Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Judge Napolitano, who was a big name in the right wing radio universe and on Fox is now outed as a sexual predator and I can't stop laughing at all the head-spinning and mental gymnastics that is going to happen in newsrooms across the country where people kept inviting this guy on the air for YEARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Judge Napolitano, who was a big name in the right wing radio universe and on Fox is now outed as a sexual predator and I can't stop laughing at all the head-spinning and mental gymnastics that is going to happen in newsrooms across the country where people kept inviting this guy on the air for YEARS

You mean their token Sane Law Guy?
Looks like you were right all along to not trust the establishment like Andrew Napolitano (Kellyanne's Husband, right?)

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Andrew Napolitano is a sex pest, and Jeanine Pirro is a (not terribly subtle) alcoholic.

Does Fox have any "judges" who aren't complete trainwrecks at this point?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

pretty sure there's bigger fish to fry than some talkin head on a cable new channel that gets lower rating than big bang theroy or whatever nighttime prime time lcd tv show airs these days.

like gently caress The Simpsons probably still has ratings from sheer inertial.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Didn't he also in the last year start to push back against Trump?

Convenient timing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Didn't he also in the last year start to push back against Trump?

The Greatest Conservative Sin, it seems. I still don't get it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don’t know that he was ever really on the Trump train. Certainly not someone who’s opinion I’d respect but I don’t think he was a death cultist.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

I don’t know that he was ever really on the Trump train. Certainly not someone who’s opinion I’d respect but I don’t think he was a death cultist.

It's the either with you are with us or against us mentality.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I can't say paid attention to everything Napolitano has said but he's generally had one foot in reality so he ended up routinely pushing back against the crazier bullshit, which put him at odds with Trump and his cult by default since the word go.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I can't say paid attention to everything Napolitano has said but he's generally had one foot in reality so he ended up routinely pushing back against the crazier bullshit, which put him at odds with Trump and his cult by default since the word go.

I remember seeing his appearances on Jon Stewart and while he was a grumpy rear end in a top hat he was at least funny and could throw a good zinger. Still, yet another Fox personality is a prolific sexual predator? Wow, what are the odds? Gimme a second to go outside and check if the sky is still blue.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

STAC Goat posted:

It must be a strange, delicate rope to walk on trying to position one's self as a reasonable, rational republican these days. I mean, look at CPAC and poo poo like that. QAnon. These odd weirdo's and the Covid conspiracy poo poo.

All it takes for this cult is one expressed rational thought and you're cast out as a RINO or whatever. One foot means your'e half a step away from being impure. I don't know anyone one on "my side" of the aisle that does this or holds me to these weird rigid standards to earn their acceptance, nor any media figure or politician that I apply that measure to. Only thing that comes close might be hardcore vegans or something but by and large...no, not really.

And it really IS a cult. I'm not being hyperbolic. loving freaks me out.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

It must be a strange, delicate rope to walk on trying to position one's self as a reasonable, rational republican these days.

You have to commit just the right amount of sexual assault if you want to fit in. Not too little, not too much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, like the last time I remember noticing Napolitano was right after the election when all the insane voter fraud conspiracies started and he kept having to shoot down absolutely insane questions from the anchors to their disgust and shock. But that's basically how I've always noticed him. He's the "yeah, Obama is hates America and is ruining it forever but you can't actually impeach him because you think he might be Kenyan" guy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

“I don’t wanna hear any ‘Boohoo, you spent $30M in hush money on Bill’, you’re not Bill”

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I remember that I used to hate-listen to Fox News Talk on XM. Brian Kilmeade and Napolitano hosted a morning show. The whole concept was that Brian Kilmeade was the straight up conservative while Napolitano was his counter point as….a conservative libertarian.

I also remember how Napolitano went on The Daily Show and argued that the Civil War was not about slavery because Lincoln just did not purchase all the slaves.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

nine-gear crow posted:

I remember seeing his appearances on Jon Stewart and while he was a grumpy rear end in a top hat he was at least funny and could throw a good zinger. Still, yet another Fox personality is a prolific sexual predator? Wow, what are the odds? Gimme a second to go outside and check if the sky is still blue.

I'm starting to have suspicions about the network that regularly decries women who dislike rape as a threat to freedom.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Kudlow getting sued because he didnt want a 'Black' on the show and now Napolitano being a pervert.
Just need something on Tucker now to close it.

e:not sure if the Kudlow thing was posted

"Kudlow, a former top official in President Donald Trump’s administration, told his Fox staff not to book U.S. Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) as a guest because he did not want “the Black” on his show that day, according to a lawsuit by a Fox producer."
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-fox-harassment-lawsuit-larry-kudlow-andrew-napolitano-20210802-kq6wa5nvfzd6zny566nnucfw5i-story.html

OgNar fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 4, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OgNar posted:

Kudlow getting sued because he didnt want a 'Black' on the show and now Napolitano being a pervert.
Just need something on Tucker now to close it.

Him and his friends formed an anti-gay hate club in high school and named it after the man who murdered Harvey Milk and gave it a shoutout in his senior yearbook write up.

Also he’s Tucker Carlson, he is already the most despicable current extant human being on the planet.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Tucker continually keeps digging more than anyone else. It seems that he's Murdoch's attack dog and has special privilege.

Granted, it doesn't seem like he's done anything illegal.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Tucker continually keeps digging more than anyone else. It seems that he's Murdoch's attack dog and has special privilege.

Granted, it doesn't seem like he's done anything illegal.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Dan White club was when he was at Trinity College.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Tucker is never going to get the hgammer, he and Hannity are the two talkin heads that Fox truely need to exist. (because capitalism is lazy and refuses to develope talent or soltuions until the plane is already on fire and a few nanoseconds before smashing into the ground)

like this is bridge crossing that is game changing if it happens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m absolutely thrilled that right wing media figures are just dropping all pretense post-1/6 and advocating armed insurrection

https://twitter.com/urbanachievr/status/1422901781202415623?s=21

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m absolutely thrilled that right wing media figures are just dropping all pretense post-1/6 and advocating armed insurrection

Dunno the author but lemme guess, he says "PARTY OF LINCOLN" and "Robert E Lee was an american hero" in the same breath.

The literal slavers invoking abolitionist rhetoric is so, so good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Dunno the author but lemme guess, he says "PARTY OF LINCOLN" and "Robert E Lee was an american hero" in the same breath.

Those multiple paragraphs in that blurb would be so much more concise if it was just “Racist says ‘no you are the real racist!’ to charges of racism”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Devin Nunes is back in court, this time suing NBC because they let Rachel Maddow air a story about him being involved with some Russian agent back in March. He is alleging defamation.

https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1422721944953266182?s=21

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I also remember how Napolitano went on The Daily Show and argued that the Civil War was not about slavery because Lincoln just did not purchase all the slaves.

The idea that the South would have been cool with that is loving hilarious

Abolishing slavery de facto by buying up and freeing all the slaves (since importation was already banned) is much much much much more radical than Lincoln's actual fairly mild Free Soil platform of blocking slavery's expansion into the territories, and the South still went white-hot with rage when he won.

He even supported an amendment to entrench slavery forever in states that wanted it.

Abraham Lincoln posted:

I understand a proposed amendment to the Constitution—which amendment, however, I have not seen—has passed Congress, to the effect that the Federal Government shall never interfere with the domestic institutions of the States, including that of persons held to service ... holding such a provision to now be implied constitutional law, I have no objection to its being made express and irrevocable.

Freeing the slaves was a punishment for insurrection, and a diplomatic strategy to get world opinion on the Union side. And also a practical matter because they needed to do something with all the slaves that kept running to Union lines. It wouldn't have happened at all or at least not then if the South hadn't started a war for pretty much no reason.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 4, 2021

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

lol as if chuds wouldn't be Confederates or Copperheads from top to bottom

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's Meghan McCain's husband and co-founder of The Federalist Ben Domenech.

Probably all that needs to be said, really.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can't get over the anger in the term woke, but then calling yourself wide awake...

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 4, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

lol as if chuds wouldn't be Confederates or Copperheads from top to bottom

https://twitter.com/miniondeathcult/status/1413876527972847625

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmlied

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ILL Machina posted:

I can get over the anger in the term woke, but then calling yourself wide awake...

Me hate they call themselves enlightened! Is stuck up!

And they not enlightened, WE enlightened!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Devin Nunes is back in court, this time suing NBC because they let Rachel Maddow air a story about him being involved with some Russian agent back in March. He is alleging defamation.

Can't wait for a court to rule that among other things, Devin Nunes probably is, in fact, a Russian agent.

That's the way these things usually go for Devin, don't they?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Can't wait for a court to rule that among other things, Devin Nunes probably is, in fact, a Russian agent.

That's the way these things usually go for Devin, don't they?

Also we already know he was talking to Lev Parnas

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Nunes is to dumb to know he's a Russian agent.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Useful idiots are the easiest agents to work with.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
wrong thread

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Lone Badger posted:

You have to commit just the right amount of sexual assault if you want to fit in. Not too little, not too much.

Just a little pussy grabbing...child diddling is ok too, as long as you don't get caught...and even then it's kinda ok as Roy Moore showed us. Honestly I don't think it matters what you do so long as you march to the Trump step. So long as you toe the right line Trumpers will come up with a hundred excuses as to why your crime wasn't really a crime

FlamingLiberal posted:

That's sure...something
The "wide awakes" that feared they were gonna lose their slaves despite Lincoln telling them he had no interest in it, so they started a war that still didn't get them taken away, so they tried to get Europe involved which finally got their slaves taken away to which they cried "You see! They wanted to take them away the whole time!". Conservatives are as stupid today as their Democratic selves were in the 1800's

FlamingLiberal posted:

If he wins, Fox is gonna poo poo a brick. Holy gently caress they'll get sued off the earth

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

The "wide awakes" that feared they were gonna lose their slaves despite Lincoln telling them he had no interest in it, so they started a war that still didn't get them taken away, so they tried to get Europe involved which finally got their slaves taken away to which they cried "You see! They wanted to take them away the whole time!". Conservatives are as stupid today as their Democratic selves were in the 1800's
That has to be one of the biggest self-owns in history. Lincoln was even like "hey come back we can amend the constitution to make slavery unabolishable", but it had become a culture war at that point.

That the Northern states could elect a Republican president without the South's say-so meant that they didn't run poo poo anymore and they obviously never would again based on population growth trends and the small problem that most of the Southern states' populations only counted as 3/5th of a person (another sign of Northern perfidy in their eyes, Northern states were stealing the presidency by letting black people vote!).

They really imagined that Southern chivalry would send union troops packing, they'd conquer everything south of the Mason-Dixon, the wealth of the world would land at their shores to buy their cotton and they'd finish taking Mexico and rule a slave empire bigger than Ancient Rome, if only the damnyankees weren't holding them back!

On the other hand, even though they lost their slaves, shortly after the war they had more power in the federal government than ever before because they got to count all their black population towards their federal representation but didn't actually have to let any of them vote, so ya know not great planning on either side.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 5, 2021