Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vengarr posted:

Y’all are very optimistic for what has been a pretty dark arc so far.

I’m predicting a sudden surge of Danger Sense undoing all the good work Class A has done. The only one who can shake Deku off the path of self-destruction would be All Might saying “You can’t become a hero (like this)”.

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: You Can(not) Be A Hero Too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will be stopped by Shinso's brainwashing quirk when he imitates Bakugou or Uraraka's voice. Except, when everyone turns to thank Shinso, they see him passed out on the ground with Monoma standing next to him wearing the voice changer. Surprise, he was the traitor all along! Then he, with the help of Kurogiri, escape with a comatose Deku.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kaminari MVP for pointing out that Deku really needs a bath

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Stain will fight class 1-A. Midoriya will have a crisis over Stain viewing what he's doing as defensible.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Izuku: Who the gently caress is yelling TAKE A BATH at me? Show yourself coward I will never take a bath.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Funky Valentine posted:

Izuku: Who the gently caress is yelling TAKE A BATH at me? Show yourself coward I will never take a bath.

Danger sense flies into overdrive as Wash, the washing machine hero, leaps out in front of him

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Official Release
"Looks like you're even drawn differently than the rest of us these days, ya damned nerd!"

:allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No new chapter next weekend, darn.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like how the Ragnarok: Womb team-up attack is basically just Shoji and Tokoyami putting Deku under a weighted blanket while Kaminari does a 'dude, take a bath' ASMR.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Koda yelled.:unsmith:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

welp, tearing up again

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bakugo last week: you can't even smile anymore
Todoroki this week: you're not letting yourself cry

guilt tripping is going hard this week

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Class B shows up and just beats the poo poo out of him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What are the chances danger sense alerts him to the traitor

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
God I love this bit so much.
And we haven’t even gotten to Ochako slapping him yet.
Each and every member of 1A having their few lines to spew at him is so cliche, but it’s so well done and got their characterizations so perfectly that I can’t help but :3: It’s looking like Horikoshi is gonna pull it off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

Invisible girl hasn’t been in contact with Deku since he got it, has she?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kild posted:

Invisible Girl hug! With a poisoned quirk removing shank!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We think it's Invisible Girl, but it's really Emily using Poltergeist. Class B enters the fray!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Question regarding the last few chapters that may be spoilers: We haven't seen Aoyama with the rest of class 1-A at all. Back at the dorms or arriving to help Deku. Is he out of the country or is his absence weird? Was that traitor fake-out a double fake-out?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajSUsKNAwhw

the full version of the second half opening kicks rear end

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
In one of the recent episodes of the anime, I think All Might was talking with the principal and they dropped some line about how "I guess those rumors about a traitor in Class 1A was false huh?" I don't remember them mentioning that in the manga? It's right before the League of Villains arc is about to begin.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I still want to know if thats the first time Todoroki has yelled an attack name. I can't remember if he has before.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Question regarding the last few chapters that may be spoilers: We haven't seen Aoyama with the rest of class 1-A at all. Back at the dorms or arriving to help Deku. Is he out of the country or is his absence weird? Was that traitor fake-out a double fake-out?

He was at the dorm. He's sitting next to Kaminari & Ojirou on the couch and chimes in a few times.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Invisible girl hasn’t been in contact with Deku since he got it, has she?

Legit question, was she ever in contact with Deku. As in, did they interact one on one at any point of the manga? Because I can't remember any moment like that. :v:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Havoc904 posted:

In one of the recent episodes of the anime, I think All Might was talking with the principal and they dropped some line about how "I guess those rumors about a traitor in Class 1A was false huh?" I don't remember them mentioning that in the manga? It's right before the League of Villains arc is about to begin.

A similar line is in the manga, it might've been right before the class vs class or something because I remember going "wow! the first mention of the traitor plotline in forever!" followed immediately by a panel of kaminari doing the L forehead thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh hey a MHA one-shot is coming out I wonder what it will focuoh it's deku bakugo and todoroki having a mock fight with endeavor

good to see these underutilized characters finally getting the spotlight

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blockhouse posted:

Oh hey a MHA one-shot is coming out I wonder what it will focuoh it's deku bakugo and todoroki having a mock fight with endeavor

good to see these underutilized characters finally getting the spotlight

Gee I almost wonder if there's some kind of movie or something featuring those characters coming out

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Gee I almost wonder if there's some kind of movie or something featuring those characters coming out

Bakugo's in the new Space Jam?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

christmas boots posted:

That makes it even worse, you realize

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Arist posted:

That makes it even worse, you realize

The alternative would probably no content at all in this case so :shrug:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

The alternative would probably no content at all in this case so :shrug:

I’d prefer it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

If you don't imagine the Sixth's smokescreen as a giant fart what are you doing in life

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I still want to know if thats the first time Todoroki has yelled an attack name. I can't remember if he has before.

He hasn't ever yelled it, but he does name the attack from this chapter when they're doing mock interviews.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you don't imagine the Sixth's smokescreen as a giant fart what are you doing in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9yX4wpAAbQ

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mAa8kORlk

Final trailer for the new movie. I know people are kind of upset at the movie because they seemingly rearranged the order of the anime in order to better tie into it, but I think the movie itself looks like it'll be dumb fun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenriverninja posted:

I feel like my eyes have finally been opened. Now I can chuckle like an idiot....some more.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Final trailer for the new movie. I know people are kind of upset at the movie because they seemingly rearranged the order of the anime in order to better tie into it, but I think the movie itself looks like it'll be dumb fun.

For me, the two other movies looked good from the trailers too but were just okay.

I'm even more tentative about this movie because it isn't even doing something new or novel. It feels like a remix of some of the plots we've already had in the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

So the plot seems to be "Deku is framed for murder. Also Overhaul again."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
the twist: Deku actually does murder someone during the events of the film but filler magic erases everyone's memories by the end so that canonically no one will remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Rhonne posted:

Is MHA popular enough to get an American release like Mugen Train did?