Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Cavauro posted:

hiring some one to whoop my rear end. 18/hr. but you pay me. you hire me to get my rear end whooped. the deal is already done

Business is doing well, I hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have no education and make 15 an hour shoveling poo poo, so really any pay above that that’s less difficult and gives me better hours i’m seeking.

If you're okay going to a trade school, coding bootcamp might be right for you.

jesus WEP posted:

being a software developer on linkedin is like being a pretty girl in a bar, everyone wants to talk to you

This. Throw .NET, Angular, and maybe Agile on your profile and the recruiters will be coming to you. I want to reiterate that 95% of these recruiters are not worth your time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

If you're okay going to a trade school, coding bootcamp might be right for you.

I’ve considered it. A friend did it and said it was grueling but it also really improved their life and they got work super easily after.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks like you're going down some codey roads

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wearing medical gloves at my hospital hosed up my dipshit little sensitive skin hands so badly that the company doctor put in a permanent order that i can’t perform any job that requires them. I was devastated at first because I was in the running to be promoted to a good full time patient care position with benefits and now that’s dead. But to make up for it the head of HR (who’s married to the head of security, one of my best friends in the hospital) got me transferred to a cushy desk job, also with benefits, that by all rights I should have never been in the running for.

https://youtu.be/gbQS1ExSeBQ

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

job well done

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I read that first as washing medical gloves. Congrats on your new position.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

Wearing medical gloves at my hospital hosed up my dipshit little sensitive skin hands so badly that the company doctor put in a permanent order that i can’t perform any job that requires them. I was devastated at first because I was in the running to be promoted to a good full time patient care position with benefits and now that’s dead. But to make up for it the head of HR (who’s married to the head of security, one of my best friends in the hospital) got me transferred to a cushy desk job, also with benefits, that by all rights I should have never been in the running for.

https://youtu.be/gbQS1ExSeBQ

have you tried dipping your hands in super strong adamantium??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

you broke my grill posted:

Bob Odenkirk was rushed to the hospital after collapsing on the set of his show "Better Call Saul"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/27/bob-odenkirk-hospitalized-after-collapsing-on-set-better-call-saul/

Hope he's okay :smith:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I literally just finished the I Think You Should Leave skit he was in. I hope he’s okay too.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Someone spent the past few minutes yelling at me because work is mandating everyone start wearing masks again.

I don't work in the section that makes those (correct) decisions.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol thats fun. i’m maskless at work atm cause its not mandatory & i’m double vaxxed but if it became mandatory it’s the easiest thing in the world to just do. gl brother may the delta avoid ur nostrils

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Stroker Ace posted:

I literally just finished the I Think You Should Leave skit he was in. I hope he’s okay too.
i must have watched too much stewart lee in my life because all my favourite skits are the ones that go on too long and kinda peter out

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i must have watched too much stewart lee in my life because all my favourite skits are the ones that go on too long and kinda peter out

Sloppy Steaks and the complicated print shirts were probably my favorite.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

corncob TV nearly killed me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My girlfriend is a teacher, and in a teachers meeting she just described a white lie they tell students as “a work”. What a dork, I love her so much.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not to tell your gf how to do her job but maybe she shouldn't be blading in front of the children. If she wants to juice hardway, that's more acceptable but still not ideal.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

As a teacher I have no problem admitting most of my work is comprised of working kids and their parents. Parents are such marks for their dumbass kids

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Got an interview today for more money and less stress in a WFH environment. I'm excited at the prospect but hate the thought of leaving my current skeleton crew behind to deal with the unmanageable level of work our team is currently under, but that's also my lovely company's fault and not mine!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya not your problem. sux but u gotta worry about yaself

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Exactly, you grab that opportunity and hope your work buds are able to find something better soon as well. Crush that interview today!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ibexaz posted:

Got an interview today for more money and less stress in a WFH environment. I'm excited at the prospect but hate the thought of leaving my current skeleton crew behind to deal with the unmanageable level of work our team is currently under, but that's also my lovely company's fault and not mine!
if they aren’t assholes they’ll understand and they are assholes then you don’t need to feel bad for leaving them, it’s win-win

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

RIP Hank Hill's Cousin

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Kick your local dentist in the crotch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I found an old pack of american spirit blacks in my glove box looking for my tire warranty and my partner caught me smoking one, I am now in the proverbial Dog House send thoughts + prayers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I found an old pack of american spirit blacks in my glove box looking for my tire warranty and my partner caught me smoking one, I am now in the proverbial Dog House send thoughts + prayers

Man I miss Black and Milds sometimes.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

Man I miss Black and Milds sometimes.

never felt more badass than when i was just out of high school hustling people at the local pool hall with a b&m hanging out of my mouth like i was a discount fast eddie felson

gently caress I want to shove my younger self into the trunk of a car

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Been single for a long rear end time (haven’t really tried to date much since my last relationship, or wanted to, for that matter) and my previous experiences with dating apps haven’t been particularly encouraging. However, I downloaded Tinder last week for the first time in like five years and am getting matches left and right. Just confirmed two dates for the same freakin day which is entirely unheard of for lil old me.

What changed? I’m still the same fat fucker as before, except… oh, right. Not a student anymore, have hobbies and poo poo, have a ton more confidence and probably seem pretty stable. Oh right. I guess lots of things changed. I’m glad to be 30!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

Been single for a long rear end time (haven’t really tried to date much since my last relationship, or wanted to, for that matter) and my previous experiences with dating apps haven’t been particularly encouraging. However, I downloaded Tinder last week for the first time in like five years and am getting matches left and right. Just confirmed two dates for the same freakin day which is entirely unheard of for lil old me.

What changed? I’m still the same fat fucker as before, except… oh, right. Not a student anymore, have hobbies and poo poo, have a ton more confidence and probably seem pretty stable. Oh right. I guess lots of things changed. I’m glad to be 30!

Someone once said if they could go back and just give themselves the confidence they feel now as an old person (aka don't give a gently caress energy) that would basically be New Game + in real life.

My daughter is very popular because she doesn't give a poo poo. She does her own thing and it draws people to her wherever she goes. It's fascanating to see from a distance.

My son on the other hand is the most charming person I've ever met. I think he's running a Charisma build through life. Bless his heart he's not the brightest but he's very nice and charming so that'll get em by.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh gods the forbidden portal has been opened again. I'll try to keep it brief.

My status as an undatable is a constant thorn in my paw. Just a constant one. I've been talking about it more elsewhere but...poo poo. It hurts. It just hurts.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Being a teacher is great. Tell dumb jokes and help people learn things to deal with all the poo poo life throws at you. Too bad my idiot state couldn’t figure out vaccinations and group work is gonna be a bust next year.

a cyborg mug posted:

As a teacher I have no problem admitting most of my work is comprised of working kids and their parents. Parents are such marks for their dumbass kids

The cheap heat: “The bell doesn’t dismiss you; I do.”

The cheap pop (to a parent): “He/she is an exceptional student and I know that has a lot to do with you.”

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Captain Magic posted:

Being a teacher is great. Tell dumb jokes and help people learn things to deal with all the poo poo life throws at you. Too bad my idiot state couldn’t figure out vaccinations and group work is gonna be a bust next year.

The cheap heat: “The bell doesn’t dismiss you; I do.”

What do you do to the complainers or those who just leave?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bad Grandpa is the real best Jackass movie. It is a testament to the team for their excellent documentary series about friendship and companions have also made the most touching family film of the 2010s. The Ron Paul poster by the soda machine had to be a deliberate choice. I think Irving legit coulda smashed the clown in the credits sequence.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

TV Zombie posted:

What do you do to the complainers or those who just leave?

Let the complainers complain. They’re the ones who enforce the rule for me after I do it regularly for about a week. Because the rule is I don’t dismiss until everyone is seated.

Those who leave get a phone call or a referral.

It generally only happens the once. It’s a small thing, but A.) admin/parents don’t dunk on them for it because it is a small thing so there’s a low cost of resentment and B.) they understand that actions have consequences in my class. The cherry on top is when you follow up that cheap heat with the cheap pop to the parents about a week later when they’ve been paying attention and doing unrelated X well (usually whatever skill work we’ve been doing).

You do a lot of this low-level structure and respect stuff the first two or three weeks of class and the rest of the year is a lot smoother.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I feel like Persona 4 is probably a slightly better game and narrative than Persona 3, but 3 is cooler than 4, and for a series where evoking coolness is so important, it makes me like it more.

It goes 3 > 5 > 4 for me, but really, it's a matter of very minute differences. They're all great.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
4 has the best cast, 5 has the best ~style~ and 3 idk I didn't play too much of it I only had it on the PSP (Playstation Portable not Punchsport Pagoda)

Ibexaz fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 29, 2021

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Persona 3 was great at the time and I still like the presentation a lot, but 4 and 5 added so many quality of life improvements (some of which were backported from P4 to P3 Portable) that it's kinda hard to go back and actually play through the thing now.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Has anyone played P5 Strikers? I plan on picking it up but not until the Playstation store has it on sale.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya its fun. its not rly a musou tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's fun, more like action RPG persona. Check out videos if you have not, like a lets play of the first level or two.