Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mac9k5 posted:

I... I don't know what to tell ya about that one... maybe that is a judgement we must all make for ourselves.

In the end, it’s the final decision we all must take, make or break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Mac9k5 posted:

Questions during episode 18:
What was wrong with the nuclear powered mech
whyyyyyyy does it have to be children!

It didn't have an AT Field, or the ability to neutralize an Angel's AT Field.
and the answer to the other question is spoilers :v:

Also, Unit 03 got infected when it flew through the clouds while T posing like an idiot

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

In the end, it’s the final decision we all must take, make or break

heh

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

Shin Sailor Moon

Give him the reigns to Sailor Moon Crystal : Stars Arc (Cuz let's face it, he'll probably be free for it given how the schedule has been for SMC) and lets get that Vaporwave Nightmare End of Sailor Moon we, and that comic, deserves :patriot:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ordered the first grip of parts for the unit 02 bike

star of the show. i spent way more than i should have for a drat motorcycle headlight, but it was the only foureyes i could find. it's good quality too

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

My problem is I would love to do something like that but then I get annoyed when someone recognizes my shameful nerdery in public.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I understand, for sure. i'm already a ham radio operator, i left shame behind a long time ago.

I have some hookups in the cosplay scene so maybe i can find an Asuka that wants to do a shoot

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

I understand, for sure. i'm already a ham radio operator, i left shame behind a long time ago.

I have some hookups in the cosplay scene so maybe i can find an Asuka that wants to do a shoot

I feel like this will be the easy part.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jonny 290 posted:

This is a bad idea but Tiffany Grant would almost certainly do it for free

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don’t recall that many Asukas or Reis at Dragoncons past but maybe I just wasn’t looking hard enough.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

I was about to suggest that but I think she still lives in Texas and that's not very close.

Edit:vvvvvvv hell yeah

Midjack fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 27, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

overmind2000 posted:

i have a trailer hitch bike carrier and i would fuckin' tow this bike anywhere in the lower 48 for that session

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

overmind2000 posted:

Weird way to spell great idea but w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Got almost all the trim in, bout to start actually painting and such. will keep y'all posted once it gets interesting - sanding and priming is boring work though, heh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
One week left

Also this for the dub people:

https://twitter.com/EvaMonkey/status/1423823582740697095

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: actually, I can just look that up myself

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 7, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wait, they did yet ANOTHER dub of every movie? For gently caress's sake. Glad to see Amanda Winn Lee back but Jesus Christ, I shudder to think what hamfisted micro-managed Studio Khara mandated-under-pain-of-death awful script is going to be used for all of them.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

My center channel is rattling which is the excuse I need to get the biggest front speaker I can find used. If I can rope my friends into watching the other rebuilds over the next week to get caught up I'll see if I can find a deal with matching left and right channels.

Next week is gonna be awesome as poo poo.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Does anyone know anything about a supposed 3.333 release? I know we had 3.0 & 3.33 but apparently there's a 3.333 that's either recently released or is due soon? From what I can gather it has some minor changes such as different colors for some plug suits, but also some alternate scenes as well? I've no idea if this is nonsense or not however but it seems like it might be a slightly tweaked version made after 3.0 + 1.0 was completed? I don't think that Amazon will have it when everything goes live so maybe it's not that big of a deal?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
3.333 is coming out on 4k Blu-ray in Japan in August, I don't think they've said if it's streaming anywhere

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Seemlar posted:

3.333 is coming out on 4k Blu-ray in Japan in August, I don't think they've said if it's streaming anywhere

My god. Are all of them coming? My excitement meter is about to burst right now.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Seemlar posted:

For reference, I think the only differences are a plugsuit colour correction and a bit of graffiti, both to align with Shin.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope they announce a box set of all four movies. 2.22 is the only one that's not out of print.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The originals would still probably be worth a bit if the rereleases are new dubs only.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Are any of them currently on 4k though?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So most of the old dub crew is back to redub movies they already dubbed?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roth posted:

I hope they announce a box set of all four movies. 2.22 is the only one that's not out of print.

Yeah by the time I was ready to buy them, they all went out of print. Hoping for a 4k version, would be so sick

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

gotta redub it all so the 4th film is consistent with the first 3? maybe?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Or so Khara can control literally everything and mandate their verbatim script?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's gotta be this.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Khara's micromanaging of the localization has been miserable and it'd be better if they let whatever localization company do their job, but the problem absolutely is not that Khara has control of the films they produced.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gonna be real interested to see what Amanda Winn Lee has to say about this whole thing once her NDA expires. Because she said that the Netflix script was word-for-word the script Khara tried to force them to use back in the 90s, but they didn’t have the pull they do now, so ADV Films told them to pound sand.

Now Khara apparently has the power to send an armed death squad into the dubbing studio and force people to read their script at gunpoint or something.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Gonna be real interested to see what Amanda Winn Lee has to say about this whole thing once her NDA expires. Because she said that the Netflix script was word-for-word the script Khara tried to force them to use back in the 90s, but they didn’t have the pull they do now, so ADV Films told them to pound sand.

Now Khara apparently has the power to send an armed death squad into the dubbing studio and force people to read their script at gunpoint or something.

I'm sorry, did they or did they not hold up the BR release of 3.33 for a couple of years to redo the English dub? After that it's near-certain that any licensing deal would be structured to give them full control over any localization script for any future releases, and as the licenses expire for the earlier movies they'll add that in to those deals too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Midjack posted:

I'm sorry, did they or did they not hold up the BR release of 3.33 for a couple of years to redo the English dub? After that it's near-certain that any licensing deal would be structured to give them full control over any localization script for any future releases, and as the licenses expire for the earlier movies they'll add that in to those deals too.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. Khara has the power now to mandate that whatever dub studio HAS to use their script, unaltered, basically at gunpoint after their misinterpretation of the initial fan reaction to 3.0's first dub.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

She made that up, for what it's worth.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Midjack posted:

Wonder if they'll double down on forcing really dumb poo poo like the whole "Third Children" thing in the Netflix dub. God that could have used a native English speaker to have some veto power at literally any point in production.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Seemlar posted:

Ah, now see it's just believable enough that it seems true. Because it sure as poo poo feels like something Khara would have pulled.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Seemlar posted:

Lmao really?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Just wanted to post that I rewatched 1.11/2.22/3.33 all in a row this weekend in anticipation of the final movie coming out and the story flowed a lot better than when I watched them the first time.
The third movie is still a major detour as if they wanted to pull the rug out from under the viewer and be mysterious (and nothing really happens in it either), but at least I could follow the plot in one go.
I'm hoping the fourth movie puts that film in context.

Can't wait until Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

1.11 and 2.22 have some of the best anime dub work I've ever watched, so I can only assume the new ones will be robotic and baffling even with the original cast.