Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

the tic tacos are obviously not us. did y’all see the Italian photos of them from the 50s or whatever. taken aboard a prop plane up close. it’s just a big flying propane tank

the black triangles could be us we have a lot of black triangle planes

edit https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/o7h52i/i_enhanced_the_italian_tic_tac_photo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

lol at “I want to believe”. more like everyone else is like “I want to stick my head in the sand” at this point

elizoda,.. it’s time

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Rah! posted:

the report didnt say "Glork from Glorakabasgut-69 descended in a cigar shaped UFO and probed the president while telling us the secrets of warp technology"

but it did say that there are 143 navy UFO encounters over the past 17 years that are unexplained, and that includes 80 incidents with data from multiple sensors. That's pretty crazy to hear IMO. They also said the phenomenon could have more than one explanation. So maybe some of it is advanced chinese or tesla drones (the ones on fire :vince:) or whatever and some of them are sentient orbs from the 5th dimension

eh, 80 incidents with actual physical things in the sky they couldn't identify over 20 years, which as they do point out does include birds
so pilots seeing 4 things each year in the sky they can't explain isn't really chilling imo

quote:

Airborne Clutter: These objects include birds, balloons, recreational unmanned aerial vehicles
(UAV), or airborne debris like plastic bags that muddle a scene and affect an operator’s ability to
identify true targets, such as enemy aircraft.

Natural Atmospheric Phenomena: Natural atmospheric phenomena includes ice crystals,
moisture, and thermal fluctuations that may register on some infrared and radar systems.

USG or Industry Developmental Programs: Some UAP observations could be attributable to
developments and classified programs by U.S. entities. We were unable to confirm, however,
that these systems accounted for any of the UAP reports we collected.

Foreign Adversary Systems: Some UAP may be technologies deployed by China, Russia,
another nation, or a non-governmental entity.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

the tic tacos are obviously not us. did y’all see the Italian photos of them from the 50s or whatever. taken aboard a prop plane up close. it’s just a big flying propane tank

the black triangles could be us we have a lot of black triangle planes

edit https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/o7h52i/i_enhanced_the_italian_tic_tac_photo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

summer sausage

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
they didn't say that there were only 144 incidents from 2004 til now

quote:

After carefully considering this information, the UAPTF focused on reports that involved UAP
largely witnessed firsthand by military aviators and that were collected from systems we
considered to be reliable. These reports describe incidents that occurred between 2004 and 2021,
with the majority coming in the last two years as the new reporting mechanism became better
known to the military aviation community.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

the tic taks are sweet. I could fly one no prob I bet

rather have a saucer with a galley and some living quarters tho

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

tic tacs look but dont touch, other shapes are much less chill

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Yeah multiple sources now have said it's an almost everyday occurrence.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what's the point of getting classified documents of you aren't gonna leak

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

Later in the report apparently this uniform reporting structure was established in like 2019 so *waves hands* 2004 seems good

I can find it later, but there was an article from that military news blogger who does UFO stuff a while back that said 2004 was when those ships were outfitted with a massive sensor overhaul.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Tekne posted:

the pentagon just wanted us to gaze into their unidentified anal phenomena

its so stinky my eyes are watering

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I like the official Chinese accounts because the alien craft are shaped like mushrooms

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

JULY AITEE MOTHERFUCKERS

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Nichael posted:

I can find it later, but there was an article from that military news blogger who does UFO stuff a while back that said 2004 was when those ships were outfitted with a massive sensor overhaul.

It was the same thing iirc after they upgraded the sensor packages on the F-18.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

elizoda,.. it’s time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

The fact that marcus rubio knows about the aliens and I don't is wrong

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Rubio holding himself in the shower and crying rn at what he learned unclassified today

Google Butt posted:

The fact that marcus rubio knows about the aliens and I don't is wrong

how did you know to make a Rubio post at the same time as me… is this synchronicity

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Google Butt posted:

what's the point of getting classified documents of you aren't gonna leak

didn't Rubio say something about leaking cool stuff

E: :tinfoil: Rubio brain waves

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

1979 tictacs lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

didn't Rubio say something about leaking cool stuff

hes a loving bitchass is the problem

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Rubio get out of my head!!!!

bangarangggg

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m tapped into the unconscious void receiving the gamma waves of perception

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

the unmitigated gall of the defense department to ask for more money to study UAPs without even providing a morsel of proof of life.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

both sides have waited endless eons observing one another, growing more powerful, anticipating the final confrontation

margo rubius, sensing the end is near, unleashes his telepathic brain control weapon, causing all posters to fixate on his ghastly visage, his first step in the global enslavement of humanity

our only defense is the one we didn't know we had:

the tic tacs enter combat formation

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

aliens visited the Aztecs regularly bc even after their empire fell, historical memory led Mexicans to crafting delicious burritos as a form of cultural reverence to the tictac ships

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

rubio right now: wtf is 'cspam'

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m tapped into the unconscious void receiving the gamma waves of perception

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
rubio post the leaks

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want the closeup videos of the advanced technology show me those videos you pieces of poo poo. you worthless garbage. you loving NERDS

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

eh, 80 incidents with actual physical things in the sky they couldn't identify over 20 years, which as they do point out does include birds
so pilots seeing 4 things each year in the sky they can't explain isn't really chilling imo

seeing something you can't explain in the sky despite having multiple advanced sensors and trained observers looking at it and studying the footage afterwards, is pretty interesting, whether it happens one time or four times or 4,000 times.

"airborne clutter" (including birds) is a possibility for some incidents, but i doubt it explains incidents where multiple sensors/eyes see something moving at hypersonic speeds and pulling several hundred Gs but maybe you know of some special birds.

Too bad uncle sam will never declassify the full details
:sad:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Communist Thoughts posted:

lol this is why disclosure is an eight course meal

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

all 144 incidents can be explained by birds. the deflating weather balloon one was because a bird hit the balloon

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
kinda expect there to be a lot of commercial pilots reporting this stuff now. there's a process in place for the navy and air force to report this stuff, and it makes sense to have a process for non-government people as well

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
OFFWORLD ACTIVATION
*sirens blare*
Is anyone due back??
No sir.
Close the iris!!
Sir it isn't closing!!
*Dialing completes*

A penguin steps through

Colonel O'Neill: well I guess they always said the early bird gets the worm..hole

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the trans-medium vehicles are simply ducks diving under the water to catch fish. then they fly away at impossible speeds

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Crow Zone posted:

well I guess I'm just looking at it from the perspective of "we're not going to put any stock into sightings until we have sensor data to back it up."

What changed, sensor wise, in 2004?

The context for the 2004 tic-tac incident was the Nimitz carrier group drilling state of the art AEGIS radar tech, which served to combine the entire group's sensors in real-time. So your dude in his jet can look down at a screen and see everything the missile cruiser, radar plane, other jets etc are picking up instantly.

The references to radio data sounds like the confiscated Hawkeye radar plane information.

Ratios and Tendency has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Jun 26, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m literally doing this right now

*waves at you from across the bar*

Types: Hey look up drat you missed it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

*waves at you from across the bar*

Types: Hey look up drat you missed it

gently caress… gently caress!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

They might as well have not released that report. Six months for nine pages. No data, no evidence. SAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

sounds like my book reports lol

hire me govt I am trained against all forms of alien attacks and I never turn my poo poo in complete or on time