Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She's a toother!

A toother?

She uses her teeth!

What do you mean, she uses her teeth?

I mean, she uses her teeth!

To what, not... what, to separate bricks?

She uses her teeth to separate bricks!

She's a toother?

A dyed-in-the-wool toother.

Whoa, hey. What'd I miss? What's the buzz?

Jerry's new girlfriend is a toother!

...a toother, Jer?

You don't gotta tell me, Kramer, I know!

Come on, man! A toother's bad news!

Toother's terrible news! The bricks, Jerry, they get them all--

--toothy!

--exactly, toothy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
This thread is gold, jerry.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I guess a Seinfeld set isn't so bad, after all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:siren: Double VIP Points - July 12th to 18th :siren:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I’m definitely getting the dumb Seinfeld set. Hope they do a second one that is vignettes or something with popular secondary characters.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

djfooboo posted:

I’m definitely getting the dumb Seinfeld set. Hope they do a second one that is vignettes or something with popular secondary characters.

That's may actually be quite likely since the rumour mill at the moment is that the VIP gift with purchase is a Bob Sacamano polybag based on leaked images.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Off the top of my head...
- Courtney Cox was Jerry's gf in one episode, she has a Friends minifig
- Marisa Tomei was George's gf in one episode (I know...), probably had an Aunt May minifig
- Jon Favreau ("you're hung up on a clown from the 60s, man") got a Happy minifig
- James Spader (mad at George for stretching out his sweater neck hole) got an Ultron minifig, but reusing that face might look odd

Would probably be fun looking at all the different "non-yellow" heads on bricklink and seeing whose faces matched close enough for Puddy etc.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's may actually be quite likely since the rumour mill at the moment is that the VIP gift with purchase is a Bob Sacamano polybag based on leaked images.

I dunno, an empty polybag isn't much of a GWP.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

esperantinc posted:

I dunno, an empty polybag isn't much of a GWP.
It's a toy about nothing.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Electromax posted:

Off the top of my head...
- Courtney Cox was Jerry's gf in one episode, she has a Friends minifig
- Marisa Tomei was George's gf in one episode (I know...), probably had an Aunt May minifig
- Jon Favreau ("you're hung up on a clown from the 60s, man") got a Happy minifig
- James Spader (mad at George for stretching out his sweater neck hole) got an Ultron minifig, but reusing that face might look odd

Would probably be fun looking at all the different "non-yellow" heads on bricklink and seeing whose faces matched close enough for Puddy etc.

Holy poo poo that was Jon favreau??

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
EDIT: Never mind, I just remembered they were only doing five of the eight offered.

Why did the ones that aren't sold out go "unavailable?"

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/introducing.page

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Electromax posted:

Citizenbrick did this a while ago, but it's not available on their site anymore.
https://warehouse19.se/en/citizen-brick/citizen-brick/citizen-brick-8-ball-jacket-torso/
Maybe if you email them about it they'll put it back into production.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Oh. Here's their take on the frilly shirt.
https://citizenbrick.com/products/pirate-shirt

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

deoju posted:

Citizenbrick did this a while ago, but it's not available on their site anymore.
https://warehouse19.se/en/citizen-brick/citizen-brick/citizen-brick-8-ball-jacket-torso/

drat, I'd love one of these.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

deoju posted:

A fimty kroner? How much is that?

edit: poo poo this is the LEGO thread not the Seinfeld thread. WORLDS ARE COLLIDING

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Seriously email them and suggest it. If I were them I'd rush to make a set with Puddy, Newman and toss in the frilly shirt. It'd totally sell now that there's an official set.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Looking forward to Lego Art Kramer

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My son decided that he wants to sell all of his legos, which come from broken down sets from 2009 until now. Minecraft, Ninjago, some kind of Knights, and so on. It fills a big tupperware bin under his bed, and we have bagged them up into gallon ziploc bags.

It's not pretty but it's how it is. For 10 years he has built things out of the remnants of old sets.

But we're having a garage sale and he's asking how he should price those bags. I'm just looking for general advice.

Here's a pic:

I have no idea if these are better just listed on Craigslist or something...

Any advice is appreciated! He hopes to make a few bucks. God knows it's probably over a thousand dollars worth of sets, although I'm fully aware they aren't worth very much in the state they are in. (We're not done bagging them up yet)

Edit: He is keeping "the guys" separate:

Chinook fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 7, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you are willing to go through and get all the pieces for the sets together, you can probably make a decent amount of money. if it's just bags of bricks, you probably won't get more than bulk lego prices.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Yeah, that sounds about right. I guess I should just figure out what bulk Lego prices are and label them as such. Is it by pound, basically?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Usually $8-$10 a pound

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chinook posted:

My son decided that he wants to sell all of his legos, which come from broken down sets from 2009 until now. Minecraft, Ninjago, some kind of Knights, and so on. It fills a big tupperware bin under his bed, and we have bagged them up into gallon ziploc bags.

It's not pretty but it's how it is. For 10 years he has built things out of the remnants of old sets.

But we're having a garage sale and he's asking how he should price those bags. I'm just looking for general advice.

Here's a pic:

I have no idea if these are better just listed on Craigslist or something...

Any advice is appreciated! He hopes to make a few bucks. God knows it's probably over a thousand dollars worth of sets, although I'm fully aware they aren't worth very much in the state they are in. (We're not done bagging them up yet)

Edit: He is keeping "the guys" separate:

Tell him that if he goes through and recreates 100% complete sets, he will make a lot more money. Otherwise no more than $10 a pound. $5 is pretty standard.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
$10/pound was the ballpark for a while, maybe it's increased? I doubt you'll have any trouble moving legos unless they are mixed with other toys or in bad shape or whatever.

Make him read all the posts about people regretting selling their childhood legos while you weigh them out.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Tell him you found a buyer for $300, give him the money and hold on to them for 15 years and then give them back to him.

Sorry if that feels like a lovely thing to say. Money can be tight.

deoju fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 7, 2021

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Better plan, weigh them out and then buy them and throw them in a storage chest for him along with a letter. If you want to go the extra mile take your best guess at what sets they were. Then lock it up and update your will.

LEGO will keep, and it will still be a thing. I’m glad I have what parts of my childhood LEGO I have, because my parents just kept it.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I appreciate that advice. Maybe I’ll take a route like that.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I remember getting rid of a lot of stuff between 11-13 that years later I was like ehhhh I should have held on to that considering doing so would have cost me nothing, thankfully lego was not one of those things

it’s not like giving away your plastic dinosaurs (which I gave to a family friends kid who enjoyed them more than I did having them in a box in the basement), you will come to have a second appreciation for lego later in life is my and many others experience

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
To be a really evil parent you could let them sell but only via bricklink :twisted:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What sort of grownup plays with legoes? 😂

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Chinook posted:

I appreciate that advice. Maybe I’ll take a route like that.

This thread is a bunch of grown rear end adults posting about toys on a dead forum. We are loving nerds and aren't exactly objective. You know your kid and your financial circumstances better than us. But I will say this, the fun I have rebuilding my old sets with my brother and my dad on holidays is great.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Brawnfire posted:

What sort of grownup plays with legoes? 😂

AFOL ones

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My brother has successfully handed down our “big bin of Legos” to my nephew, so it was definitely worth holding on to them for twenty years. And it’s useful that they are already in pretty poor condition so no one needs to be precious about them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Rumours of another Ninjago modular coming next year, albeit smaller (1300 pieces) and cheaper (~$120).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Personally I don't have any attachment to the Lego sets I had as a kid, but I think it's because Lego has gotten so much better in the interim, at least as something adults can enjoy. I love displaying old Kenner Star Wars figures, but have no desire to reconstruct the early 80s Shell gas station when I look at our huge row of modulars, or push the on button of my slow-rear end space monorail when I have all these remote control trains, although I appreciate how much easier the monorail was to elevate.

On the other hand, I'd pay him for the bulk Lego, hide them, then return them as an adult simply because going through them and 100%ing each set may not be something he feels like doing right now, but will make a lot more money, and even moreso 15 years from now. Plus it's just a fun thing to do.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I'm really glad I still have ALL my childhood lego. Thanks dad

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Rumours of another Ninjago modular coming next year, albeit smaller (1300 pieces) and cheaper (~$120).

I like the small shop in the Monkie Kid set with the big Megazord looking guy. I hope it's like that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Something AFOL, the instructions make you stupid.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The black background ones do, anyway

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Was in the middle of a lesson and this happened:

Guess I know what I'm doing for the next hour or so!

As part of an earlier lesson I'd been asking students to make a bucket list of their hopes and dreams, and one of them said she wanted a 68 Ford Mustang. I told her about the Lego version, which she was unaware of, and next week she'd bought it! I was glad to spread the Lego joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’ve also had the new AT-AT slide off the shelf. Something about it is not quite as stable as the prior one.