooler.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

so what are we expecting here? Deku vs. Class 1-A? Deku vs. Bakugo Round 3? however it goes I'm excited to see how it plays out. this current arc has been very good

I don't see a fight happening at all. arguing maybe but not a fight. deku's broke brained but he's still acting like deku

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Best Jeanist has all the powers of jeans, including their foldabilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmk6CMg0g8k&t=13237s

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't see a fight happening at all. arguing maybe but not a fight. deku's broke brained but he's still acting like deku

I could kind of see Deku fighting a bit since he feels the burden is solely on him to stop All for One and he’ll get anyone out of his path

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Seems some of the soundtrack leaked for this cour. I trust the veracity at least because there's been bits of the Liberation Army theme in the lastest episodes.
Liking Re-Destro's song.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Hogama posted:

Seems some of the soundtrack leaked for this cour. I trust the veracity at least because there's been bits of the Liberation Army theme in the lastest episodes.
Liking Re-Destro's song.

I've heard odd things about the soundtrack from this season, like that they keep using somewhat generic battle music instead of anything specific to the content or specific character motifs. My ear isn't great but I have heard a lot of re-used tracks that pop up over and over again in the show.

So I hope this is a good leak and we do get some new themes because after it was said it couldn't help but bother me a bit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
lol at the new OP being named Everything Will Be Alright

No! No it really won't! In fact this is about the point it stops being alright!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This storyline is turning out really well

Dictator reminds me of a villain of the week in season 2 of Heroes (2006) called Puppetmaster, who kidnaps the super-healing cheerleader character and her "when you said you could walk through fire, I thought you were being metaphorical" mom

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not sure if I am a fan of the re ordering of events. Particularly what looks to be the spoilers of how it turns out. Honestly the scene with Re-Destro and his company's commercial and murder of his assistant was basically the perfect intro to them, and I am annoyed we have not gotten it ye.t

Blockhouse posted:

lol at the new OP being named Everything Will Be Alright

No! No it really won't! In fact this is about the point it stops being alright!

The OP's name is Merry Go Round

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Official release: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-318/chapter/22720?action=read

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah Deku's probably going to try and run away cause this is 'my burden alone to bear' and Bakugo (And maybe the rest of A1) are gonna bop him around a bit to get him to realize they're hear to help.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

God it's so weird seeing Bakugo with proper eyes

He's come such a long way

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i guess this is why you have to send kids to paramilitary school and run them through exercises where they brutally disable their closest friends until they're desensitized to the risks of crippling or killing someone

hell yes, more of this please

i was kind of expecting stain to show up, but i'm very pleased with this alternate development. nice to see normal people scared as gently caress of filthy demon rabbit boy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The thing I'm really interested in about Vigilantes at the moment is that now that the story has brought back to the forefront Koichi's inability to hit a person with Shooty-Go-Blam, I don't think there's any way this all ends with him managing to do it successfully. At the very least, I don't think that resolution would be very good. I'm really curious to see how this concludes now, it's pretty exciting that Vigilantes' big climax is all about defending someone and even the violence is in service of that instead of massive spectacle. Koichi's getting stronger, sure, but it's always in the moment to protect someone, never for its own sake.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder if Vigilantes is going to end with Koichi getting at least a provisional license and becoming a full fledged hero (if he doesn’t wind up dead in the process that is), kid’s more than earned it at this point in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Arist posted:

The thing I'm really interested in about Vigilantes at the moment is that now that the story has brought back to the forefront Koichi's inability to hit a person with Shooty-Go-Blam, I don't think there's any way this all ends with him managing to do it successfully. At the very least, I don't think that resolution would be very good. I'm really curious to see how this concludes now, it's pretty exciting that Vigilantes' big climax is all about defending someone and even the violence is in service of that instead of massive spectacle. Koichi's getting stronger, sure, but it's always in the moment to protect someone, never for its own sake.

Nah it's gonna be like the end of Die Hard. Koichi will learn the value of murdering criminals with extreme prejudice and then everybody will cheer.