Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

OGDanDogg posted:

Also there's a better chance they won't die on you and force you to get on a waiting list for a new GP.

Here's stalking bag

The hat is orange. That’s a hunting bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

deerstalking

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Kharnifex posted:

Wait till he's in uniform impersonating officers.

He wears a disguise to look like human guys...

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

hockey jockey posted:

He wears a disguise to look like human guys...

but you're not a man, you're a chicken boo.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kntfkr posted:

A good friend and neighbor had their wallet stolen out of a car in their driveway last night and so she shared the video on next-door to see if anyone recognized the thief and every single post was just people scolding her/her husband for leaving one of their car's unlocked.

Like, why bother responding? Buncha dicks.

They are reveling in her pain and loss and their innate superiority to her for not having that happen to them. The dark and shameful truth of social media is that most interactions between strangers are like this

Turpitude II posted:

younger is also more likely to be up-to-date, if they've been educated recently they may be aware of more recent studies instead of going off of outdated and disproven info

You don't have to be some anti-science moron to believe that many if not most doctors are either incompetent or care about nothing but moving you through and getting that insurance payment.

I've seen so many doctors recently that fits into either one or both of those categories.

OGDanDogg posted:

Also there's a better chance they won't die on you and force you to get on a waiting list for a new GP.

Here's stalking bag

Wonder what's the chance there was a gun inside/attached to the outside or nearby in the car.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Alex Jones avatar makes me think this person's brain just tore itself apart from constant fear and paranoia and they're on the verge of a seizure and all they can say is a feeble "Help" before their body finally implodes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Yaldabaoth posted:

The Alex Jones avatar makes me think this person's brain just tore itself apart from constant fear and paranoia and they're on the verge of a seizure and all they can say is a feeble "Help" before their body finally implodes.

I think he's just fallen and he can't get up. It's his body and he wants it now

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

OGDanDogg posted:

Here's stalking bag

Is that Dennis Reynold's backpack?

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
His would only have one phone charger. It's the S in DENNIS.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is someone not in my neighborhood but close enough that I am genuinely concerned.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Play dumb and ask them if yellow stars somehow help to prevent the spread of covid the same way sitting outside does

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Did Candyman kill the barking cats?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nothing like posting through a psychotic break.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Holy racism Batman! Why wouldn't the neighborhood called "---------------- Plantation" not want a school, when the other option is homes being developed for 200+ "diverse" families?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chief McHeath posted:

Holy racism Batman! Why wouldn't the neighborhood called "---------------- Plantation" not want a school, when the other option is homes being developed for 200+ "diverse" families?

generally these types don't like schools either so maybe progress has been made huh did you ever think. of. that

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Soros is a made up person right? The way these loons carry on about him, he seems just the final boss in their never ending battle with completely imaginary enemies.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ralph Hurley posted:

Soros is a made up person right? The way these loons carry on about him, he seems just the final boss in their never ending battle with completely imaginary enemies.

He's a Hungarian Jewish person who came to America after WWII and became a billionaire hedge fund guy. He donates to Democratic politicians and causes, and during the W Bush years, said Bush's rise reminded him of Hitler. He funds Media Matters, which is basically an org that watches Fox News all day to report on what they're showing their audience to normies. It really doesn't haven't much impact.

All this "help" is actually pretty anemic. Media Matters only seems to employe, like, three people at a time. If he had started up an honest-to-god Liberal/Left leaning news organization during the Bush years, or bought up a bunch of local newspapers instead of letting right-wing ghouls buy them all, it might be paying dividends by now, but :effort:

If George Soros paid all the people that the Right claimed he did, he wouldn't be a billionaire any more.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He's a Hungarian Jewish person who came to America after WWII and became a billionaire hedge fund guy. He donates to Democratic politicians and causes, and during the W Bush years, said Bush's rise reminded him of Hitler. He funds Media Matters, which is basically an org that watches Fox News all day to report on what they're showing their audience to normies. It really doesn't haven't much impact.

All this "help" is actually pretty anemic. Media Matters only seems to employe, like, three people at a time. If he had started up an honest-to-god Liberal/Left leaning news organization during the Bush years, or bought up a bunch of local newspapers instead of letting right-wing ghouls buy them all, it might be paying dividends by now, but :effort:

If George Soros paid all the people that the Right claimed he did, he wouldn't be a billionaire any more.

I think they needed to find a false equivalent to the Koch brothers and other right-wing villains, and Soros somehow ended up taking that role. For decades the American right has accused their opponents of what they themselves are guilty of, and finding a billionaire scapegoat is in line with that.

Some of the anti-vaxx poo poo coming out is brazenly stealing catchphrases and misappropriating arguments from the abortion rights movement. They are morally bankrupt and intellectually bereft. Demonizing Soros reflects their worldview that their opponents must think like they do, which is terrifying to them because they want to hurt if not destroy their opponents.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ralph Hurley posted:

It's antisemitism made palatable that's it

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Thanks for the responses, it’s pretty much what I figured.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

CaptainSarcastic posted:

...because they want to hurt if not destroy their opponents.

And in their minds, it's ok for them to do this because they're holy angels and their opponents are soulless demons.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I think they needed to find a false equivalent to the Koch brothers and other right-wing villains, and Soros somehow ended up taking that role. For decades the American right has accused their opponents of what they themselves are guilty of, and finding a billionaire scapegoat is in line with that.

Some of the anti-vaxx poo poo coming out is brazenly stealing catchphrases and misappropriating arguments from the abortion rights movement. They are morally bankrupt and intellectually bereft. Demonizing Soros reflects their worldview that their opponents must think like they do, which is terrifying to them because they want to hurt if not destroy their opponents.

the "somehow" is entirely "hes a jew"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I have been hearing conspiracy theories about George Soros since at least the late 90s, so it really is not an answer to the Koch brothers. It is always from the same people who are afraid of one world government and blue helmets taking over. Not all of the people spouting it understand the antisemitism angle but it is definitely there.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think I've only heard of Soros for the last few years or so.
I wanna say after the Rockefeller guy died and suddenly it was Soros that became the bad guy along with Rothschild.

My cousin's bf is all in to that lizard people Soros conspiracy poo poo. I'm pretty sure one post on Facebook he was all like 'gently caress you Soros if I ever met you face to face I'd thunder punch you' or some poo poo like that.
I generally ignore vthat poo poo, but it's quite entertaining I have to admit.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I think I've only heard of Soros for the last few years or so.
I wanna say after the Rockefeller guy died and suddenly it was Soros that became the bad guy along with Rothschild.

My cousin's bf is all in to that lizard people Soros conspiracy poo poo. I'm pretty sure one post on Facebook he was all like 'gently caress you Soros if I ever met you face to face I'd thunder punch you' or some poo poo like that.
I generally ignore vthat poo poo, but it's quite entertaining I have to admit.

I've definitely been hearing the Soros poo poo since at least during Obama's campaign leading up to his election. That was also the first time I was old enough to vote and was really paying attention so I'm guessing it predates even that.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

So this link says it started in the early 90s

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/us/politics/george-soros-bombs-trump.html

Also apparently he has always been an anti communist so loving LOL but of course Lyndon LaRouche was on of the first to smear him.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

From the "Finds" (for sale/free) section:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Boy, talk about your Soviet apple quartering machine.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Disappointment. I don’t mean to sound negative, but i do wanna throw this out there to fellow nieghbors.
It seems like whenever a nieghbor asks for help with a small or fair project that can be done by someone down the street, a friendly message from a nice carpenter or painter down the street offers to work just practically wanting to get to know people through helping out. But instead advertisement for friends and families that have companies take over ...well hell, it turns into a whole other Home Adviser Site. “Call this company” Call that company!
Why not just let the little man down the street with heart and soul that goes into his work do a little work for a Nieghbor down the street kinda like the guy who walks around with a push mower and weed eater asking for small work. Not every app is meant for big companies and when I subscribed to Nextdoor before all this, I met a lot of cool people just fixing a door handle, repairing a leaning fence from hurricane damage or just painting someones porch for a small charge. It was fun but I believe that all that has ended.
Instead of throwing phone numbers out there, why not offer to help them yourself or just simply offer a trustworthy friend down the street for once. Try it! It’s not like you’re getting commission for every company you message to people. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, just had a thought on what I think is bogus now. Thanks for reading

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Package. A package with my address on it was left here for Ice Jones. Anyone know Ice Jones? Please contact me.

Struggling to not reply that he can be reached at (281) 330-8004.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

Package. A package with my address on it was left here for Ice Jones. Anyone know Ice Jones? Please contact me.

Struggling to not reply that he can be reached at (281) 330-8004.

:hmmyes:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A little respect for your neighbors, please! I tried to enjoy a Sunday brunch on the deck. Unfortunately all neighbors decided it's the perfect time to mow their lawns or cut wood. Some tips - if you need to wear headsets to protect yor ears from the sound, how about your neighbor's ears? If you see me eating on the deck, when you pull your workbench next to me, your sawdust ends up on my food.

e: this post on nextdoor was reported three times lol

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Writing to my state representative about....an annoying trumpet player.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Somebody in my neighborhood created "Roundtop Randy", one of those lightup Christmas reindeer that became kind of a mascot of 2020 into 2021. He decorated it a mask, t-shirts that would celebrate the holidays, flags... all that kind of stuff.

He even put a plastic envelope on there where people could drop money so he could donate it to Children's Hospitals and stuff. Super cool stuff and this crappy little Christmas decoration was a fun thing to check out while you were walking or whatever.

As you can imagine, not everyone loved Randy. Some people said he was "Junky", that he made the yard look bad, and that he was "Political" because he wore a a mask and at one point had a rainbow flag flying.

In July, Randy disappeared.

The owner has been begging for his return, saying that he just wants Randy back, no questions asked. Various theories have popped up regarding who stole Randy and why. My personal theory is that one of the people complaining about Randy just stole him, then tossed him a dumpster somewhere hoping that the owner would just forget about Randy, or think some kids stole him as a prank.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Build a new randy, bigger and betterer

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
What the world needs more right now is Randy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

“He’s wearing a mask, that’s too political!” complain the chuds who decided from day one that wearing a mask was a political statement and not a basic loving precaution against spreading a contagious disease.