Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

etalian posted:

They are so dumb since if you read the cards such as pre-clinical trials you knew it would be around the corner.

Pfizer and now Moderna have pretty much stated that due to pre-clinical trials with a year of data the waning in protection point is around 6 months.

Pfizer estimates around 2 - 3 percent is lost a month which over 1 or 2 year would lead to a gradual decrease in vaccine induced protections.

So why the gently caress should I *not* be getting all booster shots, all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

"I'm just gonna chill because I'm healthy and whatever happens happens" is the Joe Rogan approach

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Louisgod posted:

it owns waking up every morning going to my computer to work and instead doomscrolling this thread all day while I get nothing done

I do it on my phone so there's not chance of my work finding out :smug:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Since I only had the J&J vaxx I'm gonna get myself a shot of one of the mRNA flavors. Which fake name do you like better: Peter Wenus or Max Tits?

TRUMP!!!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Perhaps you should consult The Media Literacy Thread before you post a source like this.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

phew. everyone in the doctors office has a mask on.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
american researcher Ford Detrick has been identified as the creator of the novel SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

phew. everyone in the doctors office has a mask on.

Lucky. I went to the doctor recently and everyone was wearing masks... except the receptionist. Like, she's surrounded by medical professionals in PPE but thinks, "I know insurance billing. Everyone is stupid but me."

It was literally this.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1423658573779906560

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

this is 100000x worse than any loony anti-vaxxer billgates nanochip poo poo. the freaking @espn account that _37 million_ people follow. it's a default account that pops up on brand new computers and web browsers and poo poo. it's in kids apps and probably thousands and thousands of 12 year old read it. and there is a nice little nugget of anti-vax wrapped up in an official ESPN bowtie

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the more politicized we make the vaccines the better imo. let's get the pajama boy from that old obamacare website to say that you're subhuman if you don't want the vaccine. that'll help drive up engagement.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

McCracAttack posted:

Lucky. I went to the doctor recently and everyone was wearing masks... except the receptionist. Like, she's surrounded by medical professionals in PPE but thinks, "I know insurance billing. Everyone is stupid but me."

It was literally this.

lol

yeah i had to have a pest control person out recently and he found out i work in healthcare IT and had some STRONG thoughts on the vaccines he wouldn't stop sharing. you know, his wife does medical coding and she has seen so many people have issues with the vaccines that aren't being reported... lmao

he sent me a link to the Stew Peters show about a woman who supposedly had guillain barre after the vaccine (which could have been true but obviously it's extremely rare). Wtf. Being a cspam regular for years i'm pretty well versed in the d-list right wing media people but i had never heard of stew peters. everything is so goddamn stupid

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The media reporting on COVID is now just all "nobody knows nothing":

quote:

According to CDPHE, an outbreak was determined at Flatirons Community Church in Lafayette on July 30 and involved five staff cases and 15 attendee cases.

Korrie Bartels, communications director for Flatirons Community Church, said she did not have any information about the recent outbreak. She was not sure who reported the outbreak and was unable to confirm whether the state data was accurate.

Angela Simental, Boulder County Public Health spokesperson, said the church should know who reported the outbreak and when it occurred.

Simental could not explain before publication Thursday how the state receives its outbreak data and whether it is the county who relays the information or whether a business or organization reports it directly to the state.

No other outbreaks have been reported at the church, according to CDPHE data.

The second outbreak was determined at Legacy Assisted Living in Lafayette on Aug. 3 and involved three resident cases.

Officials with the assisted living facility declined to comment.

https://twitter.com/jimbcbs4/status/1423435328782745600

:bustem:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1423661882817318920

lmbo

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I know so many people who loving love Kirk cousins. it’s another test to know who sucks or not.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

lol

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
"hey you should push your kids in front of this train. push em in front, they'll be fine. put your kids on the train tracks in front of this slowly moving train. come on, do it."

*the kid closest to the train starts getting crushed*

"I've made a conscious choice to be less involved in this policy discussion going forward."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

getting covid is the ultimate crack ping for some

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Stereotype posted:

personally i am against kids dying

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Zokari posted:

so when are all the people with vaccines gonna suddenly drop dead

taking a while
It's more of a slow spiritual sickness. You will get to St. Peter's gates and be denied as your soul will have been eternally damned.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hahahahahahaha :coronatoot:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ah, the Nigel Farage School of Backing Out After Setting Off The Explosives - classic.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"I will do anything to win

but I won't do thaaaat"

he's going to deflate some balls but the balls will be his own and theyll be deflated via coronavirus

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
That lady's entire career output is dedicated to justifying every last one of her selfish choices w.r.t. her own children since they were in utero.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
SPARTANBURG, S.C. —
Gov. Henry McMaster addressed the COVID-19 pandemic during a stop at Tindall Corporation in Spartanburg County on Thursday morning.

McMaster maintained his stance that parents should decide if their child wears a mask in school this fall. He said parents know what is best for their children.

“They know what the implications or ramifications are for distance learning which we know did not work very well at all, masking indoors and outdoors," McMaster said. "They know their children, they know children and I think we must listen to the parents on these things.”

Henry.. Thank u

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

:frogsiren:

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Speaking of body counts...

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Feeling: bit of a morning tickly throat cough past few days, upset stomach/nausea likely from postnasal drip or smth, otherwise feeling pretty above the weather

Test: haven't gotten one yet, it didn't occur to me yet

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
lmao she's almost certainly made fun of communist economics for the same loving poo poo she pulled too

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Since I only had the J&J vaxx I'm gonna get myself a shot of one of the mRNA flavors. Which fake name do you like better: Peter Wenus or Max Tits?

Moe Derner or Phil Zerd depending on which one you get

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
that brave woman will be president some day, i can feel it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!
"treat unvaccinated children the same as vaccinated grandmas!"

*childrens hospitals begin filling up*

"having accomplished all of my goals as pro-COVID economist in one year, there was no need for a second."

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Buffer posted:

oh yea, we've known all this for forever it feels like.

I guess I'm just wondering at what point the realization that your information moderation techniques are *failing* you sets in - that your whole rubric / culture is broken and rotten and getting people dead. I'm thinking never at this point.

There's a lesson there. Damned if I know what.

relax, they have a media critique thread, in which you're encouraged to dismiss any source that isn't a former George W Bush comms department lady on MSNBC

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1423668674960019456?s=19

Wear a mask around the unvaccinated kid you loving creep.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
lmao economics professor down

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

the more politicized we make the vaccines the better imo. let's get the pajama boy from that old obamacare website to say that you're subhuman if you don't want the vaccine. that'll help drive up engagement.

pajama boy's name is ducklo and he got fired for threatening reporters over people finding out he was embedding in another reporter, sorry

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1423668674960019456?s=19

Wear a mask around the unvaccinated kid you loving creep.

this really loving pisses me off to no end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Casey Finnigan posted:

"hey you should push your kids in front of this train. push em in front, they'll be fine. put your kids on the train tracks in front of this slowly moving train. come on, do it."

*the kid closest to the train starts getting crushed*

"I've made a conscious choice to be less involved in this policy discussion going forward."