Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What's the Hyaku Shiki's super cannon? Use that.

But use the MG version with a HG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

You can't just drop a colony onto the surface of earth!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The fact that no one has made a Gundam Doom mod is downright criminal

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Caros posted:

New Objective: Drop a colony onto the surface of Earth.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Caros posted:

In hindsight it was probably the right thing to do

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

In hindsight it was probably the right thing to do

But then where would people raise cows?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

chiasaur11 posted:

But then where would people raise cows?

Inside Turn A?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Turn A could probably just make a bunch of milk and beef and let you skip the whole cow stage of the process.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's probably got a whole bunch of jerky in it's pocket dimension.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The ability to replicate matter in a pocket dimension is insignificant next to the Turn A's primary function as a clothesline.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Honestly, the Psyco Zaku is probably the closest thing to a Doomguy suit. Terrifyingly fast, empowered by deeply unethical means, and kitted out with a vast number of weapons and gadgets scraped together out of the left-behind scraps of the apocalypse. Its beam bazooka even has a similar visual effect when firing to the BFG.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, the Psycho Zaku is probably the closest thing to a Doomguy suit. Terrifyingly fast, empowered by deeply unethical means, and kitted out with a vast number of weapons and gadgets scraped together out of the left-behind scraps of the apocalypse. Its beam bazooka even has a similar visual effect when firing to the BFG.

I'm still leaning Barbatos Lupus. Still armed to the teeth, including with a big loving (rail)gun from one of the option kits, and it's got more of a rip-and-tear-until-it-is-done thing to it.

Daryl just doesn't embrace the whole "They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse." thing when in the psycho Zaku.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 23, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Azubah posted:

What's the Hyaku Shiki's super cannon? Use that.

But use the MG version with a HG.

In trying to remember what it's called I just thought of the Mega Rider from ZZ, which is basically that, but as a space motorcycle. Then I just started wondering who would be Gundam Terminator, riding around on a space motorcycle with a beam shotty.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Well we know who Robocop (2) is at least

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Arcsquad12 posted:

If DoomGuy was a mobile suit what would he be?
jesta cannon, da king o’ grunts

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

TenementFunster posted:

leo cannon, da king o’ grunts

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm still leaning Barbatos Lupus. Still armed to the teeth, including with a big loving (rail)gun from one of the option kits, and it's got more of a rip-and-tear-until-it-is-done thing to it.

Daryl just doesn't embrace the whole "They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse." thing when in the psycho Zaku.

You kidding? He absolutely does. It's the whole point of December Sky. To fight a White Devil, he has to become an even bigger monster.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mikazuki strikes me more as a V1 sort - fueled by blood and just needs to be pointed in a direction.

But that being said, who's the MT Foxtrot of gundam?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

You kidding? He absolutely does. It's the whole point of December Sky. To fight a White Devil, he has to become an even bigger monster.

Not to mention the more recent stuff after he gets the second Psycho Zaku especially after it both gets a cosmetic upgrade into a Gundam and Gattais with a Braw Bro

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's not really a cosmetic upgrade considering where they got the parts.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

It's not really a cosmetic upgrade considering where they got the parts.

Mostly calling it that cause they don't really seem to indicate that the parts in question add much to the unit's performance

Burns
May 10, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

The fact that no one has made a Gundam Doom mod is downright criminal

I recall there was a quake3 mod eons ago. Dont recall if it ever released.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Burns posted:

I recall there was a quake3 mod eons ago. Dont recall if it ever released.

Definitely remember there being quite a few Gundam skins for that game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There was a pretty interesting Gundam mod for TA spring. No idea if it ever got completed

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Ehhhh, he's not an angry enough guy for it

But I feel like trying to match pilot personality to answer a "which robot best fits" question is a little silly

None of the g gen or srw games do thunderbolt right? No chances of getting yazan in the psycho zaku?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

ninjewtsu posted:

No chances of getting yazan in the psycho zaku?

Be still my heart.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Today is 20 years since Mobile Suit Gundam first started airing on Toonami.

I feel old.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
When was Giant Robot Week?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

Ehhhh, he's not an angry enough guy for it

But I feel like trying to match pilot personality to answer a "which robot best fits" question is a little silly

None of the g gen or srw games do thunderbolt right? No chances of getting yazan in the psycho zaku?

G Generation Genesis had the Psycho Zaku (and Thunderbolt's Full Armour Gundam) as DLC, so you can put Yazan in it as soon as you get him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wouldnt the kampfer be doom guy since its a similar color and has a shotgun

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nah cause the kampfer goes out like a bitch the moment it runs out of toys

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

muike posted:

When was Giant Robot Week?

That was in 2003.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nah cause the kampfer goes out like a bitch the moment it runs out of toys

So the Kampfer is this DoomGuy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSGclOlVmg

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Kampfer is the Doomguy in Eternal if he didn't get to reload via murder.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Stairmaster posted:

wouldnt the kampfer be doom guy since its a similar color and has a shotgun

Isn't Doomguy, like green and black and silver?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

close enough

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcLlq4Lml7A

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

1st Stage Midboss posted:

G Generation Genesis had the Psycho Zaku (and Thunderbolt's Full Armour Gundam) as DLC, so you can put Yazan in it as soon as you get him.

They're also both in Gundam Breaker 3 but that's not really story oriented so much as collecting parts of your favorite gunpla.

EDIT: So I'm like halfway through Victory now and I'm still loving it, but I can see why it's one of the less popular series in terms of toy sales and such? Most of the villain mechs don't really stand out in the way that a lot of the other UC grunts do (I'm a big fan of the Shokew line though) More importantly, however, everyone talks about how much Chronicle sucks, and boy howdy does he. But Katejina extra sucks. "This is all your fault, you made me do this!" I shout, opening fire with a laser cannon at a crowd of unarmed civilians.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 24, 2021

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Katejina and Chronicle are like the only characters from Victory I like. Chronicle is at least such a failure it's funny and sorta endearing and Katejina is entertainingly batshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RevolverDivider posted:

Katejina and Chronicle are like the only characters from Victory I like. Chronicle is at least such a failure it's funny and sorta endearing and Katejina is entertainingly batshit

You don't like Duker Iq, who by bringing back the riding traditions of the Middle Ages became invincible? Or the best Haro?