Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
chinese security agent waving the wand up and down your body and a klaxon going off as the gbs readings go off the charts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Do you now or have you ever posted on the Something Awful forums?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

chinese security agent waving the wand up and down your body and a klaxon going off as the gbs readings go off the charts

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Mirello posted:

Lol I just read the qcs thread and that was pretty funny. Apparently some guy in the gbs thread edited a bunch of posts because hes going to china and was scared the Chinese authorities would see his posts and expel him?

Lol, I've lived here for 5 years going back and forth many many times and you're much more likely to get a busybody pig entering america than china. Every Chinese entry has been smooth, while the pigs in America usually question my wife or me for like 15 minutes.

Edit: also just rofl at the idea of the Chinese border agent taking your phone, and opening the awful app.

well i don’t know anything about that specific guy or his situation. i do know someone who had his phone searched crossing the hong kong/shenzhen border during the protests a few years ago and he had pictures on there he took at the protests. he was detained for a few days over it and none of us knew where he was, he just vanished for a while

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Mirello posted:

Lol I just read the qcs thread and that was pretty funny. Apparently some guy in the gbs thread edited a bunch of posts because hes going to china and was scared the Chinese authorities would see his posts and expel him?

Lol, I've lived here for 5 years going back and forth many many times and you're much more likely to get a busybody pig entering america than china. Every Chinese entry has been smooth, while the pigs in America usually question my wife or me for like 15 minutes.

Edit: also just rofl at the idea of the Chinese border agent taking your phone, and opening the awful app.

Yep the gbs and d&d chinawatchers are legit insane lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fart simpson posted:

this one got probed for whataboutism and it literally isn't "whataboutism" at all, lol. hes just saying he doesnt trust western media

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&pagenumber=550#post515801354
sorry your post is a whataboutism too

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Mirello posted:

I dunno if this is what you are referring to but US border agents do this poo poo all the time.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/31/18647401/state-department-visas-social-media-trump

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/31/20837448/social-media-dhs-cbp-surveillance-us-border-ismail-ajjawi-harvard

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

fart simpson posted:

well i don’t know anything about that specific guy or his situation. i do know someone who had his phone searched crossing the hong kong/shenzhen border during the protests a few years ago and he had pictures on there he took at the protests. he was detained for a few days over it and none of us knew where he was, he just vanished for a while

Yes but it hasn't happened to me personally so it's impossible and also you're literally insane to take precautions for your own safety

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
What's the enforcement like for Chinese dual-citizens btw? I know that theoretically PRC doesn't allow it and people lose citizenship when they naturalize elsewhere (though HK and Macau have exceptions or whatnot) but is that actually enforced or is it one of those things that the gov't doesn't really care about since it can't be easily tracked.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LimburgLimbo posted:

Yes but it hasn't happened to me personally so it's impossible and also you're literally insane to take precautions for your own safety

uninstall the SA app if that's what you're worried about

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
also probably entering from Hong Kong during the disturbances and entering from p. much everywhere else is likely a very different scienario lmao

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
China is shadowbanning my posts on the something awful forums

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xi absorbing posts in real time

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I used to get dozens of emptyquotes in a row, but now? Hardly any!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you've worked for like the DOD or any of the intelligence agencies china probably knows who you are already

Cao Ni Ma has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Jun 30, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

have you saved notes of what was originally in your posts so you can edit them back later?

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Jun 30, 2021

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
watch as i neo dodge the chinese state

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bookmark cspam on your burner and make sure to show it to em. Tell em how much your love cspam, xi, china etc. They will know what to do but, outwardly, they might start getting defensive then probably aggressive. Maybe even threatening you, yelling at you and so on. This is just a front, keep doing it. Eventually they'll take you to the 'VIP' side door.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tell em the tankies sent you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

has there a been Secretary of State who isn’t infamously a liar, usually as verified or admitted in court or hearings?

Pompeo - liar
Tillerson - liar
Clinton - liar
Kerry - liar
Rice - liar
Powell - liar
Albright - racist ghoul, Herbalife vendor, probably lies about some poo poo I couldn’t find in 60 seconds
a bunch of people I don’t know - probably liars idk
Kissinger: lmao

whoever claimed foreign secretaries are trustworthy ought to provide citations

how can you be so stupid jfc.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Uninstall awful frog app and install study Xi quote app.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

has there a been Secretary of State who isn’t infamously a liar, usually as verified or admitted in court or hearings?

Pompeo - liar
Tillerson - liar
Clinton - liar
Kerry - liar
Rice - liar
Powell - liar
Albright - racist ghoul, Herbalife vendor, probably lies about some poo poo I couldn’t find in 60 seconds
a bunch of people I don’t know - probably liars idk
Kissinger: lmao

whoever claimed foreign secretaries are trustworthy ought to provide citations

how can you be so stupid jfc.

It's not about the people but the institution they represent, and representing the US state department is what confers their legitimacy.

Oh wait, did you say "trustworthiness?"

Lmao.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Homeless Friend posted:

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Mirello posted:

The icon is a grenade! Must be dangerous.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's not about the people but the institution they represent, and representing the US state department is what confers their legitimacy.

Oh wait, did you say "trustworthiness?"

Lmao.

It's almost as if the d&d china posters have terminal libbrain aka racist chauvinist cunts

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you can change the icon on the ios app

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Homeless Friend posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The border guard grows visibly frustrated as he tries to use the search function.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

*removes lips from firehose of liberal propaganda*: the Han are all liars and their words cannot be trusted unless properly analyzed by Adrian Zenz

TAIWAN #1 *gurgle*

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Prince Myshkin posted:

The icon is a grenade! Must be dangerous.

You've posted with a trot. the punishment is gulag

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

fart simpson posted:

this one got probed for whataboutism and it literally isn't "whataboutism" at all, lol. hes just saying he doesnt trust western media

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466532&pagenumber=550#post515801354

that thread is full of robot anglos who are in a npc box

they will short circuit if under the most basic pressure in an actual conversation

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Red and Black posted:

I think the funniest part of the Mulan thing is how in the end it got panned by Chinese audiences for its weird cultural inconsistencies that pass unnoticed by a western audience. Like how they made Mulan live in a village with earthen houses typical of a completely different region of China than where she's supposed to have been. This kind of poo poo happens constantly in Disney movies about other cultures so it's amusing to see it catch up with them
i think it's also true the other way around. i ran across this chinese idol music (don't judge me) and it was kinda funny because there's a video filmed in croatia but there's harry potter stuff happening too and magic gemstones. isn't that england, though? eh, whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OvCY0AbSg

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh no

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The border guard grows visibly frustrated as he tries to use the search function.
lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also a couple years ago, i think i saw a video from a western outlet about this performance studio in shanghai that was producing this stuff, they want to have their version of the same that you see in korea and japan, and they have little shows and there were a bunch of young nerds in the crowd and white guys. it was a little bizarre.

that song is not very good either, but some of it almost sounds like turbofolk and this song is fire. the presentation is more conservative too. it's not as suggestive and i don't see consumer products in them as much either. compared to kpop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGpYw9Iyf0

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Jun 30, 2021

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Doctor Jeep posted:

Thanks for the whataboutism, gently caress off now. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.
\/

imagine cucking yourself in the service of a fascist white supremacist state on a dead, gay comedy forum

hoep that the CIA butchers see that D&D mod and give them a cookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm somewhat alarmed by the possibility that there could be a war over taiwan in a decade as it would just escalate into something like during an independence push for the latter, and then the U.S. intervenes and also loses the war, loses warships, loses lives. it'd get completely out of control