Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
lol at all the people who were adamant this was only like the halfway mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm legitimately curious how much of this was planned and how much, if at all, was a result of Araki just being afraid of not finishing it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Has Araki mentioned struggles with his work? I know he's getting up there in years, but I don't think I've heard anything like it was seriously impacting his health, at least not recently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm legitimately curious how much of this was planned and how much, if at all, was a result of Araki just being afraid of not finishing it.

He may have just changed his mind about things cause he wanted Jousuke and Yasuho to be happy. He's made emotional judgement calls before.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Joestar posted:

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1415435821738496002

also regarding the leaked page for this month's chapter i'm assuming it's lucy coming to visit japan and that the dude there with the bag is one of johnny's kids or grandkids or something. i could see it tying into the whole mess of johnny getting domed by a rock in that area.

That's possible, but I think it's more likely that the woman is Johnny's daughter that was listed in the family tree. She does have star-covered stockings like Kei does...

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 15, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

lol at all the people who were adamant this was only like the halfway mark

I'm pretty sure that was just me lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope a Part 9 is a short fifty chapter affair

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Araki is like 60 without any chronic health problems as far as we know. I don't think it's likely he was worried about not finishing Jojolion unless it's some sort of dementia problem. Which... there's plenty of more reasonable explanations for what's been going on in Jojolion so I won't make any assumptions about that. I guess we'll find out if he plans to start part 9 soon but I don't think he's springing the grand finale on us with less than a month's warning. I do think it's more likely that he just changed his mind or got bored with what was going on (god knows i am) and decided it was better to just end it than keep dragging it out trying to pull everything together.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It would be very weird for the ageless vampire that is Araki to be suffering any senilities. And besides, if he did we would've noticed it in his art long ago.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kaelanramos/status/1415427964892745735?s=21

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2021/07/15/jojolion-109/

This is the stuff JoJolion does best...

But I don't know why it's the penultimate chapter!!!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
haha, this rules. jojolion rules

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh holy gently caress.

I have no idea how this is going to resolve in literally one more chapter but I'm sure as gently caress excited to see it try.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is purestrain araki and i mean that in the best way

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also i was right in that being an older lucy steel just based on the old-age lines in the first page leak the other day and based on the dude saying people call him fumi-kun i'm assuming he's related to josefumi in some form and probably johnny in some way

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And based on the barrier having an eye, really strongly suspect this is what the Wall Eyes come from.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lmfao

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This has all a lead up to the final reveal that one of the four balls came from the driver.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

well this takes the sting out of just one issue being left a little bit at least

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I like the idea that Araki decided to make up for a rushed ending by just giving us a hit of 100% purestrain Araki Bullshit to ease the pain.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm probably going to end up being taught some kind of life lesson from the last issue somehow

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Everyone was right, Tooru wasn't the last villain. It was Guardrail instead.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Oh my god what if the user of this guard rail stand is the flashback guy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfR2VCgf7JA

???

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Chapter really went off the rails huh

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hatty posted:

Chapter really went off the rails huh

Seems like it's gone too far onto them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"One day, Araki will finally name a stand Radio Gaga"
"Oh sick, what kind of stand is it? Surely has a time power??"
"nah, it's a guardrail on a roadside. You get naked and then hit by a car or some poo poo"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't remember did any of the rock humans explain why they wanted the fruit? Cause I'm starting to think Lucy Steel and the Speedwagon Foundation hired them to get the fruit causing the main conflict of Jojolion.

Also guardrail is a Higashikita and Joshu's direct descendant.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They probably wanted the fruit because it tasted really good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't remember did any of the rock humans explain why they wanted the fruit?

I think it was mostly a money thing. It sets them up for life without having to worry about finding a new person to impersonate every few decades.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Araki press it now! Activate [BITES THE DUST] to go back before you did Jojolion and do this plot instead.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think my least favorite araki quirk is how characters stand around for panel after panel frantically yelling warnings like second-rate horror movie characters

though maybe acting like a horror movie character is appropriate if you live in a world with carnivorous guardrails

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i mean araki explicitly loves horror movies

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Well...huh.

Looks like we're getting a Sleeping Slaves style conclusion, where the story ends in a flashback. Pretty cool that we're getting confirmation that the Higashikata land is similar to the Devil's Palm.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Fumi-kun is not being very helpful but I can't actually blame him for being reluctant to approach the exact place where standing results in your flesh being ripped to shreds.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

So what are the chances that the guardrail is a rock human? Like one that was ground down and refined into metal?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seen on reddit:

quote:

Chapter 109 Fumi-kun is SBR Joseph Joestar, and the biological dad of Josefumi Kujo, evidence:

• Fumi mentions he's 17, and the flashback takes place in 1941, which means he was born in 1924, which is the year SBR Joseph was born according to the family tree in chapter 11
  • Fumi gets his wallet stolen in his introduction, just like Joseph got his wallet stolen by smokey at the start of battle tendency
  • Fumi also enters a car with an elderly woman (Lucy Steel) just like Joseph was in a car with Erina Joestar

Which means:

• Josefumi's biological dad is most likely Joseph/Fumi and not Sadafumi Kujo, since Fumi was 67 when Josefumi was born (which also correlates with Joseph having Josuke at age 65), that explains the divorce papers that Kiyomi had in her bag in the Vitamin C arc (She cheated on Sadafumi Kujo, reverse from the OG universe where Joseph cheated on Suzi Q with Tomoko), this also explains Josefumi's birthmark, since he is a descendent of the Joestar family, since Joseph is Johnny's grandson.
  • This means that Josefumi is partially Kira's uncle, since with Joseph being his dad, he is Holy's half brother (just like how Josuke was Holy's half brother in part 4), and Holy is Kira's mom. (Another thing i noticed, if you call Kira 8 Jotaro's SBR counterpart, since he's holy's son, that means that Kira fused with his uncle, Josefumi, AND THAT IT'S A COUNTERPART TO JOSUKE BEING JOTARO'S UNCLE IN PART 4)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seen on reddit:

oh holy poo poo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If that comes off, I'm gonna find the person who came up with it and start a loving religion in their name, because it's such a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the intent but somehow isn’t explicitly stated or acknowledged next issue anyway