Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Shoehead posted:

Weird way to spell Decisive Battle

To be fair those are neck-and-neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i didnt know anno was behind shin godzilla when i first watched it and

"what the gently caress, is that decisive battle?"

"oh poo poo, it's another version of decisive battle"

"another DB drop? hell yes"

it was so fun and made me so happy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i didnt know anno was behind shin godzilla when i first watched it and

"what the gently caress, is that decisive battle?"

"oh poo poo, it's another version of decisive battle"

"another DB drop? hell yes"

it was so fun and made me so happy.

He's also doing Shin Ultraman so I would not be surprised to hear Decisive Battle in that movie too.

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

Thanks for these. I live for the suffering of others. :D

[edit]
"is there a liquid we can breath in?"

Yup! It was even used in the film The Abyss

This is wild, I just googled this. I still don't get how you can cry in the breathable goo. Maybe that is one of lifes/animes great mysteries I suppose.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Scyantific posted:

He's also doing Shin Ultraman so I would not be surprised to hear Decisive Battle in that movie too.

And Shin Kamen Rider in 2023

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/shin-kamen-rider-evangelion-creator-film-2023/

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
He's already worked on Gundam, if not as a director, so what's left after that? Sentai?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was watching an NHK world show about a new green rooftop campaign and one of the cutscenes had The Cricket Chirping Sound and i looked up instantly expecting to see tokyo-3

e: or frog, whatever it is. You know the one.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

wdarkk posted:

He's already worked on Gundam, if not as a director, so what's left after that? Sentai?

Shin Sailor Moon

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Shin Giant Robo, unironically

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

i was watching an NHK world show about a new green rooftop campaign and one of the cutscenes had The Cricket Chirping Sound and i looked up instantly expecting to see tokyo-3

e: or frog, whatever it is. You know the one.

Cicadas?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i guess they're cicadas. thank god i've escaped from that hell part of the country and kinda forgot

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

wdarkk posted:

thunderbirds or UFO

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

overmind2000 posted:

Shin Sailor Moon

This isn't that, but he's already done Cutie Honey.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Shin Hunter x Hunter - Yorknew City arc

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

thunderbirds or UFO

Thunderbirds Are Go! is probably about as close as we're gonna get to Shin Thunderbirds, so that ball has already been knocked out of that park by another batter. Hell they even called in Shoji Kawamori to design Thunderbird Shadow.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Looks like we're onto the random word generator phase of merchandising. Evangelion Crayfish.

https://otakuusamagazine.com/evangelion-crayfish-models/

I kinda like them though.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Anno: *designs character models to be impossible to manufacture as toys*

Capitalism:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Evangelion X Crab Rave, when?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I was writing up a mini-biography on Anno and he's pretty much worked on everything he loved. I'd say Shin Yamato, but he storyboarded an OP recently, I'd say Shin Devilman but Cutie Honeyw as probably as close to Go Nagai as he was allowed to get at the time. He's already lightly touched Gundam. The poster calling out Gerry Anderson shows is closer on the money but I don't think they'd license an overseas property.

e: I can imagine a Miyazaki collab to get another Nausicaa and/or a Tomino collab to get another Ideon.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He could remake a Kihachi Okamoto movie. I don't think he's done that yet despite how much he loves the dude.

Like Anno's take on Sword of Doom or something would be cool IMO.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Shin Gigantor, do it

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Raxivace posted:

Like Anno's take on Sword of Doom or something would be cool IMO.

I didn't know I needed this until now

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda want a set of those dumb crawfish.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
same. the only eva merch i have right now is the Unit 02 Tamagotchi. i should just stay on the trend of only buying the stupidest eva themed poo poo possible

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There was a Rei/Asuka set of figures in the mid 00s that I remember really wanting. They had like...the parachute pants and dance gear that reminded you of DDR which was big at the time. I don't know if I'd buy them today if they were available.

Edit: oh nevermind these actually look better than I remembered. Still don't think I'll get em.

https://japanimedia-ex.com/evangelion-rei-ayanami-asuka-langley-figure-set-pinky-street-p-chara/

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 23, 2021

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Shinjobi posted:

There was a Rei/Asuka set of figures in the mid 00s that I remember really wanting. They had like...the parachute pants and dance gear that reminded you of DDR which was big at the time. I don't know if I'd buy them today if they were available.

Edit: oh nevermind these actually look better than I remembered. Still don't think I'll get em.

https://japanimedia-ex.com/evangelion-rei-ayanami-asuka-langley-figure-set-pinky-street-p-chara/

I was honestly expecting the price to have another digit on it. Anime figure prices are awful.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wdarkk posted:

I was honestly expecting the price to have another digit on it. Anime figure prices are awful.

Depends on the figure. On one end, you have figures sold for under 1000 yen at grocery stores. On the other, you have hundreds of dollar price tags on figures of the Evas and the pilots.

A lot depends on how wide the companies think the market is. If it's something a lot of people will be interested in, then the price is usually lower because the design costs get spread out. If it's something only the most obsessive fans want, you fleece them for all they're worth.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s someone that collects all the Evangelion crap and I know they have a house full of it since they’ve been making merch for so long. Any links?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’ve lost the Instagram post, but my all-time favorite Eva merch is the Unit 01 garden hose reel that sold at their Tokyo flagship store for a while.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fly Ricky posted:

I’ve lost the Instagram post, but my all-time favorite Eva merch is the Unit 01 garden hose reel that sold at their Tokyo flagship store for a while.

This one?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

Don't forget the bucket!

A store near me has the 1/6 cockpit Rei and Asuka for a cool kilobuck each, which I think is the most absurdly overpriced Eva merch I know of.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Speaking of swag,

the decals i ordered from a person in Georgia came in; they're great. I'm seeing if they'd be interested in doing the decal work for my unit 02 bike project.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Yes! I live in a 21 story condominium, but drat if I’m not tempted to order that thing and put it out on the balcony.

Also wish I had something cool to store in that bucket; kilos of coke, toxic chemicals, cache of weapons, etc.

chiasaur11 posted:

LCL.

You fill the bucket with LCL.

Nailed it.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 24, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fly Ricky posted:

Yes! I live in a 21 story condominium, but drat if I’m not tempted to order that thing and put it out on the balcony.

Also wish I had something cool to store in that bucket; kilos of coke, toxic chemicals, cache of weapons, etc.

LCL.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Mac9k5 posted:

This is wild, I just googled this. I still don't get how you can cry in the breathable goo. Maybe that is one of lifes/animes great mysteries I suppose.

Am I crazy or does Liv sound like Spike Spencer, Shinji's English voice actor?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

chiasaur11 posted:

LCL.

You can't keep LCL in a bucket. It'll go flat.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
welp here we go

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1419136638056161284

the money spending starts

i will tolerate no soryu vs shikinami fights btw

I've found two sources for vinyl decal cutters that I can get all the graphics done from
Ordered two sets of the fairing trims that I will be having sprayed unit 02 red at a professional shop

The real sticking point is going to be the headlight cowling, which requires four LED headlights because I will not build this without the unit 2 foureyes thing going on. we may be looking at some not-insignificant 3d print work and/or plastic molding work to get this to land

the italian-american plate flavor is purely for comedy reasons

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 25, 2021

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

Shikinami will be your custom decaled moped, obviously

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

welp here we go

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1419136638056161284

the money spending starts

I've found two sources for vinyl decal cutters that I can get all the graphics done from
Ordered two sets of the fairing trims that I will be having sprayed unit 02 red at a professional shop

The real sticking point is going to be the headlight cowling, which requires four LED headlights because I will not build this without the unit 2 foureyes thing going on. we may be looking at some not-insignificant 3d print work and/or plastic molding work to get this to land

the italian-american plate flavor is purely for comedy reasons

:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

Am I crazy or does Liv sound like Spike Spencer, Shinji's English voice actor?

I... I don't know what to tell ya about that one... maybe that is a judgement we must all make for ourselves.