Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Manhattan Bridge in the back stretches from Denver to Manhattan Kansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was thinking even I recognize that bridge lol.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Goon Bridge Blindness strikes again.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Because the only part of the demon murder horse statue that is detailed should be public weird knowledge:

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/QPVTEjh.jpg :nws:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Because the only part of the demon murder horse statue that is detailed should be public weird knowledge:

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/QPVTEjh.jpg :nws:

We already had a picture of Mike Pence in this thread, you don't need to repeat the joke.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/CEtVky7.mp4

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Should've been a different finger.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

here lies: gaming chair. never scored

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gently caress beat me to it

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My friend was from a small town in Texas. One of the local ranchers was proud of his champion charolais bulls, so he has a life sized, anatomically correct fiberglass reproduction placed on a pole at the gate of his ranch.

Needless to say, there's no telling how many coats of alternating blue and white paint were on those balls. The local high schoolers would sneak in at night to paint them blue, and the rancher would paint over them within a day or two. This went on for decades.

Fun fact: the rancher took himself and his family out by deliberately crashing his plane. Not sure if the frustration of blue balls were involved.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Stexils posted:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

That fact was the opposite of fun, Mr Underbridge :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Stexils posted:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MrUnderbridge posted:

My friend was from a small town in Texas. One of the local ranchers was proud of his champion charolais bulls, so he has a life sized, anatomically correct fiberglass reproduction placed on a pole at the gate of his ranch.

Needless to say, there's no telling how many coats of alternating blue and white paint were on those balls. The local high schoolers would sneak in at night to paint them blue, and the rancher would paint over them within a day or two. This went on for decades.

Chunks of fordite falling off like eggshell from a baby bird.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Chunks of fordite falling off like eggshell from a baby bird.

The cars at Cadillac Ranch build up inches-thick paint and need to be sandblasted

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6989808556774018310

Also 100% old mate deserves a medal for getting it done regardless.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Yo! I heard you talkin poo poo!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I love how supportive everyone is by clapping when it's done, and how everyone (including him) is laughing with him instead of at him.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lobsterminator posted:

The good thing is, it's still not too late to replace that horse with a huge erect penis.

Welcome, Mr. vice president! How have the past six months been? Peaceful I hope?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

-Zydeco- posted:

Gritty reboot of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH looking good.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

-Zydeco- posted:

Say hello to my little friend

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

-Zydeco- posted:

this is what happens when Norbert finds out your book's overdue

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

-Zydeco- posted:

Flowers for Algernon's Parents

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

I have no idea what's going on here except someone screaming? I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking at.

I am dumb.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Beachcomber posted:

I have no idea what's going on here except someone screaming? I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking at.

I am dumb.

The guy in back is afraid of needles, but getting his (covid?) shot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It took me a rewatch to get it too — at first I thought the guy in back was pretending the vaccine had instantly made him lose his mind so as to freak out the guy in the foreground or something

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's a mass vaccination hub. He's getting his covid shot.

My best mates brother passed out when he got his shot, cause he's deathly afraid of needles.

Hats off to anyone that's scared of getting their shot for whatever reason, but still gets it anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/vW17Ilt.mp4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of those stunts are great but... god, I'm just imagining risking imminent painful death to be half a second in a compilation gif

I guess men have died for less

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those stunts where a dude is on top of a car and he jumps through a hoop remind me of that water park accident (murder, really) where a kid was decapitated by the metal hoops they had installed to keep people from flying off the ride.

TravellinDan
Feb 20, 2006

Wa...ter?
I sent Pauly Shore some of my art and he blocked me.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Those stunts where a dude is on top of a car and he jumps through a hoop remind me of that water park accident (murder, really) where a kid was decapitated by the metal hoops they had installed to keep people from flying off the ride.

How was it murder? I know of the story, but not really any of the details. Was there just tons of negligence or something? I'm assuming there'd have to be for a ride to kill a kid.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I think the point they're making is profound negligence and not that like the slide was designed with the intention of killing that specific kid.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Robobot posted:

How was it murder? I know of the story, but not really any of the details. Was there just tons of negligence or something? I'm assuming there'd have to be for a ride to kill a kid.

Negligence. They knew they had a problem and did the laziest most half rear end "fix" imaginable, adding a guard that could obviously hurt someone, rather than addressing the design problem with the slide. It's like seeing that your sidewalk is icy and tossing sand on half of it.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Robobot posted:

Here's a good video that goes into the details. Nothing explicit is shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKizH5wxSvU

Basically, the slide was designed by someone who wasn't a professional ride designer or an engineer, the workers who built it were forced to work around the clock to get it done and testing was rushed to get it open.

This was compounded by the fact that the Missouri decided that Schlitterbahn was allowed to perform their own inspections rather than state inspections. The victim's father was a Kansas lawmaker, who may* have been key to that decision being made.

*I've heard this from other sources that I can't find atm, so take this with a grain of salt.

Velocity Raptor has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Jul 30, 2021

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Negligence. They knew they had a problem and did the laziest most half rear end "fix" imaginable, adding a guard that could obviously hurt someone, rather than addressing the design problem with the slide. It's like seeing that your sidewalk is icy and tossing sand on half of it.

Yeah, just read up on it a bit.

quote:

It said not a single engineer was directly involved in Verruckt's engineering or slide path design and it complied with "few, if any" longstanding safety standards established by the American Society for Testing and Materials.

Nope, I'm good calling it criminal negligence and second degree murder.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The Bloop posted:

a lot of those stunts are great but... god, I'm just imagining risking imminent painful death to be half a second in a compilation gif

I think it's a testament to how undesirable life in Russia is

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fred looking good these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang