Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

kid sinister posted:

Carpeted bathroom aside, have you ever had to vacuum the ceiling?

Also, where the door to this room?

Ok, there should be a time traveling point 'n' click game just all with pictures from this thread. Myst style

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Underrated album

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Armacham posted:

Underrated album

and band. New documentary is being made, looks interesting.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

I hope whoever did this stubs their toe every single morning for the rest of their lives

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Keyser_Soze posted:

what an amazing hero dog!
Yes!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kid sinister posted:

have you ever had to vacuum the ceiling?

Yes? How the gently caress else do I get the cobwebs?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1410637275965308930

???????????????????

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Does nobody remember the classics?

Homer posted:

There was a branching olive-tree inside our court,
grown to its full prime, the bole like a column, thickset.
Around it I built my bedroom, finished off the walls . . .
Then I lopped the leafy crown of the olive,
clean-cutting the stump bare from roots up,
planing it round with a bronze smoothing-adze—
I had the skill—I shaped it plumb to the line to make
my bedpost, bored the holes it needed with an auger.
Working from there I built my bed, start to finish.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I posted a house with a big ol' rock in the middle of it. I'll see if I can find it.

found it:

FCKGW posted:

Looking at houses today and I found one that is a bit off. Can you spot it from this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/10968-Pettegrew-Rd-92507/home/5056615

:eyepop:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Zopotantor posted:

Does nobody remember the classics?

What about the other classic "tree in a house"?

One of the few addresses off Zillow seared into my memory.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

It's 1 acre of ocean front property. That building is gone. The tree can stay.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How do you even accomplish that? Is that bottom made of clear epoxy resin?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Gorilla mask for the tub.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

"You should start manscaping, they said. Women love it, they said."

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

By popular demand posted:

How do you even accomplish that? Is that bottom made of clear epoxy resin?

Shitwater backed up into the tub, then it dried out or drained back out, leaving a, uh, coating.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/3-rescued-after-deck-collapses-in-montgomery-county/2718969/?amp

Deck collapse this happened up the road from my place a bit.
Saw a news helicopter flying about

Surprisingly sounds like it wasn't from overcrowding this time. We did get a poo poo load of rain last night.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

They evacuated another highrise condo in Miami after it was found to be structurally unsafe.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I think that's going to be happening a lot now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What the hell happens? Oh sorry your 400k condo is worth zero dollars now and you can't go back in? Home owners insurance? They're gonna go bankrupt.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

GreenNight posted:

What the hell happens? Oh sorry your 400k condo is worth zero dollars now and you can't go back in? Home owners insurance? They're gonna go bankrupt.

This is America so...Lawsuits! Lawsuits for everyone! And Counter suits for good measure!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Oof, it was deemed unsafe in January and they're only considering that relevant after another building collapsed?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MH Knights posted:

This is America so...Lawsuits! Lawsuits for everyone! And Counter suits for good measure!

Building deemed too big to fail.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreenNight posted:

Yeah most of these folks are going to be destitute. They will be legally obligated to keep paying their mortgage, keep paying the monthly assessment to the condo board, pay the special assessment to repair the building, and also pay for a new place to live. If that was your home (not an investment property or vacation home) you're hosed.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah most of these folks are going to be destitute. They will be legally obligated to keep paying their mortgage, keep paying the monthly assessment to the condo board, pay the special assessment to repair the building, and also pay for a new place to live. If that was your home (not an investment property or vacation home) you're hosed.

That's capitalism!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

How bad would it be to just walk away from it all? I mean you’re credit would be in the toilet but what’re they gonna do? Come take your house?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreenNight posted:

How bad would it be to just walk away from it all? I mean you’re credit would be in the toilet but what’re they gonna do? Come take your house?

Walking away doesn't remove your legal obligation to pay. You'd have to declare bankruptcy, which would probably reduce your net worth to 0 rather than negative 300k. Having your credit hosed that thoroughly could make it hard to rent though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Isn’t that a plot point in some Tom Hanks movie? He says “gently caress my credit, I’m over it” and hands the keys to the bank and they’re all flummoxed by his dastardly self-own but ultimately powerless to stop him?

Something like that, anyhow.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Facebook Aunt posted:

Walking away doesn't remove your legal obligation to pay. You'd have to declare bankruptcy, which would probably reduce your net worth to 0 rather than negative 300k. Having your credit hosed that thoroughly could make it hard to rent though.
Bankruptcy would gently caress your credit less than just skipping out on payments until they're too old to be reportable on a credit report(which takes so many years you'd have likely rebuilt your credit by then if you'd just declared bankruptcy from the get-go), at least.

Additional info since a lot of people get confused about it:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/debt-collection-faqs#debts posted:

What if my debt is old?

Debt doesn’t usually go away, but debt collectors do have a limited amount of time to sue you to collect on a debt. This time period is called the “statute of limitations,” and it usually starts when you miss a payment on a debt. After the statute of limitations runs out, your unpaid debt is considered to be “time-barred.”

If a debt is time-barred, a debt collector can no longer sue you to collect it. In fact, it’s against the law for a debt collector to sue you for not paying a debt that’s time-barred. If you do get sued for a time-barred debt, tell the judge that the statute of limitations has run out.

How long the statute of limitations lasts depends on what kind of debt it is and the law in your state — or the state specified in your credit contract or agreement creating the debt.

Also, under the laws of some states, if you make a payment or even acknowledge in writing that you owe the debt, the clock resets and a new statute of limitations period begins. In that case, your debt isn’t time-barred anymore.

Does a time-barred debt stay on my credit report?

Yes. Negative information — like past-due debts — can generally stay on your credit report for seven years.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Haifisch posted:

Bankruptcy would gently caress your credit less than just skipping out on payments until they're too old to be reportable on a credit report(which takes so many years you'd have likely rebuilt your credit by then if you'd just declared bankruptcy from the get-go), at least.

Additional info since a lot of people get confused about it:

Creditors will file suit to toll the statute. It's not like they'll just sit around and let the clock run out.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's even more difficult to file for bankruptcy in the US these days.

I did read somewhere about a dude in Atlanta who could see that the housing market had gone insane even before the last bubble burst. he refinanced for like a million over purchase price and then took his equity and bailed

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://i.imgur.com/ni4quyS.mp4

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

drat you beat me. I didn't know this was kickin rad construction

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I thought that was the start of a rollercoaster. I wanted to see suds flying everywhere as a naked guy desperately tries to stay in his tub.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hmm water's getting cold, better let in some more hot

whirrrrrrrclunkrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrFWAPfwapfwaprrrrr-
splassshhhhhhhhh

aaaah, better. And now back outside!

whirrrrrr

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I thought that was the start of a rollercoaster. I wanted to see suds flying everywhere as a naked guy desperately tries to stay in his tub.

I thought it was going to be some kind of Wallace and Gromit setup. The balcony would lower and drive the tub through the kitchen so he could eat breakfast in the bath or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The entire house is bathtub-accessible :hmmyes: