Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

pentyne posted:

There must be some element of being a vtuber is a more ideal situation for any female streamers because they won't get harassed about their appearance, and they aren't recognized in public.

The freaks are still gonna freak, but a vtuber doesn't have to sit through scrolling walls of comments complaining she doesn't look good because she didn't put on makeup.

Never forget the streamer in Japan who was stalked because some otaku was able to pinpoint her location from a reflection on her eyeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Fubuki is doing a RTA run in Minecraft to try and beat the Ender dragon before she reaches 1.5 mil subs. She's farming endermen for pearls right now with about 2k subs till she reaches 1.5mil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_V2J6bRNr8

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 2, 2021

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Miyamura showing up on Tamaki's channel was just a portent of things to come, huh...

Is NorioPro the SEELE of the vtuber world?

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I really wish Hololivers would just let the regular Minecraft music play instead of adding their own background music. Some of it (like Gura’s and Ina’s) is okay, but I can’t watch Watame’s Minecraft streams because I feel like I’m at a kindergarten play.

https://youtu.be/KUSZSifLYbY

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mekyabetsu posted:

I really wish Hololivers would just let the regular Minecraft music play instead of adding their own background music. Some of it (like Gura’s and Ina’s) is okay, but I can’t watch Watame’s Minecraft streams because I feel like I’m at a kindergarten play.

I don't think they have streaming rights for the in-game music, yes it's incredibly stupid.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Mito's announcement from her stream was that she's going to hold a solo live at Zepp DiverCity Tokyo avenue in November and she'll be using the recently unveiled new music label visual 3D model for it as well.

https://twitter.com/nijisanji_app/status/1410962752038973445?s=20

She also talked a bit about Lulu and her graduation reason and reminisced about her own infamous "poster incident" from a couple of years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OoAz4LiKU

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 2, 2021

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

njsykora posted:

I don't think they have streaming rights for the in-game music, yes it's incredibly stupid.

I’m amazed the Minecraft music isn’t just public domain at this point.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

njsykora posted:

Pretty sure they do, since the in game music has been used before in multiple HLers' streams and a key part of Miko's haunted house was a CD containing one of the creepy in-game tracks.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

mekyabetsu posted:

If you are watching a Watame stream for minecraft you are doing it wrong. You catch the last 4 hours where its just a zatsudan and she's being comfy eating chips, and occasionally being moved to tears by how much her Watamates adore her.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Counter point: perfectly on brand Minecraft music like Nene.

Or Miko. :twisted:

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

AmbientParadox posted:

Never forget the streamer in Japan who was stalked because some otaku was able to pinpoint her location from a reflection on her eyeball.

Any link to this? I would love to learn more about this nightmare horror.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3AsDT0M7Q&t=8940s

Timestamp for Coco's OG song. Go listen to it because this is a legit character development moment. :colbert:

No official release yet, but, from what she said, it sounded like it'd happen in due time.

Reminder that there is a non-bleeped version of Weather Hackers (AsaCoco ver.) here.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
They also just uploaded her last stage performance of Weather Hackers as it's own video on her channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT__We9HFYU

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Carteret posted:

If you are watching a Watame stream for minecraft you are doing it wrong. You catch the last 4 hours where its just a zatsudan and she's being comfy eating chips, and occasionally being moved to tears by how much her Watamates adore her.

If I was actually paying attention to Minecraft, I wouldn’t mind the music. I put on Watame streams for cozy background noise while I’m doing other things. Minecraft would normally be perfect for that, but… that music.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mekyabetsu posted:

Imagine Minecraft without Pekora's Minecraft BGM, smh

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Supremezero posted:

Imagine Minecraft without Pekora's Minecraft BGM, smh

Oddly enough, Pekora’s doesn’t bother me.

untitled username
Apr 30, 2009

Doomykins posted:

Counter point: perfectly on brand Minecraft music like Nene.

Or Miko. :twisted:

My favorite example of this, especially every time it cuts to Sora: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVnAYVFYTgk

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Revolver Bunker posted:

They also just uploaded her last stage performance of Weather Hackers as it's own video on her channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT__We9HFYU

its kinda better with the bleeps tbh

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The biggest problem with using Minecraft's music as a stream BGM is that it's really sporadic without an addon/data pack. There's just way too much dead air. Some in HoloEN used it early on, but they would turn off the game music and pull up compilation videos on YouTube, just to avoid that silence.

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Tormented posted:

Any link to this? I would love to learn more about this nightmare horror.

Infoseek News archive link
Guy's name is Hibiki Sato if you wanna search up English reposts

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW6loYASNFc&t=66s

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anya did a Cooking Simulator stream where if she dropped a pizza the stream ends. It went longer than I expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFr2q7djdQ

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

mekyabetsu posted:

If I was actually paying attention to Minecraft, I wouldn’t mind the music. I put on Watame streams for cozy background noise while I’m doing other things. Minecraft would normally be perfect for that, but… that music.

That has been her defacto minecraft music since at least March of last year and I think it might be something she created on her own. She uses the same music for her intermission video intros. Oddly enough the music does the opposite and phases out for me when I'm watching/listening to Watame.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Steely Glint posted:

Infoseek News archive link
Guy's name is Hibiki Sato if you wanna search up English reposts

Thank god for V-tuber technology then. This is horrifying.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Pomu Rainpuff has had some batshit bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJkPwpUTlEE

Although they didn't clip the moment right before on this on the same stream when she said she's becoming a part-time OL and full time VTuber starting this week.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

I've had Weather Hackers☆ stuck in my head since yesterday, and I feel like maybe the version truest to Coco would be the clean lyrics but with "mother fuckers" instead of "weather hackers".

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

golden bubble posted:

Pomu Rainpuff has had some batshit bosses.

That's... a whole lot of bad luck when it comes to bosses :staredog:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Pomu has rocketed up to be at the top of my favorite vtubers along with a few others pretty quickly. She's really fun.

I was thinking about this earlier, Pekora is definitely one of the most influential as far as making the Hololive Minecraft server as good as it is. Which others do you think are essential to that? This isn't to say that everyone hasn't contributed in their own way, but I don't think the Hololive server would be quite as vibrant and fun and full of character as it is without a few of them being so creative and inspiring others in their own creativity.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Viridiant posted:

Pomu has rocketed up to be at the top of my favorite vtubers along with a few others pretty quickly. She's really fun.

I was thinking about this earlier, Pekora is definitely one of the most influential as far as making the Hololive Minecraft server as good as it is. Which others do you think are essential to that? This isn't to say that everyone hasn't contributed in their own way, but I don't think the Hololive server would be quite as vibrant and fun and full of character as it is without a few of them being so creative and inspiring others in their own creativity.

i dunno how much was inspiration from pekora, but all the 5th gen girls had a lot of enthusiasm with projects they all wanted to do.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Brunom1 posted:

That's... a whole lot of bad luck when it comes to bosses :staredog:

I think my experience in that area really taints my perspective but I had no problem immediately believing all of those stories when Pomu told them live.

Completely putting aside my experience with awful management working for an Amazon subsidiary:

In college I worked at a pita place that was essentially just a Subway but different. One time before a store meeting the owner called me over to look at some security camera footage because he thought the one black person who worked there, who was hired only two or three weeks before this with no time for the owner to actually interact with him, was coming in to the store during night shift to steal food. The person in the camera footage was very obviously me, ratty clothes and a bandana (oklahoma gets hot and muggy y'all) and almost as pale as the white plastic counter tops, coming in to make some free dinner (because minimum wage sucks) and help out night shift with all the drunks around 2:30am. This new hire was the cleanest and nicest worker in the entire store by a long shot, the rest of us where hipsters or grunge punks. The owner was talking like he was about to fire whoever this was and started to talk about how he can't trust any of 'those people' when I immediately interrupted to say 'Ray, that's me.' He followed up with 'oh, uh, please pay for your food' and then dropped it and closed the footage he had been watching on loop for a few minutes before talking to me about it. He wanted me to confirm that it was the one black person who had ever worked there who never once dressed like me.

For a time the boss would have his mother come in to run shifts incredibly poorly. She would try to clean floors while all the tables were busy instead of in between rushes, etc. One time she yelled at a very pregnant coworker for suddenly needing to use the restroom while there where still customers in line at the register even though I quickly took over for her, resulting in one of the very few times I've yelled at an old lady.

The icing on the cake though was that one time the owner stole all of our paychecks in order to make the payments for a new house he just bought and couldn't afford. One of the managers spent three days on the phone with him because we all needed that money for bills, one person needed it for court fees in order to avoid painful legal ramifications. He finally admitted what he did to the manager, a lady a year younger than me, and told her that he could put enough money in the account for her alone to deposit her paycheck without it bouncing. We hung signs in front of every camera that read 'give us our loving money' and finished out the shift by giving every customer our 15% employee discount before locking up the store in the middle of the day and relaying the story to all the other workers, most of whom quit immediately. This franchise no longer exists in my state, I expect the owner pulled similar bs at the other two locations.

People who want to be bosses and owners should probably never be allowed to be bosses or owners.

Stay out of the service industry y'all, there's a reason so many of these vtubers have horror stories.

apologies for wordy words.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Viridiant posted:

Pekora's got that perfect balance of funny charisma, creativity, willingness to put in the hours for large projects, and willingness to prank the poo poo out of the other Hololive girls that just makes for entertaining streams.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Viridiant posted:

The awe-inspiring might of Haachama's builds is pretty cool, imo.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Viridiant posted:

If I'm remembering things right Aqua was the one who tried to revive the Minecraft server when she starting building her new home. People started to trickle back into Minecraft and there was a revival of the neighbor war between Shion and Aqua. It also brought in 3rd gen who had not played much if at all on the new server and 4 gen as well. On top of Pekora having great projects and committing crimes against humanity we also saw Flare start to take interest in the game. Then just about everyone came back to play on the server here and there. If I had to list out the big Minecraft holomembers they would be:

Pekora
Aqua
Flare
Watame
Haachama
Miko

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Double Negative translated the lovely Japanese in the clip of miko's henry stikmin jojo scene. I appreciate it because it really puts into context everyone's utter bafflement of going "they're speaking japanese?" to "wait...is...is this even japanese??!?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5SVn3OLnNc&hd=1

Belan
May 7, 2007
Vshojo DnD episode 3 coming up.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Revolver Bunker posted:

If I'm remembering things right Aqua was the one who tried to revive the Minecraft server when she starting building her new home. People started to trickle back into Minecraft and there was a revival of the neighbor war between Shion and Aqua. It also brought in 3rd gen who had not played much if at all on the new server and 4 gen as well. On top of Pekora having great projects and committing crimes against humanity we also saw Flare start to take interest in the game. Then just about everyone came back to play on the server here and there. If I had to list out the big Minecraft holomembers they would be:

Pekora
Aqua
Flare
Watame
Haachama
Miko

Yeah, I think at some point Aqua was the only person playing MC and she'd beg the other members to log on at check out the poo poo she made. She probably single handledly saved the the JP minecraft server as we know it now. I'm kind of hyped that Akukin looks to be doing stuff again, to quote Pekora a few months ago, "it's too peaceful on the server".

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Revolver Bunker posted:

That has been her defacto minecraft music since at least March of last year and I think it might be something she created on her own. She uses the same music for her intermission video intros. Oddly enough the music does the opposite and phases out for me when I'm watching/listening to Watame.

All of watame's BGMs are remixes of her original songs. I actually didn't realize her main minecraft song had lyrics until like 6 months after I started watching.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dezinus posted:

All of watame's BGMs are remixes of her original songs. I actually didn't realize her main minecraft song had lyrics until like 6 months after I started watching.

Huh, that somehow wasn't the song I was expecting

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Belan posted:

Vshojo DnD episode 3 coming up.

either Arcadum has been doing butt-metal karaoke for like ten minutes now or there's an album that I desperately need

Sora thoughts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTFqzhD8xEk

the thing to consider about coco getting to come back for guest appearances, like fulfilling her promise of singing with sora, is that if sora requests it there's like zero way cover can say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belan
May 7, 2007

Wudz posted:

either Arcadum has been doing butt-metal karaoke for like ten minutes now or there's an album that I desperately need

He has two DnD streams today, I hope he doesn't destroy his voice lol