Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, OtakMori has the dubious honor of being called out by HoloLive representatives on the subreddit as being incompetent which makes me wary about watching any clips they make now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Just Andi Now posted:

Yeah, OtakMori has the dubious honor of being called out by HoloLive representatives on the subreddit as being incompetent which makes me wary about watching any clips they make now.

This reminds me - there was a post earlier in the thread edited out because it was a bad translator, and I'm aware of _some_ drama accounts that just post utter poo poo in hopes of getting views, but is there a list somewhere?

Like of people to avoid - although maybe that would be counter-productive now that I think about it. =S

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lor posted:

This reminds me - there was a post earlier in the thread edited out because it was a bad translator, and I'm aware of _some_ drama accounts that just post utter poo poo in hopes of getting views, but is there a list somewhere?

Like of people to avoid - although maybe that would be counter-productive now that I think about it. =S

Usually when that happens it's just because it was OtakMori tbh. They're probably the only name on almost everyone's shitlist

e: vvvv they, at least, were nice enough to take their ball and go home so no one actually has to worry about sharing their stuff by accident

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 5, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Remember Hololive Moments :lol:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

there are other sub channels that are either a little too clickbaity or have kinda bad translations, but they're usually either making good faith mistakes (not as good in english/japanese as they should be) or tiny enough to barely matter (all the idiots who sub one clip and then just post real faces/previous lives and poo poo).

OtakMori is the big one on "actually being malicious in editing/lovely enough translations for it to matter" who actually has something resembling a reach.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RealFoxy posted:

PYF Hololive member slipping out of character

Mine is still Pekora/Korone's collab. Pekora got so flustered by Korone's bad "Peko" laugh she was using her natural voice multiple times this collab
the fan animation of this is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEcTPXTcgk&hd=1

the "u po po po po" face pekora has at the start kills me every time. korone and pekora are real good together

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Who was the guy who was stirring drama then made a vtuber model of himself? I seem to remember that was a thing

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Every time I remember Hololive Moments big dramatic meltdown I laugh. Like how stupid do you have to be to side with antis against one of the most popular members and expect people to support you with that.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Lor posted:

Who was the guy who was stirring drama then made a vtuber model of himself? I seem to remember that was a thing

Bird-kun made it seem like Miko's hospitalization was very serious.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I hate drama just as much as I love vtubers.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

ol yeller posted:

I hate drama just as much as I love vtubers.

Yeah, actually, sorry, I was remembering early days when I got into vtubers and I watched a few channels that I very quickly realised were horrible monsters.

Maybe they're better left unsaid =D

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
It’s unfortunate because otakmori has some good choices for clips despite that

I think sushi is the most annoying clickbaity translator at least in terms of quantity, so many tiny clickbaity videos interspersed with good ones

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K57XcDsUl6A
Dunno if it's been posted, but Miko posted an ELITE cover for Gyari's "Akari has arrived"

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Sushi is super clickbaity and their subs are often left wanting (as is the standard for speedsubbing channels) but their clips are usually fine and get the overall meaning across properly. Otakmori aside, apparently CMT is also known for drama-baiting with some of their clip selections, but in general take any clips that come out within 24 hours or so of the source stream with a grain of salt as to their accuracy, especially if you notice obvious cuts.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There's a reason I mostly stick to watching EN Vtuber clips, there's no risk of the clipper using a... creative interpretation of what's being said.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I only know Sushi as Subaru's primary clipper.

Kibibit posted:

Dunno if it's been posted, but Miko posted an ELITE cover for Gyari's "Akari has arrived"
It was but it's worth a repost.

Come to think of it, given it's drawn by GYARI have any of the VOMS covered it?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i thought vtube tengoku was subaru's primary clipper. hes even a mod in her chat now

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Vtube Tengoku is for sure one of the best clippers, he has a good variety of clips from different girls.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

i thought vtube tengoku was subaru's primary clipper. hes even a mod in her chat now

He's got clips of Subaru reacting to his clips.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Kyte posted:

I only know Sushi as Subaru's primary clipper.

You might have just mistaken Sushi for this because Sushi's youtube avatar is a picture of Subaru :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Vtube Tengoku is for sure one of the best clippers, he has a good variety of clips from different girls.
He's basically the unofficial, official clipper for a handful of the girls.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I like vtuber tengoku

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g971wtgtAaY

Nene asking overseas bros for english translations of english words is :discourse:

I've noticed more signs with EN translations in the JP server recently and can't help but wonder if they're preparing for the eventual connection between the EN/JP servers.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Probably also a big influence HoloID has had on the server, they've (Moona) have built some really good poo poo and the members have taken notice (also good English practice too I'd assume)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lurking Haro posted:

Bird-kun made it seem like Miko's hospitalization was very serious.

Yeah Bird-kun sucks and his translations are always pretty bad (I think he might be ESL though so yannow)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

theyre never connecting jp to en, theyve said it over and over. it will be interesting to see the current en crop have the senpai situation with the new ens coming in a couple months, seeing what the new people to do their stinky little town. maybe someone will make a permanent iron farm finally :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rubellavator posted:

I've noticed more signs with EN translations in the JP server recently and can't help but wonder if they're preparing for the eventual connection between the EN/JP servers.
That and about half of holoJP actively studying english and wanting to show off.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

theyre never connecting jp to en, theyve said it over and over. it will be interesting to see the current en crop have the senpai situation with the new ens coming in a couple months, seeing what the new people to do their stinky little town. maybe someone will make a permanent iron farm finally :v:

they've been talking about it for months as something they'll do once they beat the ender dragon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's not really a Minecraft addict in EN right now so I don't know if they'd connect servers just yet. Mori would be the only one who would get good enough ping anyway since she's the only one still in Japan :v:

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
they say "once the Ender Dragon is dead" but IDK if anyone's working towards killing it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Falls Down Stairs posted:

they say "once the Ender Dragon is dead" but IDK if anyone's working towards killing it

yeah that's the problem, but the festival seems to have given them a little more motivation.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

They have all the poo poo they need between Ina's offstream farming and Kiara's trading village, it basically boils down to Kiara taking the initiative and kicking off the collab to do it. I think all of them really had a lot of fun at the Usaken festival interacting with the JP members, so they're all keen on linking the servers.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Gura starting off strong with snorting white bread fresh from the freezer. :allears:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I love ame's hosed up impossible zoo so much

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Gura starting off strong with snorting white bread fresh from the freezer. :allears:

I like when I don't even know what Gura's streaming and I just see a post like this no context because as far as I know she's just doing that IRL, and I could be right

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Log082 posted:

I love ame's hosed up impossible zoo so much

An OSHA nightmare but the Zookeeper is cute so it's ok.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Paper Lion posted:

Yeah as much as people love bringing up jp to en, its seriously all just wishful thinking. If they listened to what the women behind the youthful avatars have to actually say, they would know that. Not that I'm crazy about it, but seriously they're cool where they're at.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

I like when I don't even know what Gura's streaming and I just see a post like this no context because as far as I know she's just doing that IRL, and I could be right

She's playing a horror game with a frozen loaf of white bread IRL for sniffing purposes.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

ol yeller posted:

Yeah as much as people love bringing up jp to en, its seriously all just wishful thinking. If they listened to what the women behind the youthful avatars have to actually say, they would know that. Not that I'm crazy about it, but seriously they're cool where they're at.

Don't weirdly scold people for "not listening" when multiple EN girls have said they'll link it after they beat the ender dragon.

Now, if you want to speculate that they'll never actually beat the ender dragon, that's entirely fair.

Gura: "What does holy water taste like? Probably like salty, right? Or like tap water?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

She's playing a horror game with a frozen loaf of white bread IRL for sniffing purposes.

It's an extremely Gura thing that I'm still confused even after the explanation.