Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

*squints* Where...? I read someone saying it's the boat scene, but I swear I can't tell what if that's really very tiny Mobius with very tiny Loki.

Ah, you're right. It looks like the Pompei scene that I thought was new. Sorry. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in that teaser is loki shooting a fireball from his knife

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

mutata posted:

Ah, you're right. It looks like the Pompei scene that I thought was new. Sorry. :(

Don't worry!

But anyways, there is indeed someone else with Loki when he is going Harry Potter in the boat, but the image is too blurry and the figures too small to tell if it's another variant Loki, Sylvie or Mobius. Crossing my fingers it's our boy Mobius.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

Don't worry!

But anyways, there is indeed someone else with Loki when he is going Harry Potter in the boat, but the image is too blurry and the figures too small to tell if it's another variant Loki, Sylvie or Mobius. Crossing my fingers it's our boy Mobius.

Loki would probably react with contempt, disgust and possible violence at you comparing him to Harry Potter.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Everyone posted:

Loki would probably react with contempt, disgust and possible violence at you comparing him to Harry Potter.

:colbert: Well ,I'm sorry He is doing the Harry Potter pose. I'm not even a fan of the franchise and couldn't help but notice (and laugh a lot).

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

omg Thanoscopter

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

VectorSigma posted:

omg Thanoscopter

And Throg inna jar!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Holy poo poo lmao Thanos Copter

Also Richard E. Grant really kicked rear end in this episode.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

That was amazing I need more seasons of this immediately.

No credits stinger this time, btw.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm watching Black Widow in an hour so I can post some info if you guys would like (I think that's earlier than the US release). Anything to remember to note?

I've got just enough time to fit in the latest episode of Loki before my session.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Wait. Wait…didn’t somebody here predict seeing a Polybius game cabinet in the background? Because there totally loving was a Polybius game cabinet in the background.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm watching Black Widow in an hour so I can post some info if you guys would like (I think that's earlier than the US release). Anything to remember to note?

I've got just enough time to fit in the latest episode of Loki before my session.

Are you seeing it in a theater? I think it comes out on the 9th, here.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Give this actor everything he wants

https://twitter.com/iamkateherron/status/1412675558484451329

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This episode sucked. Worst one so far. Jarring compared to the previous ones, deffo reminded me more of the weirder parts of Falcon.

Really bad dialogue, heaps of exposition ("JUST SHOUTING MY PLAN ABOUT THE CG THING TO REITERATE IT AGAIN'), characters acting really unnaturally to just get them to the next inevitable plot point.

Even the jokes were kinda just wallowing in their premise with no real creativity or cleverness. Actors, music and costumes are all good but script feels so first draft.

And worst of all nothing really progressed, it somehow was a lot of CG filler.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wait. Wait…didn’t somebody here predict seeing a Polybius game cabinet in the background? Because there totally loving was a Polybius game cabinet in the background.

That was me!

LOL that was a total shot in a dark on my part, too. It was just one of those mysterious things that I figured would be part of an item unstuck in time.

And Kid Loki drinking an Ecto-Cooler juicebox was an amazing touch.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hey thread, without wishing to come off as a prick, could I politely request that when a new episode comes out that someone, anyone, mentions it in thread as a paragraph break so we know that from that point on any spoiler text is likely about new stuff, not old?

Clicking on this spoiler text was on me, but I thought it was still speculation about what might be coming up not actual new episode reactions. With timezones and all that sometimes the new episodes sneak up on you.

I'm not mad or anything, I just got caught out because the episodes blurred together in the thread.

VectorSigma posted:

omg Thanoscopter

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Gonz posted:

That was me!

LOL that was a total shot in a dark on my part, too. It was just one of those mysterious things that I figured would be part of an item unstuck in time.

And Kid Loki drinking an Ecto-Cooler juicebox was an amazing touch.

You’re a goddam witch.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Are you seeing it in a theater? I think it comes out on the 9th, here.

Yeah, it came out this morning in Australia. I don't know if we're the first country to get it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Marsupial Ape posted:

You’re a goddam witch.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

BurritoJustice posted:

Yeah, it came out this morning in Australia. I don't know if we're the first country to get it.

Australia? Jesus…more time travel.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I’m just loving cackling at the Thanos Copter.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
In this new episode, I'm really starting to notice the heavy use of The Volume. It really sticks out in comparison to the rest of the show.

Have to say though I absolutely got a bit misty-eyed when Mobius offers his hand, and Loki says "gently caress that" and goes in for the hug. He needed that. I needed that. It was just such a lovely moment. That's all I want from these D+ shows really, little character moments like that.

Also, that final shot... I know it isn't, but doesn't that really look like the kind of castle where Doctor Doom would live? I'd love it if the swerve was "and I, Doom, was keeping everyone safe" but that's just my own personal "that's Mephisto" moment I guess.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, that final shot... [spoiler]I know it isn't, but doesn't that really look like the kind of castle where Doctor Doom would live? I'd love it if the swerve was "and I, Doom, was keeping everyone safe" but that's just my own personal "that's Mephisto" moment I guess.

don't loving do this to me

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, that final shot... I know it isn't, but doesn't that really look like the kind of castle where Doctor Doom would live? I'd love it if the swerve was "and I, Doom, was keeping everyone safe" but that's just my own personal "that's Mephisto" moment I guess.

That was my thought too, but I'm sure it isn't it :smith:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Richard E Grant killed it, alligator Loki owns. This was a fun episode, though there was a real low point when Sylvie put any amount of trust at all in Renslayer. Made her look like an idiot.

Parkingtigers posted:

Anything else is going to be disappointing now :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aww, good stuff.

Someone on the writing staff is a huge conspiracy nut, with references to Oak Island, The Philadelphia Experiment, and Roswell (that’s my take on the crashed flying saucer).

If we don’t get a Richard E Grant Loki figure, there’s no justice. He was absolutely great. That said, it did feel really odd for him and the others to just wander off and leave Our Loki and Sylvie to their grand gesture, so I’m glad he at least helped. Poor Kid Loki and Alligator Loki are on their own now. :smith:

I guess Mobius left because there’s no place for him in the finale, where I feel like he would really want to see who’s behind all this too. The hug was a really nice moment though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Parkingtigers posted:

Nah, it’s 100% Kang because we’ve already got Ravonna, Alioth, and the whole series is about someone making real sure the timeline follows a single path for some reason. Also, this person has assembled an army of people from across times and universes to enforce their plan. That’s Kang.

Plus he’s a complicated enough character that there’s a definite benefit in establishing him in Loki before he shows up in Quantumania.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:swoon:

Thanos Copter!
Throg!
Polybius!
Sanctuary II & Helicarrier ruins!
USS Eldridge!

And I want to hazard a guess that 2 of the ship ruins were
USS Enterprise from Star Trek
Serenity from Firefly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
For totally no reason:

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, it’s 100% Kang because we’ve already got Ravonna, Alioth, and the whole series is about someone making real sure the timeline follows a single path for some reason. Also, this person has assembled an army of people from across times and universes to enforce their plan. That’s Kang.

Plus he’s a complicated enough character that there’s a definite benefit in establishing him in Loki before he shows up in Quantumania.

Why would Kang live in an old castle. It's definitely Dracula, maybe with Kang & the timekeepers chained up in a basement.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

VagueRant posted:

This episode sucked. Worst one so far. Jarring compared to the previous ones, deffo reminded me more of the weirder parts of Falcon.

Really bad dialogue, heaps of exposition ("JUST SHOUTING MY PLAN ABOUT THE CG THING TO REITERATE IT AGAIN'), characters acting really unnaturally to just get them to the next inevitable plot point.

Even the jokes were kinda just wallowing in their premise with no real creativity or cleverness. Actors, music and costumes are all good but script feels so first draft.

And worst of all nothing really progressed, it somehow was a lot of CG filler.

I thought the plot did progress! and it established some v significant things about Loki and what he's capable of.

Speaking of which, that whole Richard E Grant bit about how he'd escaped Thanos by turning into debris. It's pretty much a given that that's setting up a way for Loki to have actually survived the main timeline right? Like, he's going to go back to 2012, play out his role through all the Avengers saga, and then we'll see him do exactly as Richard E Grant said on the spaceship at the end of next week's episode, right?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Also - what were those birds about?

With the floating balls where their heads should be?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
what, you never seen a bird before?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Richard E. Grant was so good, I could watch a mini series just about Classic Loki

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Walrus Pete posted:

Richard E Grant killed it, alligator Loki owns. This was a fun episode, though there was a real low point when Sylvie put any amount of trust at all in Renslayer. Made her look like an idiot.

Anything else is going to be disappointing now :smith:

Eh, I'm okay with it. A part of Loki is always weighing advantage even in faking belief and loyalty versus timing the betrayal. Distrust at fist glance would've been unproductive. They basically follow Skaven rules: Of course you don't trust the rat next to you or anyone but you gotta work together to make the super weapon to conquer the humans, until you get everything you need and can push them out a window.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It’s clearly Mephisto, who is also the Rani, a Rutan, and a Nintendo Switch Pro.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I agree, it helps explain the self-sustaining, mook-like nature of the TVA, they’re just the minions, he’s set them up to make sure they don’t somehow become an effective counter to him. He’s fine taking care of threats himself, the TVA is just an effective anti-malware program to avoid distractions

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Overall good episode, although the last ten minutes were a bit 'bad Dr Who', in particular having Sylvie restate her entire plan as if talking to a 6 year old before the final sequence for the benefit of everyone not paying attention.

What I thought was messy was the attempt to have two bites of the apple on 'has Loki managed to change?' First bite is the scene with Sylvie, then the second bite is the farewell with Mobius. The thing is I think the latter detracts from the Loki/Sylvie relationship because the former scene felt awkward and uncertain, whereas the hug felt genuine and heartfelt. The hug is what sold the idea that this Loki has genuinely changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know you're almost certainly right, comic nerds assure me it's Castle Limbo home of the Immortus version of Kang. But I'd still love it if they swapped Immortus with Doom just like the Kree/Skrull switch in Captain Marvel so it comes right out of left field, with The Timekeepers being glorified Doombots. But that's just wishful thinking on my part because Doom = awesome and I never read any Kang storylines so I'm going to have to learn to give a poo poo about him as a villain.

Doing a bit of a rewatch looking for all the easter eggs (so many easter eggs) and I'm struck by how good the music continues to be. When Classic Loki is being a total badass that is totally a stylised reworked/reimagined version of Ride of the Valkyries which is so, so perfect for the moment.