Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bolverkur posted:

A Metal Slime draws near? Command?

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

ohkay a slime, this will be easy, ahuh huh. I missed! What the freaking f... hell. oh, ohkay, finally an attack – dood! one freaking damage? AH AH AH AH! it's glitching out, it only does one damage every time! every time, my attacks are hitting, alright, but it's only one damage. it's freaking glitched, you'd think after eight games they'd get it right. snorts well, at least i'm getting tons of exper- it ran away! are you freaking kidding me, ohkay, that's it. goes to system settings and uninstalls the game that's about enough of that, folks. tune in tomorrow night for a chill relaxing time hanging out in the return to Fallout: New Vegas for the CONCLUSION of the Dead Money DLC... and beyond!

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bolverkur posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bolverkur posted:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bolverkur posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spent three hours last night forging a spear wth triple the attack power of anything else i had and all the master plunging attacks in legend of mana. then another two making the biggest most powerful golem i can. crafting in this kicks so much rear end lol, its the coolest part of the game by far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ni No Kuni is on sale for $10 on Switch, is the port okay? I couldn't really get into the second game but I hear the first one has a lot more personality.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ni No Kuni is on sale for $10 on Switch, is the port okay? I couldn't really get into the second game but I hear the first one has a lot more personality.

It’s a good port, and yeah the first one has a way better vibe imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah its pretty fine. its kind of hard to parse the world map sometimes handheld but otherwise no problemo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I bounced off the second one hard too. First one was super charming, and Studio Ghibli being directly involved is probably why

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cool thanks. I love accumulating RPGs

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cool thanks. I love accumulating RPGs

lol yep. I swear one day I’ll finish the 20 or so I have queued up

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol yep. I swear one day I’ll finish the 20 or so I have queued up

same. it's going to be great.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I'm about 15hrs into Ni No Kuni on switch and it's cool, world feels very Dragon Quest. Thinks it's going to be a slow burn, I'll get back to it proper when I've finished a couple of other games.

I've dipped into SMT Soul Hackers and Etrian Untold on 3ds as well. SMT seems more exciting so far, first SMT game as well.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Soul Hackers kicks rear end. I love the small details that remind you it's a Saturn game from 1997, like the shop animations that you can't skip. it's some Myst poo poo or something.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I love the Saturn Cyberpunk vibe, it fits with my Saturn 3DS theme.

Anything Saturn I will buy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the rpg the mario & luigi devs made before only making mario & luigi games finally got translated https://twitter.com/romhackingnet/status/1420150390444593152

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Recently I decided to check out how well my computer could handle Dolphin, and one thing led to another, and, well, it turns out I accidentally started a full playthrough of Skies of Arcadia.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

the rpg the mario & luigi devs made before only making mario & luigi games finally got translated https://twitter.com/romhackingnet/status/1420150390444593152

Looks cool OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

dope

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

getting a little bored of legend of mana. the games cool but imo it's missing a little something to make it really pop, idk what. still want to finish it but i might just look up where the last couple jumi quests are and blitz through. its super pretty though, the music kicks rear end, and the crafting systems are 100% baller, i wish i'd picked it up as a kid so i could have gone totally insane and spent a billion hours crafting 2h swords nd stuff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

getting a little bored of legend of mana. the games cool but imo it's missing a little something to make it really pop, idk what. still want to finish it but i might just look up where the last couple jumi quests are and blitz through. its super pretty though, the music kicks rear end, and the crafting systems are 100% baller, i wish i'd picked it up as a kid so i could have gone totally insane and spent a billion hours crafting 2h swords nd stuff

Uh oh... Fungah has contracted the Bob-3 variant

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Uh oh... Fungah has contracted the Bob-3 variant

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

i like it a lot more than the snes mana games but the combat is still a bit dull and janky like every other game in the series.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like it a lot more than the snes mana games but the combat is still a bit dull and janky like every other game in the series.

yeah i think thats the problem, the combat isnt great and theres a lot of it. most of the other stuff kicks rear end though, crafting is godly and the game is really fuckin pretty

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bought :tipshat:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I love accumulating RPGs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol I forgot to buy it until just now. Thanks for reminding me

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

What are the best RPGS on the Saturn?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Big Bizness posted:

everyone who has played it has a lot of good things to say about Panzer Dragoon Saga. but loose copies of that game go for insane amounts of money and i'm not really sure about the quality of Saturn emulators. they weren't so great last i checked but that was several years ago so they may have gotten a lot better

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 29, 2021

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Meloncholric posted:

everyone who has played it has a lot of good things to say about Panzer Dragoon Saga. but loose copies of that game go for insane amounts of money and i'm not really sure about the quality of Saturn emulators. they weren't so great last i checked but that was several years ago so they may have gotten a lot better

I'll be playing cd-rs with Pseudo Saturn. I decided to buy one after playing a bunch of cool games on Mednafen a few weeks ago. Everything I tried ran fine but I wanted to play on real hardware so I bought a Japanese saturn for dirt cheap. I'm still trying to figure out what memory cart to buy... There are multiple listings of the 4 in 1 red / black carts on ebay but some are listed with more features then others. Like what is the difference between these two, why is the black one 30 dollars more?: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133796748659

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Meloncholric posted:

The mednafen saturn core is fine

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Big Bizness posted:

Dragon Force is cool. Dragon Froce 2 got a fan translation and it supposed to be better. Shining Force 3 + theres a fan patch for the second two parts that were never released in English.

The first Sakura Taisen game got a fan patch it was the one of the first games to do Tokimeki Memorial dating + jrpgs. It has mechs and its an srpg pretty cool.

People seem to prefer the saturn version of Grandia over the psx and 20 million ports and that has an English script now.

Albert Odyssey is sort of generic but doesn't have any of Working Designs insane difficulty changes and their script is goofy but the original is so bland I like it better altho I hanve't played a whole lot of either.

Legend of Oasis, Dark Savior (basically a land stalker sequal) and Magic Knight Rayearth if you want action rpgs.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

mysterious loyall X posted:

Dragon Force is cool. Dragon Froce 2 got a fan translation and it supposed to be better. Shining Force 3 + theres a fan patch for the second two parts that were never released in English.

The first Sakura Taisen game got a fan patch it was the one of the first games to do Tokimeki Memorial dating + jrpgs. It has mechs and its an srpg pretty cool.

People seem to prefer the saturn version of Grandia over the psx and 20 million ports and that has an English script now.

Albert Odyssey is sort of generic but doesn't have any of Working Designs insane difficulty changes and their script is goofy but the original is so bland I like it better altho I hanve't played a whole lot of either.

Legend of Oasis, Dark Savior (basically a land stalker sequal) and Magic Knight Rayearth if you want action rpgs.

Sick, thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Albert Odyssey is p. boring. I actually owned it as a kid