Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

Have there been any updates on the upcoming gkids release of the series?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Where da gently caress can I watch 4.0

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

John DiFool posted:

Japan. In a theater.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

John DiFool posted:

https://tjoy.jp/shinjuku_wald9

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

has it honestly not leaked yet? that’s impressive

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

has it honestly not leaked yet? that’s impressive

Khara apparently leaned on local governments to throw the book at anyone who tried and it seems to be a successful deterrent.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I mean do you want this to happen to you?

edit: I took a subtitle app with me on my 2nd viewing because I missed some poo poo, and literally clipped my iPhone to the seat in front of me for the entire movie. Pretty sure it would be trivial to cam rip it if you wanted to.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 22, 2021

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Fly Ricky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1NWIOfvrN4

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
oh what app did you use? im keen to go again with the new version, would be nicer to understand a bit more this time

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
iOS “Subtitles Viewer”

Can’t remember what the free limitations are, but I paid the ¥600 to unlock all features. Works really well.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fly Ricky posted:

I thought Daft Punk broke up?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I thought Daft Punk broke up?

Just part of a long term sting operation.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I dunno. I'm not a purist about seeing things in the theater or pausing a movie or any number of other things, but camrips really kind of ruin the experience imo. I think the last time I made an exception to this personal rule was for one of the previous Rebuilds (maybe 2.0? god it was ages ago) and I regretted it after the fact.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The subtitle app is hilarious because that thing got cracked an hour before the first screening which is how we have a translation already.

There's apparently an audio description app too which has/is been/being translated so we got stage directions too.

And a now outdated 36 minute frankenstein's monster stitched clip collection.

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
https://variety.com/2021/film/asia/evangelion-thrice-anime-movie-to-amazon-prime-video-1235009631/

13th Aug

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have deep amusement that it's not coming to Netflix

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Welp there it is, now to figure out a rewatch before then.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

quote:

The launch of the fourth, and supposedly final, chapter in the film series will be accompanied by the release of the three previous elements: “Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone,” “Evangelion:2.22 You Can (Not) Advance” and “Evangelion:3.33 You Can (Not) Redo.”

Hell yeah

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
i really wanted a lovely cam rip for reasons of tradition so if anyone wants to point a camera at their tv all askew and eat snacks loudly and stuff hit me up

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

YAYYYYAYYYYYYAYAAYAYAYYY!!!!!!

I'm so glad it's coming this soon, holy poo poo, yes...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

loving lol if Amazon reduds it because if not then this is the last time Spike Spencer will be in anything important

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Freedom

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Aww there go my jokes about the entire Hathaway Trilogy being on Netflix first.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

*smirks just like Gendo*

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Disappointed there'a no theatrical release, but I'm happy it's just over a month away.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Might have to wait ten days and just watch it on one of the big screens at work as a birthday present to myself

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Any news on who the dub cast is going to be?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Any news on who the dub cast is going to be?

I'd be surprised if this release has a dub.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Midjack posted:

I'd be surprised if this release has a dub.

Article says:

"Amazon Prime Video will make it available with 10 different language dubs (including English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian) and provide subtitles in 28 languages."

So I guess you're surprised tenfold, huh? :smug:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Article says:

"Amazon Prime Video will make it available with 10 different language dubs (including English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian) and provide subtitles in 28 languages."

So I guess you're surprised tenfold, huh? :smug:

Lmao loving banner ad loaded over that paragraph the first time I read it. Yeah I'm surprised.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I have deep amusement that it's not coming to Netflix

The Kabaneri film is on Netflix while the series is on Amazon. At least with Eva the first rebuild movie is self contained enough to stand on its own. The Kabaneri movie doesn’t make any sense without the series. It’s basically just 6 more episodes.

Sounds like the leaks that it was going to be releaseD on Amazon (and has probably been sitting on Bezos’ servers for his sole enjoyment) were correct.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Jeff Bezos quit Amazon because he watched Eva 3.0 + 1.0 and realized his life was complete

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Pulcinella posted:

The Kabaneri film is on Netflix while the series is on Amazon. At least with Eva the first rebuild movie is self contained enough to stand on its own. The Kabaneri movie doesn’t make any sense without the series. It’s basically just 6 more episodes.

Sounds like the leaks that it was going to be releaseD on Amazon (and has probably been sitting on Bezos’ servers for his sole enjoyment) were correct.

The series isn’t on Netflix in other regions? It is in Japan. Makes me wonder what their plans are for movie streaming in Japan, given they made a point to say they wouldn’t air on Amazon here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The United States posted:

Jeff Bezos quit Amazon because he watched Eva 3.0 + 1.0 and realized his life was complete

PEACEFUL TIMES, WE'VE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

So uh call me crazy but, maybe they should capitalize on this hype by making the other three films available for streaming

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

So uh call me crazy but, maybe they should capitalize on this hype by making the other three films available for streaming

I thought that was what they were doing. People have seen listings for the whole set.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

I'm pretty sure they're dropping all 4 if I read that report right.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Oh ok then, that would be the obvious thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

Oh ok then, that would be the obvious thing to do.

I mean, to be fair, not doing the obvious thing is kind of on-brand for Anno.