Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol that the tic tac was the tamest poo poo they could lead off with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea

actually go read the report it's 9 pages

it's the most sterile and begrudging bare minimum bullshit they could get away with and it still officially confirms UAPs as something they can't explain and which appear to demonstrate currently impossibly advanced technology

as intended, the vast majority of people who can't read well will skim and dismiss it, but it makes some powerful implications

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

ok

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

neutral milf hotel posted:

wait the report is 9 pages?

Certainly not suspect that it doesn't get into any specific incidents.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Wheeee posted:

as intended, the vast majority of people who can't read well will skim and dismiss it, but it makes some powerful implications

Yeah it's the bare minimum but a win imho

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I want the triangle aliens

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

airborne clutter

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Didn't that leaked Podesta email reference the military getting EMF emissions from them when they change mediums? (into water iirc?) I wonder if that's what the bit about military hardware picking up radio emissions from them is.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tungsten posted:

airborne clutter
just aerial trash, you know, flying garbage

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Birds.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
uap it up alienalures :smug:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wheeee posted:

yea

actually go read the report it's 9 pages

it's the most sterile and begrudging bare minimum bullshit they could get away with and it still officially confirms UAPs as something they can't explain and which appear to demonstrate currently impossibly advanced technology

this isn't the real report it's the unclassified version. the classified version was sent to congress and the pentagon isn't going to release it publicly.

e: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1408530648936202263?s=20

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Jun 25, 2021

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Government is phoning it in at this point.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was expecting this to be 9 pages of "these mostly appear to be optical phenomena and faulty sensors" not "yeah there's flying poo poo that we can't explain, detected with multiple sensors and eyewitnesses, physical objects that fly, some of it looks really technologically advanced but what can you do"

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

I want the triangle aliens

no mamn no you do not

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can we get the Q guys to start demanding the release of the full report like they've been doing for the secret report they think exists that says hillary eats children

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Increase Investment in Research and Development

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Tungsten posted:

Increase Investment in Research and Development

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
government really loves that lovely kevin spacey film with the floating plastic bags

gently caress you American Beauty you fuckin piece of TRASH

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i don't need the government to tell me aliens exist. i've got all the evidence i need in this mega.nz repository of UFO books written by psychic cat ladies

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i don't need the government to tell me aliens exist. i've got all the evidence i need in this mega.nz repository of UFO books written by psychic cat ladies

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Shear Modulus posted:

this isn't the real report it's the unclassified version. the classified version was sent to congress and the pentagon isn't going to release it publicly.

e: https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1408530648936202263?s=20

that's the point, this is the most redacted version of what they have to say and it still confirms weird poo poo us going on

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i wasnt expecting disclosure but i was at least expecting a list of the 144 incidents with some details, that seems like the least they could have done

SMDH

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

theres gotta be at least one loving excel spreadsheet

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

so we have all these sightings going back decades, but they could only confirm them with sensor data since 2004 and beyond? is that why they chose that date?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

starting at 2004 avoids pesky questions about Russia and China having super advanced drone technology in 1960

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Unexplained Avian Phenomena

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Each type of UAP admitted to exist would validate potentially thousands of reports, no chance we were getting more than one initially

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Unexplained Avian Phenomena

u cant explain something that doesnt exist

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It'd be cool to see a picture or something but

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The slice we got is monumental in itself

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

well I guess I'm just looking at it from the perspective of "we're not going to put any stock into sightings until we have sensor data to back it up."

What changed, sensor wise, in 2004?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now keep an eye out for any members of congress suddenly making large buys or sells on the stock market for the real news.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the report says "its not aliens but its aliens"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Rah! posted:

the report says "its not aliens but its aliens"

lol that aliens were euphemised as "other"

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the true conspiracy is that the government is covering up the fact that passenger pigeons did not go extinct. They evolved, and now pose an Advanced Aerial poo poo Threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Crow Zone posted:

well I guess I'm just looking at it from the perspective of "we're not going to put any stock into sightings until we have sensor data to back it up."

What changed, sensor wise, in 2004?

it was the first time the data wasnt erased