Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is cool, will it come out for NES too or just the Super Nintendo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that'll be hard as gently caress to tag on the subway. You'd need like 3 stencils. Bad logo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

that'll be hard as gently caress to tag on the subway. You'd need like 3 stencils. Bad logo.

This is honestly the best rating metric for a stable logo I can think of.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

FatBagzJones posted:

That was exactly what I thought, from all possible style they choised one that heavily resembles other faction logo, which is just weird. Also I think that could be a bit confusing for new viewers.

look at the new company logo. whoever they have in charge of graphic design has trouble imagining anything other than a black wordmark in a fancy font

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Dirty secret: I am a french sympathizer.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Maya Yukihi has tested positive for Covid so she's off this weekend's shows and most likely missing the Ribbon Yokohama Budokan show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's been told to quarantine until August 6th and has no symptoms so she should make the Yokohama Budokan show if she's lucky

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Lamuella posted:

This is cool, will it come out for NES too or just the Super Nintendo?

Stardom - Sorry bud only 16-bit at the moment

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

She's been told to quarantine until August 6th and has no symptoms so she should make the Yokohama Budokan show if she's lucky

I thought a 14 day quarantine was the recommended length of time for this. She didn't just come into contact with someone she herself tested positive. Like people coming into Japan have to quarantine for 2 weeks, I can't imagine it's wise for someone who actual has it to come back in less than 2 weeks and wrestle.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 29, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It was ten days when my brother had COVID but my parents who were close contacts had to quarantine for 14 days. I guess it's to take into account the incubation time or whatever idk

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuu also tested positive for COVID

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Looks like Cyberfight & Bushiroad might got their vaccinations going just in the nick of time. Also helps that they don't really use freelancers. Though if I'm Stardom I keep a close watch on Kaori Yoneyama. This is a full outbreak. Perfect time to host the Olympics......

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sending mixed messages by trying to convince people to stay home while letting 30,000 people into the country for a festival of sports was a terrible idea, who could have guessed other than 80% of the population?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Senerio posted:

Dirty secret: I am a french sympathizer.

Who is this poster that looks just like Senerio? :thunkher:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Watching the Goddess of Stardom tag title match recently put up (very good match btw on a not so good show) and near the end of the match Giulia does a sick sounding headbutt on Saya Kamitani that splits her own head open. Why do they still do that? Even after Shibata? Like do they need more evidence of how repeated blows to the head can gently caress someone up?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

Watching the Goddess of Stardom tag title match recently put up (very good match btw on a not so good show) and near the end of the match Giulia does a sick sounding headbutt on Saya Kamitani that splits her own head open. Why do they still do that? Even after Shibata? Like do they need more evidence of how repeated blows to the head can gently caress someone up?

Because wrestlers are morons. Though wasn't Shibata's issue specifically that he was dehydrated which meant the whole deal was much less forgiving?

Generally the shoot headbutt doesn't actually look great unless you end up opening a cut on your own forehead, and the dull thud of skull on skull contact isn't exactly reverberating around the venue. Plus that's not how you headbutt in a fight, the whole point is to make contact with the opponents nose because it's soft tissue and you can gently caress up their breathing if you break their nose.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As someone who's heard Atsushi Kotoge and Necro Butcher headbutt people in person, that poo poo is absolutely disgusting sounding but there's been more people with long-term issues from headbutt spots than people going through light tubes. So I'm fine for just stopping them unless they're worked and you've got someone knocking two coconuts against a microphone for a worked headbutt.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Add Manami and Mika Iwata to the list of people who worked that 7/22 SEAdLINNNG Niigata show and tested positive for COVID. It was the entire main event that tested positive.

E: Itsuki Aoki also tested positive from the show but she was in the opening match with Honori Hana who was also in the main event. The rest of the card not catching COVID is probably good evidence for masks working if you still need it because wrestling would have been the only time around each other unmasked

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 30, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is it feasible for some of the Japan feds to just take a break because of this wave of infections, in addition to the Olympics not helping?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The ones that can afford to are the ones that could afford to vaccinate their rosters when the government was supplying doses to businesses

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

sigh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The rumour going around on Twitter that the identity of Tiger Queen, the first woman to be officially recognised as Tiger Mask by Satoru Sayama himself who beat Rina Yamashita in her "debut" match, is none other than Asuka/VENY. Gonna try and watch the match later and see if I think its her.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Haven't seen the match yet but extremely cool if true.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'd be cool with this guess too "I wonder if it's Kamiyu

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Saw some better images and It's gotta be VENY. Same style top she usually wears and kinda flippy. Kamiyu definitely is not a flippy girl

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah there's no way it's actually Kamiyu. She's definitely not a rookie either and I'm sure it is Asuka after watching the match.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Well,

Giulia beats Syuri in the finals.

The way I see it, this tournament is meant to elevate the rest of the Golden Generation besides Utami. Tall Saya having competitive matches with the likes of Syuri and Iroha. Maika and Himeka doing really well in their respective blocks. Poor Giant Saya is missing out.

Blue Block looks fun. Red Block....................less so.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Marvelous cancelled their 8/8 Korakuen. They've also decided to go back to staying at the dojo all the time, ordering catering for all their meals and separating everyone into separate bedrooms to try and minimalise their risk of infection.

They seem to have been doing almost daily PCR tests and it's always a little scary to see a big notes app thing from them and seeing the word "corona" only to actually realise it's just them saying everyone tested negative once again.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It’s especially scary when you don’t speak the language so you rely on others to say if it’s bad news or not

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
[Tokyo Sports] Stardom, despite the Covid-19 Crisis, sales are 2.5 times higher. The owner Kidani said, "In a year and a half, we can easily fill a stadium with a capacity of 10,000"

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

FatBagzJones posted:

"In a year and a half, we can easily fill a stadium with a capacity of 100,000 screaming Sayamaniacs"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdDeDv_bF5c

Here's Kaguya vs Red Fragment from the recent ACTRING show if you want to see Act Yasukawa and Arisa Hoshiki acting in an action scene together

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

FatBagzJones posted:

[Tokyo Sports] Stardom, despite the Covid-19 Crisis, sales are 2.5 times higher. The owner Kidani said, "In a year and a half, we can easily fill a stadium with a capacity of 10,000"

Considering the attendance at this past weekend's Yokohama shows, he's a lot more confidant about that than I am.

Just finished the shows unspoiled and they were good but when they got to the last 3 matches both shows turned great. Saya Kamitani and Maika are both having a hell of a start as far as in ring work, they were both great. Too bad Maika died after Syuri absolutely killed her with her finisher.

Glad I went unspoiled because because Unagi pinning White Belt Champion Tam Nakano clean had me speechless for like 10 minutes.

Starlight Kid bringing an extra mask and forcing it on Saki Kashima after she pinned her with a Tombstone and doing the throat slash was kinda dark. Especially when I thought Saki might have been legit hurt.

And in a continuation of my last post Mayu/Giulia was great but please someone get Giulia to stop with the headbutts! She's gonna hurt herself or someone else sooner or later.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Marvelous cancelled their 8/8 Korakuen. They've also decided to go back to staying at the dojo all the time, ordering catering for all their meals and separating everyone into separate bedrooms to try and minimalise their risk of infection.

They seem to have been doing almost daily PCR tests and it's always a little scary to see a big notes app thing from them and seeing the word "corona" only to actually realise it's just them saying everyone tested negative once again.

Good call. Especially since they had they scheduled the show for Kaoru's retirement which won't happen with her injury.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's a shame because 8.8 is a big day for them, it's Chigusa, KAORU and Shindo's debut anniversary but it's better to be safe. They were supposed to isolate for close contacts until the 7th anyway so they thought they'd be out of shape for it too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wasn't it also supposed to be KAORU's retirement show? Or was that something lost in translation?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It was but she got injured so her retirement match is now her comeback match

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

While still being her retirement match. She's having a comeback/retirement match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ai Hozan tested positive for COVID so Marvelous would have had to cancel the show anyway.

In better COVID news, Nanae Takahashi has recovered and is good to go for Ice Ribbon's 15th anniversary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Ai Hozan tested positive for COVID so Marvelous would have had to cancel the show anyway.

In better COVID news, Nanae Takahashi has recovered and is good to go for Ice Ribbon's 15th anniversary

That Ice Ribbon show looks fantastic. Going to be interesting to see Fujimoto & Matsumoto go from defending their tag titles straight into an Infinity X clash with each other. And Yamashita vs Suzuki deathmatch! Gonna rule.